Aims for the holidays (1 Viewer)

eat_well

HSC
Biology- finish syllabus summary notes
Physics- finish syllabus summary notes and do textbook questions
Business- read over notes, finish quantas case study and start to look at finance
Maths- finish all textbook homework
English-finish all tutoring hw, read frankenstein, the 7 speeches and julius caesar

reps2g

HSC
English-
1) Read all texts.
2) Finish holidays HW.
3) Do some belonging essays.
4) Work on creative writing.
5) Past "paper 1's" (possibly).

Maths-
1) Consolidate T1 topics
2) Do topics up to and including trig.
3) Possibly get up to LOG.

Biology-
1) Finish Maintaining a balance syllabus notes.
2) Do blue print of life syllabus notes.
3) Do past paper questions related to 1st and 2nd module.

Modern History-
1) Finish off 1st core notes.
2) Do national study notes.
3) Brief overview of personality (possibly make notes)
4) Do some source questions to consolidate knowledge of core.

SOR-
1) Do speech
2) Do course

ej114

HSC
English: do justice game and the simple gift essays

Biology: fix up maintaing summaries (done), possibly start blueprint

Chemistry: get up to date on production summaries (done)

Physics: do space summaries

Graphics: continue on with major work

Maths: finish exponential and do propability

Kimyia

HSC
Uni Grad
4u:O : catch up on complex n graphs i missed:( and Peerfect it
3u/2u: Perfect integration and start math induction
Phys: Revise M&G and Space and do papers
Chem: Revise Materials and try finish off Acids
PE: Try and finish off Sports Med and make notes for whole topic:D
ouch, our school hasn't finished production of materials in chem yet and we only just started m&g in physics :( i think we do our maths topics all in different orders so meh. but my plan for the hols:
English advanced: assessment, practice essays, read frankenstein, watch bladerunner, take notes
Maths 2/3U: revise all topics so far, past papers, revise prelim topics
Chem: assessment, syllabus notes, past papers
Physics: assessment, syllabus notes, past papers
Bio: holiday homework, syllabus notes, past papers
SOR1: syllabus notes
...funsies

Last edited:

goobi

HSC
English: Read all texts
Math Ext 2: Integration, Polynomials & Conics
Legal: Revise Crime and learn Human Rights
Eco: Revise topic 1

Jackson94

HSC
It's better to just master the 1 or 2 topics you have already done than to go off and prepare the whole course, in the end you will have a superficial understanding of it. That is to say it is better to have done summaries on like the first 1 and a half topics and done every question from textbooks/past papers in those topics than to summarize all four and have a poor understanding.

Kimyia

HSC
Uni Grad
It's better to just master the 1 or 2 topics you have already done than to go off and prepare the whole course, in the end you will have a superficial understanding of it. That is to say it is better to have done summaries on like the first 1 and a half topics and done every question from textbooks/past papers in those topics than to summarize all four and have a poor understanding.
+1. I agree completely.

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
- Revise 1st Year uni stuff.
- Read ahead for 2nd Year.
- Swim more.

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
Well, I did Semester 1 and 2 part-time because I had sporting commitments. Regardless, I didn't really go to any lectures or tutes, so I had heaps of free time.

Uni is actually much more relaxing than HSC. So many people say 'omfg its like a HSC every 6 months'.... it really isn't. Just do daily revision and you should be fine.

What I like about uni is that you can work at your own pace. If you feel productive one day, do a whole HEAP of revision. If you feel lazy, don't bother doing anything. It's all up to you.

For example, during the month coming towards the final exams, this was my daily routine for 90% of the days (I had very poor lecture and tutorial attendance, I only went if I had to do a quiz or hand in an assignment)

5am - 7am: Swim

7am - 9am: Breakfast whilst browsing YouTube videos

9am - 12 noon: Left 4 Dead 2

12 noon - 1pm: Lunch whilst browsing more videos.

1pm - 3pm: Do my own revision (I have a huge stash of Uni textbooks to study from. I feel that I learn more effectively from a textbook rather than a lecturer)

3pm - 4pm: Game

4pm - 7pm: Swim/land training

7pm - 8pm: Dinner whilst browsing more videos

8pm - 9pm: More study

9pm - 10pm: Game

10pm onwards: Sleep.

Rinse and repeat.

What I especially love about Uni is the fact that all the kids who got tutored for most of their subjects during HSC... are starting to get owned. It's like they cannot cope with studying by themselves or setting their own weekly tasks, and they need someone else to do it for them.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Well, I did Semester 1 and 2 part-time because I had sporting commitments. Regardless, I didn't really go to any lectures or tutes, so I had heaps of free time.

Uni is actually much more relaxing than HSC. So many people say 'omfg its like a HSC every 6 months'.... it really isn't. Just do daily revision and you should be fine.

What I like about uni is that you can work at your own pace. If you feel productive one day, do a whole HEAP of revision. If you feel lazy, don't bother doing anything. It's all up to you.

For example, during the month coming towards the final exams, this was my daily routine for 90% of the days (I had very poor lecture and tutorial attendance, I only went if I had to do a quiz or hand in an assignment)

5am - 7am: Swim

7am - 9am: Breakfast whilst browsing YouTube videos

9am - 12 noon: Left 4 Dead 2

12 noon - 1pm: Lunch whilst browsing more videos.

1pm - 3pm: Do my own revision (I have a huge stash of Uni textbooks to study from. I feel that I learn more effectively from a textbook rather than a lecturer)

3pm - 4pm: Game

4pm - 7pm: Swim/land training

7pm - 8pm: Dinner whilst browsing more videos

8pm - 9pm: More study

9pm - 10pm: Game

10pm onwards: Sleep.

Rinse and repeat.

What I especially love about Uni is the fact that all the kids who got tutored for most of their subjects during HSC... are starting to get owned. It's like they cannot cope with studying by themselves or setting their own weekly tasks, and they need someone else to do it for them.
Is it actually that relaxed?

I thought you didn't sleep at 10 pm...

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
Is it actually that relaxed?

I thought you didn't sleep at 10 pm...
Only for me because I didn't go to lectures or tutes, and I was part time. Otherwise my 8am - 4pm slot would be just Uni (yes if you do the advanced maths topics, you will have 8am lectures just like 4U class at school).

The timetable I gave you was during my good period, when I was swimming everyday etc. However at some point near the finals, I got really sick (Bronchitis and cold-induced asthma =( ) and had to go off swimming for several weeks. That was when I started staying up late till 1-2am etc.

The essential thing is.... do daily revision. It sure as hell beats all nighters. Yes, it does require a bit of discipline. Yes, sometimes you will have your lazy days (but everybody does). But it pays off in the end, and I ended up doing well in my Final exams.

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
Catching up with mates at the end of day and downing a few beers is always a highlight.
This. Minus the beer though :p

I never liked the taste of beer. Catching up with coffee is good though! Except coffee from Carslaw Coffee Cart.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
This. Minus the beer though :p

I never liked the taste of beer. Catching up with coffee is good though! Except coffee from Carslaw Coffee Cart.
Beer is awesome. You should join me some time!

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Ohh, but it's all bitter and everything. What's wrong with a nice cup of coke, or coffee? :p
I collected data over the past few years and I've come to the conclusion that I enjoyment is positively correlated with alcohol consumption. Truly full-proof theory right there.

Bored_of_HSC

HSC
Fk i can't wait for uni!!!!! Why can't we just go straight there!?!?!?! (semi srs)

If drop-kicks do courses like med they can jsut drop out after 1st year if their exams aren't up to scratch.

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
Fk i can't wait for uni!!!!! Why can't we just go straight there!?!?!?! (semi srs)

If drop-kicks do courses like med they can jsut drop out after 1st year if their exams aren't up to scratch.
Drop-kicks.... medicine...

I do not see the correlation lol. A hugely inverse one however, I do see.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)