America's Next Top Model - Cycle 7 (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
Yeah, Melrose :/

She's not full out bitch like Jade was last season, but the ego is pretty high, not to mention insensitivity. She's like the girl at camp nobody likes, but nobody will go up to and say "shut up!" to because she's not thhaaaat bad, but still pretty bad (it could also be because everyone else in the house is too decent to say something like that)

I'm sad to see Megg go :( Maybe it was her time, but I really liked her personality, even if she is all about "rock and roooollllll!"

The group dynamics this season are really interesting. It's like there's two factions of girls... oh and AJ and Caridee still rock majorly :D

PaleReflection

i can teach you
HSC
I think what annoys me most with Melrose is that she acts like such a good hearted and friendly person, especially in front of the judges, and then turns around to be such a bitch. Have you noticed that face, that over-exaggerated wide-eyed I-look-like-I'm-crazy smile she does?

I wasn't too upset about Megg. Her eyes never seemed to be open and I thought her photo this week was terrible. I definitely agree about AJ and Caridee, Caridee's photo this week especially was awesome.

Funny that Melrose said her biggest insecurity was that she felt old, then they turn around and give her the old-lady circus freak role. It reminds me of Season 4 when Keenyah was putting on weight towards the end and they made her up as an elephant.

HSC
N/A
hmm

I really don't like Melrose. But in comparison to bonafide bitches such as Jade, I think Melrose is the product of massive ego + lack of discipline + being surrounded by people who are constantly telling her she's awesome (hang on, this sounds like Jade's rap sheet :/ why am I somehow sticking up for Melrose even though I don't like her?). I can't decide whether she's just semi-bitch naturally, or whether she's kind of fake as well (that weird smile thing).

I would really like to see how she would react if told to her face that other people aren't interested in what she has to say. Oh and PaleReflection, so interesting what you said about the whole elephant/old lady thing... might be onto something there!

And I still miss Megg :( probably because she and AJ seem so different from any other girl who's been in the house. They both look so unusual and are so much more 'alternate' than your typical ANTM girl... I think it's fascinating! I wonder if they got along really well together. On a similar tangent, I still love AJ but wonder if her 'alternate' kind of look will bode well for the final rounds... I think she's gorgeous but not sure if she's got the fresh-eyed look most Covergirls seem to have (Caridee on the other hand, would be a perfect Covergirl model... I'm beginning to envisage AJ, Caridee and Melrose in the top three)

Brooke is sooooo cute. I think what Atooshka said about her was so true! "She's like one of my seventeen readers... she's so cute, I just want to put her on a cupcake!" haha! I think she'll do well outside of ANTM - I bet she's a really likeable girl in person.

It's what I want that's easy. It's getting it that
HSC
Oh My Lordy. that stupid Atooshka woman annoyed the hell outta me!

I was like 'oi! shut ur mouth' when they were judging Jaeda. Give her a break. She'd already had her say, and Jay had already told jaeda that she should be taking less direction. What a weirdo. she seemed waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to OTT for me.

Skeeta

HSC
Haha yeah she kinda went OTT with jaeda :/

Fuck tyra's makeup looked awful in the circus freak episode.. REALLY bad she looked like she was in drag!

I'm guessing that one of the twins will win - or caridee :uhhuh:

HSC
N/A
:(

Awwwwww I'm so sad. AJ's gone. I loved her muchly.

lol@ today. "Warm her up to you, Brooke!"
Brooke to Janice: "So what makes you so bitchy?"

it does look a lot like michelle, caridee and melrose in the top three. God I hope Caridee gets it (although michelle is lovely too) because if melrose wins, I will be pissed. I've never not like ANTM winners before, so the pattern had better not effing stop this cycle!

It's what I want that's easy. It's getting it that
HSC
this week i was pretty proud of melrose. She is still incredibly confident, but when you look at her work, the confidence is pretty warranted. She does everything perfectly

If she toned down the it's me-against-them mentality i think she could be really good.

But i still love caridee. I didnt really like michelle's picture this week...

They've pretty much got rid of all the really edgy ones now.

PaleReflection

i can teach you
HSC
I know, I thought Melrose's photo was soooooo good. I liked the Ellen/Portia one too (I still get the twins mixed up). I don't like Jaeda, she's way too manly.

Fabio next week!

deathbyprinter

motherlover
HSC
is it just me or does tyra put on weight between each episode?
her arms seem to get flabbier and flabbier. im not calling her fat..because i think she is beautiful but she used to be a lot skinnier.
brooke should win. she is the bomb.

PaleReflection

i can teach you
HSC
tyra has definitely put on weight. she's a lot fatter than she was a few years ago.

daledugahole

HSC
I thought Carridee was amazing this week. She looked so much like Angelina Jolie and she her movements were exactly like hers.

You could tell AJ's heart wasn't really in it this week. I think it would be really hard to do JLo and Marc Anthony though.

As much as I don't like Melrose her picture was awesome. You could tell straight away that it was Donald Trump and Melania.

HSC
N/A
and she proudly admits it :) She did retire from modelling, you know, and has been saying for ages that she's so happy she doesn't have to work out so hard anymore. (is a massive Tyra Fan ;))

I agree that Melrose is giving out the goods (I'm suprised she was the only one capable of interviewing well) but I still don't get her. She's not 100% total bitch, and yet she does have that it's-me-against-everyone attitude, yet at the same time she tries to get along with people (bitching in the spa, cooking for everyone first day) and yet everything she does, drives the people who are around her everyday, away from her.

I still think Brooke is really cute, but I just can't take her seriously as a high-fashion model... she's too bubbly and cute and commercial! lol

EDIT: agreed, Caridee and Melrose's pictures were awesome this week. And I think AJ is more of a niche model...although I also agree that Marc Antony and Jennifer Lopez were pretty hard (of all of them, I think she'd only have wanted/could do the Brad and Angelina one).

Last edited:
HSC
N/A
I would like to state for the record that I very much like Brooke as a person. She's adorable!

The question remains though - if things like her high school graduation were so important to her, why didn't she just wait another year before applying for ANTM?

I have this terrible fear that young Brooke was idealistic enough to want to try and do the whole romantic image of the young girl who "gave up her last year of high school" to become the winner of that cycle's ANTM. In reality, she also have up the opportunity to gain one more year of life and modelling experience... which I feel would have given her a bit more edge.

I felt sad seeing Brooke cry... she obviously really really wanted to be at her graduation. It's not like this is the last season of ANTM, it's not like she was going to disappear off the face of the earth after the application for this cycle was due... so why didn't she just wait another year, so that she could have had both the high school AND antm experience? :( I was feeling this through the entirety of tonight's episode.

Other comments: I'd dying to know whether the head of Elite Management thought Melrose was a bit fake. She certainly looked fake tonight at panel...

And why is Jaeda still going on about her hair? And about being "pretty"? This is why "pretty girls" can't model, dammit. Grr

Oh and Caridee's black and white shoot ROCKED!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)