Animal cruelty is the same as racism. (1 Viewer)

JClamp

Banned
HSC

dickiie: way to prove your naivety, eh? Animals still feel pain, they show a psychological awareness of their environment and hold relationships with others. Just cause we're more intellectually evolved does not mean we should therefore have every right to cause harm to other beings, you fucking speciesist. If anything, it means we should be much more aware and conscious of our actions and our sense of compassion. Do you have any pets? If so, how would you feel if the vet COULD painlessly euthanise it but instead painfully electrocuted it and scared it into submission then slit it's throat or shot it straight between the eyes? That's how a lot of abboitoires work, m'dear. Watch the link I posted then I'll listen to you. When you're informed.
i'm sure that if it were possible then we would euthanase cows. but it's a bit problematic when you're eating meat that's full of barbiturates and ketamine.

HSC
they do show responses to trauma though.
Of course they do. Animals feel fear, pain, anger, frustration, sadness. All of it.

My ex is doing psych @ UNSW and he had to watch a film about this scientist who put a monkey in a dark room for a year "just to see what happens." He also tied a female one up and basically let the males rape her "just to see how she reacts psychologically." Like, seriously he had to do these tests to know there'd be a negative reaction from the monkey?

HSC
i'm sure that if it were possible then we would euthanase cows. but it's a bit problematic when you're eating meat that's full of barbiturates and ketamine.
Yes, but scaring the shit out of them for lulz then slicing down their stomachs and hanging them upside down to bleed them then dunking them WHILE CONSCIOUS into boiling water to remove hair... isn't the most humane way we could do.

If any of you are Jewish - watch the Kosher part of that documentary.

JClamp

Banned
HSC
what animals do they do that to while conscious?

JClamp

Banned
HSC
I might also add that many abbotoir's (whatever) are adopting that humane leadup thingo or whatever it is that the animal psychologist lady came up with. idk. do a wiki search for abbotoir and i'm sure you'll find it.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
Yes, but scaring the shit out of them for lulz then slicing down their stomachs and hanging them upside down to bleed them then dunking them WHILE CONSCIOUS into boiling water to remove hair... isn't the most humane way we could do.

what the fuck are you talking about

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
yeah i'm really going to veg-tv.info for a fucking objective take on the meat industry you dickhead.

HSC
yeah i'm really going to veg-tv.info for a fucking objective take on the meat industry you dickhead.
it's a documentary narrated by Joaquin Phoenix about the animal produce industry. Everything from clothing to pets to food. It wasn't made by this site. It just somewhere you can watch it online.

They back up all their arguments with video footage. Obviously the site is biased but the documentary is honest. Brutally so.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
lol yeah, ok, honest.

what they do ok, is they take rare video footage of the most extreme cases of animal cruelty, and blanket apply it to the entire industry. okay, that's their backed up argument. they go to some shit hole, unregulated farm/third world country, get some footage of the most extreme cases you can think of and then exaggerate it to fit an agenda. and i guess because Joaquin "i am going to pretend i am crazy for the lulz" Phoenix narrates it, it makes it more credible :cool:

i know country people get called dumb, but fuck you city kids are fair gullible when it comes to understanding the agriculture industry.

you know what? re: monkey study thing, they've done equally cruel experiments on people.
Stanford prison experiment - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

or testing biological warfare

or when they used to separate twins in the 70s to do studies?

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
Do you recognise how idiotic it is to sit here and say
'lol omg i am never eating meat because this one time i watched a video and it was bad and therefore it must happen everywhere :spzz: '

like fair enough if you dont want to eat meat for whatever reason, but to perpetuate such idiocy as that video .. makes me angry

HSC
lol yeah, ok, honest.

what they do ok, is they take rare video footage of the most extreme cases of animal cruelty, and blanket apply it to the entire industry. okay, that's their backed up argument. they go to some shit hole, unregulated farm/third world country, get some footage of the most extreme cases you can think of and then exaggerate it to fit an agenda. and i guess because Joaquin "i am going to pretend i am crazy for the lulz" Phoenix narrates it, it makes it more credible :cool:

i know country people get called dumb, but fuck you city kids are fair gullible when it comes to understanding the agriculture industry.

you know what? re: monkey study thing, they've done equally cruel experiments on people.

its footage taken from various animal industries around the USA. I know not everywhere does it, but cause some do and I don't know which ones are - I choose not to eat it. Like I said, personal choice.

I've never been a big fan of meat anyway so works out well :)

Phoenix has been vegan since birth. His parents were massive hippies. Lol, hello they called their kids Leaf, River and Phoenix.

Just cause it doesn't happen everywhere, doesn't make it any less bad. It still happens, regardless.

As for the experiments on humans, yeah thats fucked up too.

Do you recognise how idiotic it is to sit here and say
'lol omg i am never eating meat because this one time i watched a video and it was bad and therefore it must happen everywhere :spzz: '

like fair enough if you dont want to eat meat for whatever reason, but to perpetuate such idiocy as that video .. makes me angry

lol, noo I was vego well before I saw that. Going on like 5 years now.

JClamp

Banned
HSC
lol yeah, ok, honest.

lol. if you disapprove, katie tully, then perhaps you should present some evidence to the contrary of what has been said hmmm?

katie tully, or should i say, CRUELTY TULLY!

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
Of course they do. Animals feel fear, pain, anger, frustration, sadness. All of it.

My ex is doing psych @ UNSW and he had to watch a film about this scientist who put a monkey in a dark room for a year "just to see what happens." He also tied a female one up and basically let the males rape her "just to see how she reacts psychologically." Like, seriously he had to do these tests to know there'd be a negative reaction from the monkey?
We have done worse things than that, the thing is, the really unethical stuff that probably wouldnt pass an ethics board today, it ends up being amongst the most useful and widely used research.

This guy did some little experiments on monkeys where he cut bits of their skin off and severed parts of their brain and spinal cord to see how they would react if they could still use, but couldnt feel their arms for instance. Or their legs, or one of each, or their whole body. He was demonized in the media and shut down, but the thing is....his research directly fuelled a number of drugs and treatments for stroke victims and people who are semi paralysed... i found it funny that whilst most of the world thinks this guy is satan, the stroke community basically uphold this guy as their lord and saviour.

The nazis also performed some horrible experiments on humans that theres no way in hell would have passed ethics board even back then. The thing is though, the only reason we know so much about hyopthermia, recovery, reviving "dead" people who decided to go cross country in the middle of the night at -35 degrees is because the nazis decided to throw some jews into freezing baths for the lulz and recorded what happened.

Laika_

Banned
HSC
um what

no abattoir i have ever been to cuts open/boils hair off animals while still alive lol

nail gun to the brain, hanging & bleeding/gutting etc then cutting and shit

or if for stupid muslims

cutting throat and bleeding, hanging & gutting/ cutting up

where did they even film that sort of stuff at

B_B_J

Banned
HSC
how the fuck is calling a negro a negro, a chinck a chinck, a coon a coon comparable to kicking the fuck out of a dog?

Marmalade.

HSC
N/A
What's the point of pampering something that wallows in its own filth who in the end provide us with that delicious bacon? There is no bloody point in giving farm animal rights. They're food for fuck's sake.

Human = having the human genome, bipedal, 2 arms, 2 legs, a large brain, has the basic shape of you.
Anything less than human deserves no rights.
This is the kind of attitude that makes me dislike people. Not only is it illogical, it's so fucking stupid. Animals feel pain just like us, and eating them is one thing, but to treat them like shit just to save a few dollars at the supermarket is disgusting.

Marmalade.

HSC
N/A

lol wtf, do you think that's comparable? Oh no, a person VOLUNTEERED to do an experiment that went further than expected and then it was cancelled early to avoid harm to the participants. I'm going to cry myself to sleep tonight thinking about those poor people. Meanwhile, animals around the world are being skinned alive for their fur.

JonathanM

Antagonist
HSC
What the documentary shows isn't actually what happens with Kosher slaughter. The narrator was saying how the guy who was killing the cow was making several infractions of 'kashrut' law in the process.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)