• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Any Asian girls whose parents are against them dating "Westerners"? (2 Viewers)

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Jago said:
hai, i speak shanghainese as well!!!

Edit: hay AsyLum, leader of the small penii!!!
small penis as well! i saw when u showa!

Li0n

spiKu
HSC
well im azn, and my parentz dun mind me datin, i have (---) every dai with hot engineering shangies at unsw
lolz

what971

Now in Oriental Flavour!
HSC
N/A
This thread = Hijacked by Asian-hating Asians.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
You mean if they use the left hand or the right....right?! :eek:

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Bendent said:
yes that's my preference. i can find an asian guy who can love the person i am, acknowledge my background and is interested in our culture which are more than many in this world.
"Our culture"?
Are you Australian??

This topic will never resolve itself...all I can say is - why bother emigrating here, raising your kids in Australia if you want them to marry/date other Asians/Chinese/whatever? How about stay in your country, thus ensuring your kids marry people of the same "culture". Stupid parents raise their kids here thinking it's exactly the same as back home, except the problem is that their kids go through Aussie schooling, and hence grow up as Australians. Sure, the kids will respect their parents culture, but they should be able to follow their own culture, the culture they grew up with.

RiCkiE

HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
Why do people even really care about someone's ethnicity? I don't mean this as another PC rant but more just to say that I don't care much at all if someone says they associate with culture x,y,z. I don't like people in the first place that let their ethnicity dictate how they must act. Sure, people from different cultures will have different aspects to them, I think that makes friendships a bit more exciting in a way, but this idea that your ethnicty is something which makes up a large portion of your being just pisses me off. If you're an aussie you don't have to love cricket, beer, if you're an indian/pakistani you don't need to love cricket either, if you're lebanese you don't need to drive a done up car with a loud exhaust etc...

Sure, a part of all that may be some of your identity, but to me, I just see way too many people clinging on to whatever stereotype they can find because it makes being accepted alot easier.
I totally agree with this guy and minai. It's stupid to think that because of a person's background they fit into personality "moulds".

Last edited:

what971

Now in Oriental Flavour!
HSC
N/A
Agrees with the Minai.

Last edited:

lengy

HSC
Bendent said:
yes that's my preference. i can find an asian guy who can love the person i am, acknowledge my background and is interested in our culture which are more than many in this world.
I don't think you get the point of my question. Will you choose an abusive, gambling, unfaithful 'Asian' over a romantic, charming, faithful 'Westerner'?

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
lengy said:
I don't think you get the point of my question. Will you choose an abusive, gambling, unfaithful 'Asian' over a romantic, charming, faithful 'Westerner'?
The dude with the bigger penis obviously

Cykologi_gal

Psyche...
HSC
Ha, I don't hate Asians, but I'd hate to have one for a husband...but I'm only 18.

What I meant by "I want someone who have seen the world like I have" is that I've been here for 10 years and through this, I think I've been too westernized at times, too accepting (kind of ironic here), too liberal, so much so that I don't think I can't stand those Chinese guys back on the mainland. Mum kind of wants me to go back there and for further study...as if!!!

I don't hate Asian guys, in fact, I think Chinese guys will make good husbands...but if I meet someone who hasn't ever gone overseas etc, then I wouldn't consider him, because I'd think that he'd be narrow-minded and traditional, unless he too, has been westernized a bit on the mainland.

I don't think the Asian and Western lifestyles are at all different. I'd take a caring, romantic, considerate Westerner over a frigid, too-practical Asian anyday...

THAT'S IT!!! - Some soul-searching has been done! I'm narrow-minded too, man...here's what I've been afraid of. I'm a romantic and because of that, I'm afraid that Asian's are all frigid and unromantic. That's a stereotypical view, isn't it?! But I can't shake it off. The Chinese/Asians that I've seen are all kind of sloppy in their dress sense, laid back, nerdy + excellent grades as well, which for one, makes me jealous. Another reason is that I just want to break away, that's not to say that I hate the culture, just that I find it too rigid and I can't stand the traditional aspects anymore. I don't want to partner up with another Asian and give my kids another set of Asian parents, I've personally had a difficult time growing up, with homework, threats of cancellations of going-outs, no partying unless grades are 90% etc etc, Freud would have something good to say here.

...but I'm only 18. lol.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Just get a korean, they all love dramas

RiCkiE

HSC
Cykologi_gal said:
Ha, I don't hate Asians, but I'd hate to have one for a husband...but I'm only 18.

What I meant by "I want someone who have seen the world like I have" is that I've been here for 10 years and through this, I think I've been too westernized at times, too accepting (kind of ironic here), too liberal, so much so that I don't think I can't stand those Chinese guys back on the mainland. Mum kind of wants me to go back there and for further study...as if!!!

I don't hate Asian guys, in fact, I think Chinese guys will make good husbands...but if I meet someone who hasn't ever gone overseas etc, then I wouldn't consider him, because I'd think that he'd be narrow-minded and traditional, unless he too, has been westernized a bit on the mainland.

I don't think the Asian and Western lifestyles are at all different. I'd take a caring, romantic, considerate Westerner over a frigid, too-practical Asian anyday...

THAT'S IT!!! - Some soul-searching has been done! I'm narrow-minded too, man...here's what I've been afraid of. I'm a romantic and because of that, I'm afraid that Asian's are all frigid and unromantic. That's a stereotypical view, isn't it?! But I can't shake it off. The Chinese/Asians that I've seen are all kind of sloppy in their dress sense, laid back, nerdy + excellent grades as well, which for one, makes me jealous. Another reason is that I just want to break away, that's not to say that I hate the culture, just that I find it too rigid and I can't stand the traditional aspects anymore. I don't want to partner up with another Asian and give my kids another set of Asian parents, I've personally had a difficult time growing up, with homework, threats of cancellations of going-outs, no partying unless grades are 90% etc etc, Freud would have something good to say here.

...but I'm only 18. lol.
I actually agree with you a bit there :p the whole "Obey me or die thing" most asian parents have is fucked up. And wait so are you talking about the actual asians as in people who live in asia or asians who live in australia...because you keep talking about the mainland.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)