Are people in the northern and eastern suburbs big time snobs? (1 Viewer)

parawhoree

HSC
imho.

yes, yes they are.

In a generalist way I believe that people from the eastern suburbs and on the north shore believe that us "westies" aren't as "well-off" as them, it is simply a fact that we just dont like being in debt and using money that isn't ours.

lolwth

Banned
HSC
no, generally people in the eastern and north shore area earn more money

you fucking moron

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
to society? they owe them to the bank. your comment is retarded. the wealthy people in the east can afford houses with a mortgage. if you are really wealthy, you would most likely move from the west to east/north.

lolwth

Banned
HSC
thats totally why they all have extremely large debts to society?

you are really quite terrible, you should go and slit your wrists and hang yourself from a nearby tree.
fuck me dead

they are more affluent because they earn more money

what abou that is so hard to understand?

anom1ly

HSC
l

I thought someone who lives in Kirribilli or anywhere of greater socioeconomic status would be able to spell and use correct standard grammar more than those of in areas of lower status.
your quite astute uncle. but when communicating with the lower people of society, i purposely dumb down my grammar so i dont stand out.
the other thing is that when you talk with proper grammar and spelling etc. people will start to point out small mistakes if they dont like you in an attempt to frustrate you.

anom1ly

HSC
i didn't think your kind are allowed north of the bridge... i am north of the bridge and we certaintly do not tolerate your kind kindly where i am from.
north of the bridge you say? you sound more like your from penrith.

benhaddad

HSC
i never subscribed to the whole "you're from x there fore you are x" bullshit.

you will find good and bad people everywhere.

stick with the people you fit in with.

jeshxcore

Premium Member :)
HSC
i go to school on the north shore, and live on the north shore.
i go to a public school.
not everyone is a snob.

Sultun

Banned
HSC
N/A
Re: Are people in the northern and eastern suburbs big time snobs?

yes even if east suburbs or not see post below for grate justce.
and how to you plan on making those that you do not find 'acceptable' go away....this coupled with you those nazi references you used to bandier around is a very bigoted thing to say. Bigot.

Nasonex

HSC
N/A
I'm from St Leonards, and yes fuck off Westies:shoot:

Proud to be North Shore, we're just simple better than you guys - sometimes the truth hurts...

ascentyx

HSC

Examples of the wording of the cards in the ‘Centelink Benefits’ Pile:

• You discover you are 1/512th Aboriginal. Collect $50 from each player.
• You made it out of MT Druitt without being rolled nor impregnated. Consider yourself lucky.
• You have placed second last in a beauty pageant. Pay $15 to each player.
• Find some incriminating photos of a Police Occifer. Keep this card to blackmail your way out of the slammer.
• You took a massive hit last night. Wake up on dole day. Advance to Centrelink and collect your $200 bludge money
• Dodgy tax return comes through, collect $20
• 6 of your 15 children have lead poisoning from licking the outhouse walls. Pay $100 in the medicare gap.
• You find you qualify for free child for your 16 year old. Collect a refund of $20.
• Your 13 year old daughter is pregnant. Again. Collect $100 baby bonus.

Examples of the wording of the cards in the ‘Yesh Occifer?’ Pile:

• The police have found 4.1kg cannabis in a boogie board bag on your property. Go to gaol and remain there for the next 20 turns.
• The brake light on your Conformadore is out, go back to the last train station.
• 140km/h in a school zone, slap on the wrist and $50 fine.
• Your Gemini is too low to go over the wombat crossing. $100 for a new fart can exhaust.
• Your doof doof attracts the cops while doing happy laps around the plaza. Cortina defected. Pay $80
• You are wrongfully imprisoned on drug charges. Collect $100 to keep it on the hush hush.
• You find yourself the CEO of HIH insurance through some dodgy pyramid selling party plan. Go to gaol, go directly to gaol, Centrelink has been notified and your payments have been frozen.
• Your six year old son has dropped out of school for beating up a teacher. Advance to Cobham to pick him up. Do not pass Go.

Tokens:

1. Food stamp
2. Holden Gemini
3. NRL ball
4. Mini bike
5. Beanie
6. Spray can
7. Hubcap

Special Cards:
There are some special cards in this version of monopoly taking over from the old utilities. These are the special rules for each of them.

Telstra Privatisation – When you buy Telstra, you move to privatise it. You must roll a die as soon as you purchase it. The number shown on the die indicated how many turns you must skip as the share price stabilises.
• Collect $20 if anyone lands on a square either side of this square, as you own all the cables.
• Collect $50 if anyone lands on the Telstra square, cause you can.
• Collect $500 if you own both utilities, because you control their water and have the power to cut their calls for help. Monopoly Rules.
You may sell this card at anytime for a drastically deflated price.

Sydney Water – Congratulations! You have just purchased a substantial hole in the ground, less than half full with water. Each player, including the owner must pay to centre of the board $100 to keep Sydney water economically viable as a private business.
• If anybody lands on your square, fine them $120 for watering on a non-watering day.
• If you own both utilities, so what?
You may sell this card back to the government… or another player, but don’t kid yourself, no one wants it.

Train stations – Rent as follows:
$10 if one owned, $25 if two owned $45 if three owned and $70 if four owned. Poor investment, however charging for poor service is not something that a government agency should do.
You may not sell stations, nobody wants them.
Properties consist of three building types. Demountable, unit and Department of Housing flats.
To gain one Department of Housing block of flats, you must have four units and to have make as estate suitable for units, you must purchase two demountables. Demountables and units may only be purchased one at a time, as there is no way credit ratings in your area will allow the purchase of multiple properties at once.
Each property affects the rent for each estate, just like real monopoly and each rent configuration will be printed on the back of the mortgage cards.

Crestwood's_G

In Elegance
HSC
me and my friends go to school just outside the CBD and we think we're better than everybody else. but its not without reason.

out in the western suburbs people drive crappy cars, and the domestic violence and divorce rate is higher.

while western suburbs kids hang out in maccas car parks, we're more civilized and go to a cafe.

our hsc marks are generally higher, and we dress neatly.

people in the city may be snobs from the perspective of someone from the western suburbs, but that kind of attitude is only because of jealousy. all people view their superiors with envy, and make up criticisms to make themselves feel better.

as long as your a civilized person you'll fit in well in my area.
top 10 HSC schools 2008:

1.James Ruse Agricultural High School 110 834 75.14
2.Baulkham Hills High School 1220 651 53.36

3.North Sydney Girls High School 1039 550 52.94
4.Sydney Girls High School 1011 499 49.36
5.Hornsby Girls High School 718 336 46.8
6.North Sydney Boys High School 974 443 45.48
7.Sydney Boys High School 1287 576 44.76
8.Sydney Grammar School 1229 543 44.18
9.SCEGGS Darlinghurst 628 277 44.11
10.St George Girls High School Kogarah 942 410 43.52

196.Crestwood High School 671 56 8.35 woo! first time my school made the top 200...but hsc doesnt mean that you are intelligent...

lala2

Banned
HSC
I live on the North Shore and no-one would call me snobby. I actually hate to tell people where I live because in pharmacy 99% of people come from the western suburbs and I don't wanna sound like a snob. Ok, maybe not 99%, but I can only think of about 10 people out of 220 who come from North Shore and out of those only myself and two other girls are private school educated. I do a pretty good job I think--most people can't tell which part of Sydney I'm from if I don't tell them.

There are snobs everywhere you go. What about the full westie pride thing? That's a kind of snobbery in itself I think. For the record, the few Eastern Suburbs people I've met seem more snobby. Or, even worse, people from the Shire. They think they're the greatest thing ever and I'm like, if you wanna say that, you might as well come live on up in our area--we're richer and more culturally accepting.

Crestwood's_G

In Elegance
HSC
Lol yes. Presuming your talking about The Hills Shire.

The funniest part is some of them probably don't realise they are living in the western suburbs. Hills Shire isnt even so great. They have no train station, the shopping centres aren't comparable to other local ones, not much local employment oppurtunities, closest university is UWS and they pay quite high prices for their relatively small houses considerig those facts.

Ofcourse like everywhere there are people who are good and bad, majority of people I know from Hills Shire are not like you explained.
fuck off

lala2

Banned
HSC
Lol yes. Presuming your talking about The Hills Shire.

The funniest part is some of them probably don't realise they are living in the western suburbs. Hills Shire isnt even so great. They have no train station, the shopping centres aren't comparable to other local ones, not much local employment oppurtunities, closest university is UWS and they pay quite high prices for their relatively small houses considerig those facts.

Ofcourse like everywhere there are people who are good and bad, majority of people I know from Hills Shire are not like you explained.
lol no I was talking about Sutherland Shire. Hills people are cool too--plenty of my family friends live there.

2sXc4yU

Banned
HSC
i am from the eastern suburbs and i am not a snob
st scholasticas is a school for losers though. they mostly get shit ATARs below 90
i, however, will be getting above 99

Mesitosis

HSC
N/A
i am from the eastern suburbs and i am not a snob
st scholasticas is a school for losers though. they mostly get shit ATARs below 90
i, however, will be getting above 99
Because that doesn't sound snobbish

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)