Are there English Advanced students who do not enjoy English? (2 Viewers)

rinc

HSC
I used to like it but we got this awful subsititute for a whole term and now i absolutely HATE IT.
I'm also coming first in both Adv and Ext.
its sooooooo terrible. Yes, Extension is definitely better but i still dont really like it.
hate hate hate adv. its first period tomorrow too..:mad1:

Fish Tank

That guy
HSC
I do advanced and I hate english. Did it only for Shakespeare (Hamlet in yr 12, woot!). I went into this year disliking it, and now I absolutely hate the whole concept of English. i know how to spell, I know how to speak, and I know how to write an essay (every subject makes you do them).

If someone likes English, then they should enjoy it. They shouldn't have to put up with mathematical kids who only use letters for algebra and bring marks down. Namely me :p

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
I do advanced and I hate english. Did it only for Shakespeare (Hamlet in yr 12, woot!). I went into this year disliking it, and now I absolutely hate the whole concept of English. i know how to spell, I know how to speak, and I know how to write an essay (every subject makes you do them).

If someone likes English, then they should enjoy it. They shouldn't have to put up with mathematical kids who only use letters for algebra and bring marks down. Namely me :p
LOL :rofl:

I agree xD, but im getting better at English since im trying now, and it's getting easier.

clintmyster

Prophet 9 FTW
HSC
Uni Grad
idm english but i enjoy it occassionally cos its ones of those subs you just bludge all yr long until the week before the exam.

astroe

HSC
There are definitely students out there who dislike it, but I'm not one of them. :haha:
Clearly, if you're not doing so well mark wise, it may be because of your disinterest in the work.
One case is a person that I know who hasn't turned up to the majority of their assessments and it on a Band 2/3 right now.

gcchick

Come at me bro
HSC
Uni Grad
I did Advanced English and absolutely hated it. I had a C-average throughout Year 10 then managed to get 91 in my SC so the Head of English decided to put me into Advanced even though I wanted to do Standard. Bad idea. Was death.

TheStallion

HSC
idm english but i enjoy it occassionally cos its ones of those subs you just bludge all yr long until the week before the exam.
You speak truth. +1.

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
I did Advanced English and absolutely hated it. I had a C-average throughout Year 10 then managed to get 91 in my SC so the Head of English decided to put me into Advanced even though I wanted to do Standard. Bad idea. Was death.
I do Standard English and I absolutely hate it. I had a C average throughout Year 10 and then managed to get 87 in my SC (which was above 85% of the Advanced kids) so the Head Teacher decided to give me a chance to gain a position in Advanced. I did the same half yearly as the Advanced kids, managing to hammer 80% of the Advanced students. The head teacher said that beating 80% of the Advanced kids aint good enough, so I was made to continue with Standard English. Bad idea. This is death for me.

Sarebs

HSC
I have a love hate relationship with English. Love Hamlet, hate everything else. It was expected of me to do Advanced.

But I have a maths brain so that's why I dislike most things that don't have a defined, correct answer (Ancient History, Art), but sometimes it means you can BS your way through.

Fish Tank

That guy
HSC
I have a love hate relationship with English. Love Hamlet, hate everything else. It was expected of me to do Advanced.

But I have a maths brain so that's why I dislike most things that don't have a defined, correct answer (Ancient History, Art), but sometimes it means you can BS your way through.
You speak truth.

iiinsane02

HSC
English Extension is definitely way better than Advanced! I like the Advanced AOS though...maybe it's because I enjoyed reading my prescribed text heaps (Amy Tan's The Joy Luck Club)

Guesss

HSC
Eww dislike English Adv. ! We have a represenation task atm which isnt too bad, but exams are coming up..ewwww! :(

Xcelz

HSC
in yr 12 now and doing English Advanced. it has been the most unenjoyable subject that i have done for the last 2 yrs.

rinc

HSC
This used to be how it was and i didnt mind it either. Now i have some screwed up teacher who gives us 1300 word essays that are worth nothing every 2 or so weeks and lots of other little class tasks. it's disgusting.

OXYGIN

HSC
although the word isnt too overly hard i still hate english.

worst lesson i have

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)