are you dropping (1 Viewer)

Answer


  • Total voters
    64

Schoey93

Member
Joined
Sep 29, 2007
Messages
988
Location
Western Sydney
Gender
Male
HSC
2011
shaon0 said:
I have to speak to my maths teachers (even though everyone on BoS suggests i take it)after the next test to see whether or not i should take MX2.
MX2 ...omg you must have been...dropped on your head as a baby! :D I AM joking! Anyhow, 4 units - 16 periods - of Maths a fortnight...I think I would be slitting my wrists by the end of it to escape all that agony. Jks, I'm not an EMO. :D

Yeah...I am in Yr 9 ADVANCED MATHS (top class, Stage 5.3).

However, I absolutely hate Maths (with a passion) but I simply do my homework as I'm a "goody-two shoes", as Porche put it (friend that goes to my school).

Yep. I'm dropping down to General from the top Year 10 class when I choose subjects nxt yr.

If my dad lets me...he knows that I'm good at Maths and when I tell him my subject choices in May 2009...he's gonna stare at the A4 sheet of paper and say...


"Oh, James, I thought you were going to do 2U (Advanced) Maths..."

Then I'll be put on a guilt trip and hopefully I won't cave in to my dad's wishes (my dad's a CPA and he's really good at Maths) ...he has his own accounting business.
So - General Maths for me in Yr 11 - and I will officially be dropping Maths in Year 12 - dropped altogether! Ah...the joys of not doing non-practical Maths every single day of the school yr...I feel light as a feather...2011...NO MATHS...Year 12...

HERE I COME lolz :D
 

Continuum

I'm squishy
Joined
Sep 13, 2007
Messages
1,106
Gender
Male
HSC
2009
Schoey93 said:
MX2 ...omg you must have been...dropped on your head as a baby! :D I AM joking! Anyhow, 4 units - 16 periods - of Maths a fortnight...I think I would be slitting my wrists by the end of it to escape all that agony. Jks, I'm not an EMO. :D

Yeah...I am in Yr 9 ADVANCED MATHS (top class, Stage 5.3).

However, I absolutely hate Maths (with a passion) but I simply do my homework as I'm a "goody-two shoes", as Porche put it (friend that goes to my school).

Yep. I'm dropping down to General from the top Year 10 class when I choose subjects nxt yr.

If my dad lets me...he knows that I'm good at Maths and when I tell him my subject choices in May 2009...he's gonna stare at the A4 sheet of paper and say...


"Oh, James, I thought you were going to do 2U (Advanced) Maths..."

Then I'll be put on a guilt trip and hopefully I won't cave in to my dad's wishes (my dad's a CPA and he's really good at Maths) ...he has his own accounting business.
So - General Maths for me in Yr 11 - and I will officially be dropping Maths in Year 12 - dropped altogether! Ah...the joys of not doing non-practical Maths every single day of the school yr...I feel light as a feather...2011...NO MATHS...Year 12...

HERE I COME lolz :D
When the time comes, I don't think you'll do it, but meh...
 

Aerath

Retired
Joined
May 10, 2007
Messages
10,180
Gender
Undisclosed
HSC
N/A
ikDG said:
Well, my ranks weren't too good.

For math ext. i got in the 90s yet my rank was in the 50s
and for math adv. i got i got in the 90s as well.. and my rank was in the 90s

But the exam was pretty easy, that's why i'm a bit worried .. I don't exactly know the expectations of a 4u math class..

Got ranked in the 90s for ext eng.
Well, ranked 50th and 90th out of how many? We can't really use that as a comparison, unless we know how many are in the cohort. Also, it might be a bit useful to know your school, too.
 

cghsjiwon

New Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2008
Messages
13
Location
Sydney
Gender
Female
HSC
2009
dropping music and economics for defs !
cannnott handle it :(
AND im planning on taking up extension jap
-> standard english, maths ext1, jap ext, chem !

ppl, i was wondering. issit really that bad to be doing 10 units?
cuz most ppl say its such a dangerous choice....... hmph
 

bored of sc

Active Member
Joined
Nov 10, 2007
Messages
2,323
Gender
Male
HSC
2009
cghsjiwon said:
dropping music and economics for defs !
cannnott handle it :(
AND im planning on taking up extension jap
-> standard english, maths ext1, jap ext, chem !

ppl, i was wondering. issit really that bad to be doing 10 units?
cuz most ppl say its such a dangerous choice....... hmph
If you go well at all 10 units it's definitely worth doing it.
 

Continuum

I'm squishy
Joined
Sep 13, 2007
Messages
1,106
Gender
Male
HSC
2009
cghsjiwon said:
dropping music and economics for defs !
cannnott handle it :(
AND im planning on taking up extension jap
-> standard english, maths ext1, jap ext, chem !

ppl, i was wondering. issit really that bad to be doing 10 units?
cuz most ppl say its such a dangerous choice....... hmph
Depends on whether or not you're confident that you can do well in every subject. I'm at risk of having to take 10 units as well, but I really want to do either 11 or 12 units, simply because it takes alot of pressure off since you have that little 'safety net' to fall into.
 

lyounamu

Reborn
Joined
Oct 28, 2007
Messages
10,039
Gender
Male
HSC
N/A
cghsjiwon said:
dropping music and economics for defs !
cannnott handle it :(
AND im planning on taking up extension jap
-> standard english, maths ext1, jap ext, chem !

ppl, i was wondering. issit really that bad to be doing 10 units?
cuz most ppl say its such a dangerous choice....... hmph
that's okay, I reckon. I will either end up having 13 or 15 units though. I would personally like more than 10 units.
 

Aerath

Retired
Joined
May 10, 2007
Messages
10,180
Gender
Undisclosed
HSC
N/A
cghsjiwon said:
dropping music and economics for defs !
cannnott handle it :(
AND im planning on taking up extension jap
-> standard english, maths ext1, jap ext, chem !

ppl, i was wondering. issit really that bad to be doing 10 units?
cuz most ppl say its such a dangerous choice....... hmph
If you can do well in all 10 Units, then go for it. :)
 

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
Joined
Aug 4, 2007
Messages
2,053
Location
Study Desk
Gender
Female
HSC
2009
cghsjiwon said:
dropping music and economics for defs !
cannnott handle it :(
AND im planning on taking up extension jap
-> standard english, maths ext1, jap ext, chem !

ppl, i was wondering. issit really that bad to be doing 10 units?
cuz most ppl say its such a dangerous choice....... hmph
I'd do that but I don't want 13 Units.
 

sheena.g

New Member
Joined
May 23, 2008
Messages
8
Gender
Female
HSC
2009
Dropping Ext 1 maths (yayyy!) and thinking of picking up Ext 2 english
 

jazzbaby

Member
Joined
Sep 13, 2007
Messages
398
Gender
Undisclosed
HSC
2005
i am dropping cafs and picking up english ext 2. i was also considering dropping IPT as well but then i thought its better to have back up in case i dont do as well as i expected in english.
 

Scinery

Member
Joined
Dec 15, 2007
Messages
279
Gender
Male
HSC
2009
Dropping drama which is mean of me (because theres 6 people in the class atm) but i cant take 2 practical subjects... but its okay because my teacher expects me to drop it anyway....assuming that my *curry parents* dont approve :p

picking up extension history. :D:D
 

beve

Jesus
Joined
May 4, 2008
Messages
307
Location
Blayney
Gender
Male
HSC
2009
Dropping Music 1 & Extension Maths.

Picking up Extension 2 English & History Extension.

Or am I not wise to opt towards 2 courses entailing major works?
 

Scinery

Member
Joined
Dec 15, 2007
Messages
279
Gender
Male
HSC
2009
beve said:
Dropping Music 1 & Extension Maths.

Picking up Extension 2 English & History Extension.

Or am I not wise to opt towards 2 courses entailing major works?
If your not one to procrastinate, then feel free. im dropping drama because i know i wont be able to handle both. Also your obviously motivated to do both and its been done before..so go for it
 

Sayangliss

Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2008
Messages
90
Gender
Female
HSC
2009
As much as I enjoy drama, I'm gonna drop that to make room for Ext.2 math and english . So a total of 12units for me, only because drama seems like so much dedication. =[
 

beve

Jesus
Joined
May 4, 2008
Messages
307
Location
Blayney
Gender
Male
HSC
2009
Scinery said:
If your not one to procrastinate, then feel free. im dropping drama because i know i wont be able to handle both. Also your obviously motivated to do both and its been done before..so go for it
Oh I do have a tendency toward procrastination; but much moreso when it comes to Math than English.

So I think I'm safeish.
 

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
Joined
Dec 7, 2006
Messages
1,492
Location
Jervis Bay, N.S.W.
Gender
Male
HSC
2009
I don't know whether to drop maths or FT now, I know i'll go really well in FT and ok in MAths so they'll both equal out to a band 4 with scaling. My UNI course and UNI say I don;t need math but i think i might just frop down to general. Oh and my tafe course shall be running next year YAY
 
Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top