are you dropping (1 Viewer)

Answer

• Total voters

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
at the moment i believe so...

until *dramatic sting* da da daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.........

i don't know how to finish the sentence

bettina44

HSC
i'd probably drop dt-major project and physics-am crap at it on the proviso i take up maths ext 2 and do ok in it

blackglitter

HSC
marcquelle said:
at the moment i believe so...

until *dramatic sting* da da daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.........

i don't know how to finish the sentence
Until da day of ummm....non-distractioness? Ok. definitely not a word

Aplus

HSC
N/A
lyounamu said:
That's better than my parents. I constantly get verbal abuses from my parents (especially my mum). She is making a ridiculous comparison between I and some random Korean guy who got 99+ UAI. She is commenting on how he got into Selective High School and got that awesome UAI. On the other hand, I get occasionally teased purely because I do not attend Selective High School. (I didn't have any opportunity in the first place)

She is acting as if she will be surprised if I get over 70 UAI. I don't like being treated like a academically retarded kid. And she keeps making decisions on my subjects and my overall academic life. It sucks to be myself.

Good ranks at my school apparently does not mean anything to my parents...
That's uncalled for :mad:

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
i really don't see why some of your parents have faith in you, to me it appears that they are living vicariously through you

blackglitter

HSC
marcquelle said:
i really don't see why some of your parents have faith in you, to me it appears that they are living vicariously through you
This is a long shot, and i'm not saying what they do is in anyway good, but maybe they're preparing themselves so that there is no possible way you can disappoint them? And so whatever your UAI, they'll be over the moon because they expected you to become a hobo. Highly unlikely but hey.

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
blackglitter said:
This is a long shot, and i'm not saying what they do is in anyway good, but maybe they're preparing themselves so that there is no possible way you can disappoint them? And so whatever your UAI, they'll be over the moon because they expected you to become a hobo. Highly unlikely but hey.
Yay! i like that idea better sounds some more fallaic

Aplus

HSC
N/A
kaz1 said:
lol.

I don't think Asian parents will discourage you from doing 4 unit maths (assuming your parents are asian) cause they'll think the maths in Australia is finally coming up to standard to the maths in their home country.
lol,
"Polynomial division?" WTF we did that in Year 4-5"

blackglitter

HSC
Aplus said:
lol,
"Polynomial division?" WTF we did that in Year 4-5"
LOL! i know what you mean. My cousin (when i went overseas) asked me for help on his maths homework (he's about 4 years younger than me) and it was stuff I was starting to learn and he knew more than me T.T A tad embarassing especially after he felt the need to point out to everyone that he was soo much smarter than I'd ever be

Continuum

I'm squishy
HSC
lyounamu said:
That's better than my parents. I constantly get verbal abuses from my parents (especially my mum). She is making a ridiculous comparison between I and some random Korean guy who got 99+ UAI. She is commenting on how he got into Selective High School and got that awesome UAI. On the other hand, I get occasionally teased purely because I do not attend Selective High School. (I didn't have any opportunity in the first place)

She is acting as if she will be surprised if I get over 70 UAI. I don't like being treated like a academically retarded kid. And she keeps making decisions on my subjects and my overall academic life. It sucks to be myself.

Good ranks at my school apparently does not mean anything to my parents...
Ouch... harsh... just ignore it. :eek:

Also, I think you'd own whether you're in a selective school or not, if that counts for anything. :uhhuh:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)