Australian Politics (1 Viewer)

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Conroy's very brave :eek:
Muslim's a ditz
Andrew Bolt is probably the most clever guy there. There IS a lack of moral seriousness!

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Boltin for it!
Where are the Boodhistsss!?

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
I leave that satisfied by Conroy's defence and impressed with Bolt

Tonthat

HSC
That mash-up was among the worst Q&A has had.
And they're almost always shit.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
true thaaaa

wonder whatever happened to hugh

at any rate, such videos, even if they are done well, are not best viewed at the end of a tv program

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
I dont like this plain high-school-debate bitch

Though I may

Tonthat

HSC
btw parlabane, there's an Israeli film on sbs. It's about arabs and israelis loving each other. coz I know you love that kind of shit.

Lentern

HSC
Bolt exceded my expectations, he's learnt alot from his last appearance with his interrupting, dismissive smirk and patronising chortle. He seemed alot moe measured and was probably he whom I could most tolerate of the hacks on there. Felt it was quite mean of Tony to deny Bolt a reply when the guy practically accused him of inciting hatred and stirring the pot. I'd really enjoy a good debate between Bolt and Marr, and not one of those stupid insiders debates where they just indulge in their own pompous egotism.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Duuuuuuuuuuude

Just, like, open word and run your posts through that before submitting, yeh???

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
That was so shit. All the opponents of filtering looked like barely comprehensible, batshit libertarians. That publishing broad was fucking shit, and all the internet nerds were pathetic. "1984 was supposed to be a cautionary tale, not an instruction manual", and that anonymous tool, made the opposition look like dickheads. Conroy and Bolt walked all over them.

There were obvious questions, screaming out to be asked. Conroy kept saying "we are interested in blocking child abuse, incest, rape resources". Why didn't anyone ask him to guarantee this is all he would be filtering?

It's not. Far from it.

He kept saying they would only be blocking "material that would normally be refused classification". This obviously leads into a broader debate, is the current censorship regime, where all x-rated material (X-rated is anything showing penetration, such as 95% of the material you'd find in any adult shop in Australia.) is illegal to view or distribute, really appropriate?

He's hiding behind the fact this material would be refused classification in Australia, when there's an obvious problem that a lot of this material shouldn't be refused classification in the first place, the existing classification system is a joke.

I don't think the panelists, or many people in the community, really understand what censorship laws are existent in Australia.

Lentern

HSC
Duuuuuuuuuuude

Just, like, open word and run your posts through that before submitting, yeh???
You still don't know what I was getting at before do you? About the apostrophe? Dear oh dear oh dear.

And after a re-read there is only one word in that thing which I did not. Plenty of odd stuff in it, but not unintentional.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Conclusion: Lentern is a Chineeese, very long time

badquinton304

HSC
Usually there are 2 smart ones on the panel, while Bolt was the best on that panel, I would still say that this was the worst panel, the girl with the sparkly blue cloth on her head had her mouth running while her brain was switched off. The other female was a pure anachist idealist with no ability to answer a counter point. The shadow environment minister had that brendan nelson/ nathan rees aura of hopelessness, which was to a lesser extent shared by conroy who at times appeared rattled.

Hopefully next weeks panel will be better. There is Tanya Plibersek, George Brandis, an economist, a homosexual and the president of the young liberals.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)