• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Australia's qualification to the World Cup (Analysis) (2 Viewers)

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
who cares who cares who caressssssssssss

our divine right came calling

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
I thought Vidmar played great. There was an aura of " yeah this is my time to shine " feel about him. go you good tthings.

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
have the urguayans gone home yet?

not trying to be nasty, but what happened to them after the final penalty?

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
ahhhwellls
Uruguay coach JORGE FOSSATI said:
"I feel great pain, I am at the lowest moment in my sporting life today."

HSC
That's pretty slack.

He says it as if Australia is the shittest team in the world, as if they had just lost to an under-12s team or something.

I mean, we're not 'up there' as of yet, but we're alright.

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
he cant accept the fact we OUTPLAYED uruguay...i.e. the team he's supposedly in charge of

which makes him feel bad, because his team lost

stazi

Nightman
HSC
The Uruguayan coach is shit. What happened to their counterattack style of football that has won them so many games? That went out the door in favour of a defensive style.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Hahahha I'm glad I didn't do this after Australia qualified:

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_1611970.html?menu=

A Welsh rugby fan has spoken out about how he hacked off his own testicles after his team beat England.

Geoffrey Huish, 31, took an agonising ten minutes to perform the op using a pair of blunt wire cutters, says the Sun.

Then he put his severed parts in a blue plastic bag and staggered to a social club to tell fellow Wales fans what he'd done.

Jobless Geoffrey finally collapsed with blood pouring from his groin as horrified drinkers put his testicles in a pint glass of ice.

They were handed to paramedics who rushed him to hospital - but surgeons could not sew them back.

Geoffrey, of Senghenydd, spent several months in a psychiatric unit as experts tried to fathom his actions.

He said: “I’d told my pal Gethin Probert before the game that Wales didn’t stand a chance. It wasn’t a bet, but I said I’d cut my balls off if we won...

“So I started hacking away at my tackle. It took about ten minutes and there was quite a lot of pain — but I just kept going.

“The cutters were blunt so I had to keep snipping. I cut my penis as well. There was a lot of blood but not as much as you would expect.”

He added: “I think about what happened every day and still haven’t come up with a good reason why. I’d had a lot going on and felt a bit down. I can’t have kids now, but still want a family. Maybe I’ll adopt.”

richz

omfg we made it :), Germany here we come..

Fossati-poor sportsmanship
Schwarzer-champion
Reboca-lol, nice try we have the 'devine right,' yeah the devine right to miss the world cup
Kewell-how ironic, as Fossati said, and i quote 'Australia didn't have that one special player' now whose got egg on their face :p
Vidmar-The veteran did it again, great game, good penalty kick
Neill-how cool was he? just took 2 steps and the bal hit the back of the net, great defensive game
Bresciano-magnificent, should have scored 2 goals, one just missed by mm
Viduka-a great captains game
Guus-the master, made the difference, no offence to farina but, if Guus wasnt there we wud not be going to germany.

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
Benny_ said:
Kewell was magnificent tonight. I don't know how long it's been since I last saw him playing so passionately in a match. Great stuff Harry, take that form back to Anfield.

Also I'm off to bake myself some humble pie. Neill really was pretty good tonight.
Wont mean much if Rafa gets Simao or Joaquin. And, lol, thats right, I seem to recall you saying how shite Neill is after a rumour that Wenger was interested.

brogan said:
Much thanks must go to John Safran for lifting the Mozambique curse.
Lol, I remembered that halfway through the second extra half, and I knew it was ours. Johnny Warren also had a hand in that. THAT was the true turning point in Australian football. Lets see If Safran has a brag on monday :)

stazi said:
HAHHAHAHAHA YEAH!!!! THat was fun. Random Japanese asian chicks: giving them high fives.
Anyone see any of the Uruguayan girls? Phwoooar, I drunkenly tried to hit on them, but I dont think I got close.

copious said:
I thought Vidmar played great. There was an aura of " yeah this is my time to shine " feel about him. go you good tthings.
The experts kept saying how Montero is 34 and wont handle 180 minutes well, well Vidmar is 35 and had the best match of his life. I also recall hearing many mention here that his tired legs wouldnt handle it... :D

Not-That-Bright said:
Their coach seemed like a stupid fuck, throwing balls at our players and shit...
Reminds me of Big Phil, who got the ball kids to do that. Worked a treat for him.

I dont feel like analysing the game, I can barely remember it. I hoped mum taped it at home, I might watch it now.

And I realised I have the same sig as someone else here. Must find a new one...
Have some dignity

P

pLuvia

viduka was such an idiot, he basically tapped the ball into the goal which wasn't even on the path into the goal :)

Jimmy_B

HSC
playboy2njoy said:
Meh, no one in South America likes those cheating bastards anyway. As an Argentine, my mother was barracking for Australia just as loudly as anyone.
yeah, theyre the most hated team in south america apparently. they started shit with every one of their opponents in qualifying. so glad to see them crying at the end of it.

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
playboy2njoy said:
I've got an .asf stream of the match I ripped from the live feed on the ffa's website, and a torrent for the sbs digital rip. Pm me if needed.
Thanks, but not needed, my bro taped it on DVD! Gonna save me $30 for buying it when it comes out (any time soon). Hell, I'll buy it anyway.

Jimmy_B said:
yeah, theyre the most hated team in south america apparently. they started shit with every one of their opponents in qualifying. so glad to see them crying at the end of it.
Yeah, I met up with a few Brazilians who were supporting us. I think they were happier than me, but I think that was because they were high. t least Uruguay can supply illegal drugs to the world. They seem to be better at that than football these days. Stay high.

Duke has been excellent as captain, but will he keep it for Germany? Methinks Hiddink will give him the armband again, I think thats wise. He makes a better captain than Moore.

And anyone see Toyota World Sport tonite? John Safran claimed credit for the win. I think he deserves some of it :D

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
who needs moore when we have vidmar! :D:D:D

nah seriously i reckon dukes should keep the captiancy, hes been a totally new player since guus gave him the armband, and while moore has the exprience captaining sides, i honestly cant remember much of him doing anything inspirational as captain for australia.... though frank farina might have something to do with it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)