• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Australia's qualification to the World Cup (Analysis) (1 Viewer)

Ilija

Swinger
HSC
braad said:
the circle of life eh :rolleyes:

if they jump on now and hold on, then sure...just the ones who "like" it because it's the current thing
Nothing like the circle... I do agree with you though

Komit

Byahhhhhhhhhh
HSC
This money should flow onto lower tiers of football and move towards an establishment of a National Youth League or a A-League Reserve grade to facilitate the retention of youth talent. We have already lost Australia's most promising talent, Kaz Patafta, to Benfica with countless others moving or looking to move to Europe.

Komit

Byahhhhhhhhhh
HSC
Na. Best would be every A-League team implement a coaching academy and a Reserve Grade (u20) comp where the playersare actually part of the same team a sthe A-league stars and play all around Australia. Gives a huge incentive to stay in Australia and provides an excellent youth development prospect.

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
Komit said:
Na. Best would be every A-League team implement a coaching academy and a Reserve Grade (u20) comp where the playersare actually part of the same team a sthe A-league stars and play all around Australia. Gives a huge incentive to stay in Australia and provides an excellent youth development prospect.
sounds like the EPL...and probbaly europe then right?

Ilija

Swinger
HSC
Well the EPL has a Reserve league and a Youth team, so really each team has three teams. If the A-League can make a secondery league(reserve) it would be great for depth and gives the younger players a chance to impress the manager for selection into the main team.

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
Ilija said:
Well the EPL has a Reserve league and a Youth team, so really each team has three teams. If the A-League can make a secondery league(reserve) it would be great for depth and gives the younger players a chance to impress the manager for selection into the main team.
thats good, they can step up into the team, so you could have your 20 man squad, and then also have access to the reserve/U-21s or whichever team you'd have (i'll assume reserve because we wont be ageist)

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
Im sure the FFA has plans for this, its just not financially viable right now to put so much strain on the clubs. We may just see it implemented in two years, so O'Neill hinted.

Ilija

Swinger
HSC
Yeah the changes wont occour until we are nice and comfortable in Asia, Maybe for the reserves have it under 21's but allow 5 over 21's too be part of the team.

nedzelic

HSC
Komit said:
The only downside of Australia's qualification is that everyone is suddenly a football expert which annoys the shit out of me - especially when you get guys who have no idea what they are talking about.

I say jump on the bandwagon, but don't be a cock about it.

yep, i know what you mean

nedzelic

HSC
i can't believ they'e gonna auction it off the fukcers!
put it in a museum!

Diddimz

HSC
A reserve league should be up and running in the next 3 years while a youth league is on the table for the 06-07 season, though nothing is definate yet.

nedzelic

HSC
yeah

i can't complain though, if i were older and had alotof $ then i would definetly be willingly to splash out 60k on it, or whatever it ends up going for. too many hypotheticals there though, *sighs*

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
bJ_Bhoy 87 said:
Next to Phar Laps heart!!!
hahaha

they're crazy, but i hope the uruguyan Gov doesnt buy it and burn it :s

Paragon

Pleased to Beat You
Circular Quay .... Patriotism + Football.
HSC
braad said:
hahaha

they're crazy, but i hope the uruguyan Gov doesnt buy it and burn it :s
Haha, true that.

Here are the seedings for next year's Asian Cup Qualifiers:

Pot 1
Japan
China
Iran
Bahrain
Uzbekistan
Jordan
No Australia

Pot 2
Korea Republic
Iraq
Oman
Kuwait
Saudi Arabia
Qatar
No Australia

Pot 3
United Arab Emirates
Yemen
Syria
Lebanon
Singapore
Hong Kong
No Australia

Pot 4
Pakistan
Sri Lanka
Chinese Tapei
Pakistan or Bangladesh
India
Australia
There we go.

Far out, what company they put us in. It's a tall-order, but we'll be alright, surely. :cool:

Last edited:

nedzelic

HSC
now, what the fuck's the deal with this. how the fuck are JORDAN in pool one? i can understand that we are in the final pool, b/c we must start from the bottom, although, you'd think fifa rankings would coem into it, in which case we'd be in pool a. but my point is, how are SOUTH KOREA in pool b?????????? wtf??? they are like the bets team in asia clearly, and performance-wise. that's bullshit

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)