Big 4 Accounting Firms Internships 2008 (1 Viewer)

BeeCom

HSC
Partner interview with Deloitte tax ^_^

I was so happy to get through, considering the multitude of 21+ yr olds doing comm/law at various universities. My tutor from one of my first year subjects was also an applicant arr!!!.

Irrelevent now :)

Huy

HSC
N/A
Nice work, BeeCom! You were Tuesday 1-4pm and they got back to you immediately?

I was in the morning session and haven't heard back from them. Risk Services.

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
Congrads BeeCom!

Just a question.. did it follow the procedure that Huy posted before?

"Information session: access to service representatives, service information and explanation about the recruitment process is offered to selected applicants.

Group activity: a half-day group session and informal one-on-one assessor meetings assess an applicant’s initiative, problem-solving, decision-making, communication and leadership skills. Students also get the chance to chat with Deloitte people, have something to eat and take an office tour. "

Huy

HSC
N/A
Yeah it was pretty much that.

Individual task.
Group task.
Writing task.

Tour.

Last edited:

BeeCom

HSC
Huy said:
Yeah it was pretty much that.

Individual task.
Group task.
Writing task.

Tour.
+1

The day went:
- Information session with the different Tax partners doing a presentation of what each sub-division of Tax does
- Lunch and informal chat session
- Back to tables for group assignment
- The 3 tasks above
- Short break (more food and drinks available...or maybe they were the ones left over, either way I couldn't eat)
-Tour (optional)

Last edited:

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
I totally forgot about accounting internships due to finance and thought everything was sep 3 so i missed ey/deloitte.

is it worth applying for mid-tier?

anyways got first round pwc and applied for kpmg but seems they take a while to respond?

i'm so over this process

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
just got a call from kpmg for interview next week actually so within 2 days

Huy

HSC
N/A
sunjet said:
just got a call from kpmg for interview next week actually so within 2 days
Just got a call from Deloitte telling me that I've been rejected for final partner interviews.

Looks like I will be accepting KPMG's offer. I don't want to go through PwC's recruitment process. :uhhuh:

DexJnr

HSC
N/A
Had KPMG and PWC interviews/assessments and got rejected for both..
seriously lame, but its tough competition cos there's not many places as compared to graduate opps.

DexJnr

HSC
N/A
Also is it just me, or is Deloitte the saddest of the Big4?

I heard the people there aren't that good as well.

Huy

HSC
N/A
Don't feel bad, I got flat out refused by EY via email even before the first round.
PwC haven't replied to me at all.

KPMG gave me the assessment centre, as did Deloitte. Knocked back by Deloitte.

Suvat

part timer
HSC
N/A
DexJnr said:
Had KPMG and PWC interviews/assessments and got rejected for both..
seriously lame, but its tough competition cos there's not many places as compared to graduate opps.
Whilst its true that there's more places generally available come graduate apps since many companies don't have summer programs, if you want to work in a particular firm which DOES have a summer program, it's actually a lot tougher to get in come graduate recruitment, in terms of the applicants to places ratio, which may be up to 3x as large depending on the firm

Reasons:
1. Vacation programs are only open to penultimates, whereas graduate programs are open to anyone from final years to those who graduated in the last 18 months.
2. Less people apply to vacation programs because people may have other plans over the summer vacation period, but a full time job after graduation is a necessity for most
3. Most vacation programs do not have 100% full time offer rates, so candiates who do not receive an offer or do not wish to remain at their organisation return to the graduate recruitment cycle.
4. More and more organisations are focusing on vacation programs as their primary source of graduates, rather than the grad recruitment drive. Many top tier law firms and investment banks don't even have formal grad recruitment programs anymore and recruit in an ad hoc basis to fill available grad spots. The big 4 are closely following that track.

So if you know where you want to work and that place has a summer program, you should by all means try your hardest to get your foot in the door through the summer vacation program.

atang2008

HSC
sunjet, Huy and DexJnr, just a quick question, when did you guys submit your applications for KPMG and PwC? I submitted mine (I applied audit for both) at the end of last week, but so far I haven't heard from any of them.

And yes, Deloitte IS the saddest of the big4!

Huy

HSC
N/A
KPMG: July 28 application submitted.
PwC: August 15 application submitted.

KPMG and PwC do not have hard closing dates so they will hire on a rolling basis and as positions are filled they will stop recruiting. So with these two, it was best to get in early to have the best chance of being recruited.

iamabanana

HSC
I got assessment for deloitte but didn't progress through to partner interviews
EY just rejected at the first stage.
PWC got called to do the online test.
KPMG havn't heard from at all but I did a halfed ass effort with the app so not expecting anything.

Im in melborune btw, really over all of this. I thought there was suppose to be a shortage of accountants. Doesn't seem that way with a million hoops to jump through to even get ur foot in the door.

billbro

HSC
N/A
Hmm, I haven't been on these forums in a while but just decided to drop by.

I have a KPMG interview this Friday for Audit, while a PWC one next Wednesday for Audit as well (Business Assurance).

Seems like a lot of people are getting interviews but the offers are highly limited, I suppose I shouldn't get my hopes up. I probably shouldn't have picked Business Assurance since the intake is apparently smaller than Financial too >_<

Just a quick question, how come there seems to be a final round interview for most of you who have gone through already? I thought it was basically a 3 activity kind of thing for all of them except PWC and you are either rejected or accepted after that?

My friend got a call from EY and Deloitte, the first is sometime next week I think and the latter was on Monday.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)