Big 4 Accounting Firms Internships 2008 (1 Viewer)

Huy

HSC
N/A
atang2008 said:
So you are still waiting to hear from PwC?
Yes. I have not heard a peep out of them.

billbro

HSC
N/A
Huy said:
Yes. I have not heard a peep out of them.
PwC called my friend and I today, but I know of people having already gone through their conquest assessment already.

Huy

HSC
N/A
billbro said:
PwC called my friend and I today, but I know of people having already gone through their conquest assessment already.
Wow thanks. In that case, I'll forget about it!
billbro said:
Just a quick question, how come there seems to be a final round interview for most of you who have gone through already? I thought it was basically a 3 activity kind of thing for all of them except PWC and you are either rejected or accepted after that?
For KPMG it was 1 day and it was all over in a single stage for 5 hours (writing task, group presentation and partner interview). You were informed on the day or shortly thereafter if you are successful in receiving an offer.

For Deloitte it was 1 day assessment for 3 hours, similar to KPMG (writing task, group presentation, individual presentation) but no partner interview. This is for another day (if successful in moving to this round). After the partner interview, you will find out if you are successful or not (so for Deloitte it is 2 stages).

I can't speak for PwC or EY since I didn't get through to them.

billbro

HSC
N/A
Huy said:
Wow thanks. In that case, I'll forget about it!
I wouldn't give up hope just yet, I pretty much thought I was a goner for PwC and they ended up calling. I would kind of advise you to check your email though, because if you read their page they send you a numerical & verbal reasoning test first. With that said, my friend got offered an interview/assessment before he had started the online test - though I did my online test and got a call about a week later.

I actually got rejections from EY and Deloitte, but pretty happy that I got at least an interview for KPMG and PwC.

Huy

HSC
N/A
Yeah I check my email quite often so it's not about not hearing from them (also my phone is always next to me).

My last hope is PwC but I am not looking forward to any of the recruitment stages - pretty happy just to sign with KPMG and forget about vacationing for the time being. Though if PwC get back to me, I'll give it a shot! :)

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
LOL at people who already are discounting a Big4 firm... seriously though, they're all good firms and they all recruit top students. Without actually working there, I have no idea how you guys can come to such a conclusion.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
this is so bullshit

1st of august - i applied for PwC : haven't heard back from them yet
24th of July - Kpmg - no word from them either. >=/

argh.

dram

i do things
HSC
i've certainly had varied success: didn't apply for PwC, application rejected by EY, rejected after assessment at KPMG, through to partner interview at Deloitte.

spontaneous

HSC
ive found pwc to be the quickest to respond, applied last tuesday, did online test last wednesday, called to attend monday's conquest session on thursday and got an offer this tuesday....so all done in a week, they seem very efficient

Huy

HSC
N/A
Congrats spontaneous!

I applied to PwC the friday before you, but didn't hear anything from them. I assume I was unsuccessful.

I've signed with KPMG as of today. :)

spontaneous

HSC
^ congrats on your kpmg offer as well!! :D

i guess its all really a matter of chance and practice....i got rejected by kpmg but oh well....cant complain about pwc

dils1989

dilssssssssssss
HSC
DexJnr said:
Also is it just me, or is Deloitte the saddest of the Big4?

I heard the people there aren't that good as well.

wat do u mean by saddest?

spontaneous

HSC
well i didnt mind deloitte....found them to be less 'fake'....compared to the others where people rave on about how great their firm is....i found deloitte people to be fairly honest about their experiences there

i guess it really depends who you speak to but thats the impression they've made on me

sdfjsdkl55

HSC
I applied to 3 out of the Big 4: Deloitte, KPMG, and Ernst and Young

Got past the application stage with all three and have had group interviews for Deloitte and KPMG so far, with Ernst and Young next week.

Had a group interview with Deloite, and performed pretty badly and did not get through to the next round.

Have just had my interview with KPMG and performed heaps better than at my Deloitte interview, but made a few mistakes and can understand if I don't get through.

Got my Ernst and Young interview this coming Tuesday and have gotta say that the experience that you get from previous interviews really helps as you can iron out the errors that you made in them.

Gotta admit that I won't be too fussed about missing out on the Big 4 since I've had my hopes on getting a spot with the mid-tier firms all along.

Would like to know if anyone else has completed the assessment day with KPMG and how long after did they have to wait to know if they were successful??

Cheers

Huy

HSC
N/A
You will receive a phone call that same afternoon or within the next couple of days. Check your mailbox as you will receive both a verbal offer/telephone and a written offer via post.

Last edited:

sdfjsdkl55

HSC
Fair enough, I get ya. Had my group assessment yesterday (Wednesday) and am guessing if I don't here back from them by tommorrow (Friday) that I didn't make the cut.

All the best with getting a vacation work spot!!

Huy

HSC
N/A
Good luck. I would wait up to 1 week before 'giving up' on KPMG. They should get back to you within 48 hours I would say...

Just curious, which division? :)

Last edited:

sdfjsdkl55

HSC
Audit, but have my sights set on working in middle market advisory as well over the summer.

Urself?

Also, which mid-tier are you looking at?

Huy

HSC
N/A
IT Advisory.
I'm not looking at any others. Already got my KPMG offer a fortnight ago and have accepted it.

Unrelated but I withdrew my SKM application today (relevant to engineers).

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)