Big 4 Accounting Firms Internships 2008 (1 Viewer)

Huy

HSC
N/A
I am 8.30 to 11.30am Tuesday.

BeeCom

HSC
Pace_T said:
mines monday :s
Cool, good luck. Let us know how it goes and what kind of initiation rituals they put you through etc...

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
I'm Wednesday at 3pm-6pm =\
My first preference was CRG though.

Huy

HSC
N/A
I'm in Risk Services.

Then Consulting or Eclipse.

atang2008

HSC
Has anyone who applied for Deloitte or EY assurance heard back from them yet?

BeeCom

HSC
A question for those in the know:

I applied for the Tax division but am not doing a Law degree or a major in taxation. HR people have told me it doesn't matter but I'm looking for someone who won't give me the politically correct answer - did I apply for the wrong division (due to me being disadvantaged for just doing BComm Acct/Fins), because I know a major in accounting is more than sufficient for audit, but I don't know the real-world answer for tax. Thanks

BeeCom

HSC
Huy said:
That shouldn't be a problem.

I found this on the Deloitte website:

Source: http://careers.deloitte.com/australia/students/mediatranscript.aspx?id=9
Yeah mate read that, but throuh university functions etc a lot of the people who work in tax at various firms (Big4 mainly) have just 'happened' to also have a law degree :p

But I assume/hope it's not the case purely because Deloitte have their D.Academy, which treats everyone as if they're starting at step 1. Still...maybe partners and interviewers look more favourably on people with taxation/law :(

Guess there's no point thinking about it - should just do my best and hope it works out.

dram

i do things
HSC
i'm going into Deloitte on Wednesday 10.30am, growth solutions line.

I had the KPMG written/group/interview dealio last friday, it was all quite painless which was a nice surprise.

haven't heard back from EY yet, but i'd take deloitte or KPMG over them so i'm not too bothered about that.

good luck everyone!

BeeCom

HSC
So the process for Deloitte goes:

1. Info session
2. Group activity/tour
3. 1 on 1 interview

Wait for Call

4. Partner Interview

or is there no wait?

Huy

HSC
N/A
See this page if you haven't already. It answers your question.
http://careers.deloitte.com/australia/students/students_internships.aspx?CountryContentID=13808

I believe number 1 and 2 are combined on the same day.
I think number 3 and 4 are the same thing and they happen on another day. The email only talked about an info session and group activity on the first day. Nothing about interviews or partners.

I know KPMG did the lot in one day, but that was 5 hours long, not 3.

Last edited:

Pace_T

HSC
i did the same interview at deloitte a year ago. its exactly the same this year. the group activity involves a case study and you have to present to your group (you'll have around 2 seniors at your table) and you are among 6-7 other poeple who want the job as well at your table.

as for tax, i applied for tax as the service line in the 07 summer vacation interview. they all had comm/law backgrounds but none of them knew shit about tax tbh
my whole degree is tax and what i can tell you is that they provide all the training you need to get by in that division without a tax background. the difficulty in not having a tax background does not come from the working aspect, it comes from the CA aspect where a whole module is dedicated to tax. thats the hard part
anyway if you get into the tax division eventually you'll learn your masters in taxation @ deloitte, so dont worry they teach you from the ground up.
i guess whichever division you go into it wont matter, because all CA candidates have to do the tax module??

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
BeeCom said:
Anyone EY'ing next Monday 9am-3pm?
I'm EY'ing on Thursday 9am-3:30pm..
My preference was Advisory.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
=(

i got rejected by Deloitte.
Haven't heard back from PWC/KPMG/EY. Not sounding too positive atm. =(

c2643c

HSC
shinji said:
=(

i got rejected by Deloitte.
Haven't heard back from PWC/KPMG/EY. Not sounding too positive atm. =(
Which division did you apply for?

Gd luck with the other ones!

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
c2643c said:
Which division did you apply for?

Gd luck with the other ones!
taxation / advisory / auditing i think.

thanks. because from the looks of things. people have been getting interviews =(
><!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)