BOS Showcase: 2009 Major Works (1 Viewer)

harryc

HSC
Will post mine as soon as I can find the damn USB the final draft is hiding on.

Although, I'm getting kind of intimidated, after reading bits and pieces of what's already posted.

agua.fuego

HSC
This is mine, a short story (Exotopy: A Season Called Home).
The RS and MW are together.
:sun: Glad it's all gone!!

hingec

HSC
I'm *meant* to be doing my extension history right now but i got so caught up in everyone's major works I just gave up and embraced the procrastination (certainly one of the more enjoyable forms of this)
Everything I've read has been pretty damn brilliant - my personal favourite "Insert your name here" which blew my mind! Perfetly captured the persona's voice and had this beautiful style which just makes me want to go back to mine and re-do the whole thing...
Alex's poetry was wayy up there too, a sort of nice mix of the postmodern shape poetry sort of thing (which i love) mixed with humour and general wit. One of my mates did shape poetry for his major work and it was so outstanding I thought there wasn't a chance in hell of him having any competition... I was wrong!

Amazing the writing talent we have around... so much better than some of the trash in book stores suggests!

Audolphus

HSC
Now, I would upload my multimedia work, but the bounds of technological advancement prevent me.

Its a powerpoint, of massive proportions and of endless mega kila giga bites. If anyone figures how one might load it, I shall concider it. This might be why I could never find any other multimedia works on here. Nontherless, it may indeed be possible.

.Lara.

HSC
I'm so scared to post this, but oh well.

Title: An Appeal to Heaven
Medium: Speech

This is just the script and reflection statement

harryc

HSC
Still can't find the final draft of my Reflection Statement, but I've got the penultimate one (from around last Wednesday...), so the word count is still a bit over. I think it ended up being around 1510. Anyway, here it is:

Clifford

HSC
I'm so scared to post this, but oh well.

Title: An Appeal to Heaven
Medium: Speech

This is just the script and reflection statement
Masonic Speech Makinghttp://community.boredofstudies.org/#_ftn1 became my bible

http://community.boredofstudies.org/#_ftnref1

Irony, lol? Or... I only read the Preacher's part (I thundered around the house in my best preacher voice) so I might be wrong in thinking Mason's are secular, although it fits in with the whole Enlightenment thing... but in War and Peace, the Masons were heckfire religious. Maybe I should read the Mason's speech before making my comment. Yes. Definitetly. This is interesting though.

.Lara.

HSC
Masonic Speech Making became my bible

Irony, lol? Or... I only read the Preacher's part (I thundered around the house in my best preacher voice) so I might be wrong in thinking Mason's are secular, although it fits in with the whole Enlightenment thing... but in War and Peace, the Masons were heckfire religious. Maybe I should read the Mason's speech before making my comment. Yes. Definitetly. This is interesting though.

Hmm can't decide if interesting is a good thing or a bad thing, haha.
Anyway, Masons are religious; to become a Mason, a man can be of any race, but must have a belief in a spiritual being.
Some philosophers of the Enlightenment also had faith of some sort :)

Clifford

HSC
It is good! I wouldn't have read it and thwomped around the house doing my best Martin Luther King if it wasn't!

.Lara.

HSC
Still can't find the final draft of my Reflection Statement, but I've got the penultimate one (from around last Wednesday...), so the word count is still a bit over. I think it ended up being around 1510. Anyway, here it is:
I really loved the beginning, and the way the relationship developed.
My favourite line is, "I kissed her. I kissed her for the past, I kissed her for the present, and I kissed her for the future."

alex.leon

not an ATARd
HSC
It is good! I wouldn't have read it and thwomped around the house doing my best Martin Luther King if it wasn't!
HAHAHAHAH. Would've loved to see that.

I had a flick through. I dunno, I've never really study speeches and they aren't my 'thing', but the language was outstanding, regardless of any of my personal preferences. Great work :)

.Lara.

HSC
So accio brain, I haven't read yours but if it has a Bright Eyes reference it deserves full marks straight away.

edit: And thanks for the positive feedback :)

Last edited:

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
Books are inscriptions of the human condition and the associated Nietzschean aspect of egocentrality - Love this line

I love this it is awesome, as i love Nietzhce's work, and conrads. Your reference to Macbeth is interesting and I can see the link. I did get confused at one point, but really its no big deal:

This entails the petty mindedness that ‘I am a prophet of the lightning and a heavy drop from the cloud: but this lightning is called Übermensch’. It is through “Ultraman” that we are able to make full comprehension of our compass bearings, and ultimately, be able to conquer the human induced realities that can be observed in this day and age. - page 6

Its just that Übermensch means superhuman as you referenced earlier (this is correct) then you say Ultraman which in german is ultramann, but thats just one little grammar thing, that has no negative effects on the over all piece.

I really do love this its awesome. Well done you should go well.

Last edited:

paperweight

HSC
Ok, I've started to read through everyone's mw's and may I just say... wow!!! Um, I'm kind of scared now, I doubt that mine is anywhere near half as good as you guys.

First up:

I'll start, shall I?

Title: The Tale of Shortbread Sophie and Kilometrico Kid or, There Are No Woods Around Here
Medium: Short story

*gulp*
I love the characterisation in your mw. You really get a feel for the characters and can believe that they are real people. I love how you have displayed some quite unconventional relationships but they all work and give the reader a feel of the scenario you have created. I particuarly love Jasper's letters. From the very first one I was intrigued by Jasper and wanted to know more about him. Then with 'your communicative son' I just knew that I had to keep reading.

This is amazing, I salute you!

paperweight

HSC
Ok, I have just read the script for Vampires + Bees = Comedy?

Here is mine

Medium: Radio Drama
Title: Vampires + Bees = Comedy?

if you would like to hear the sound file please pm and i'll be glad to email as i cannot upload anywhere for some unknown reason lols
First may I just say that radio drama has to be my favourite medium, especialy for comedy. I was actually laughing out loud at this script and would love to hear how the recording turned out.

With each of your 'ad break' and innuendos I was pleasently reminded of the style of Stephen Fry in Saturday Night Fry, a radio programme from the 80's that I love with a passion- I suggest that you check it out if you haven't heard of it.

Two lines that I really love are "I don't swing that way..." and "blood is virtually fat and carb free".

I hope that the markers appreciate some humour and that this mw goes well. Oh, and congrats on developing your own take on the vampire legend that makes more sense than Meyers (not that that's hard...)

flack

HSC
Just a question...Should you guys be posting you major works on here if they haven't been submitted to the Board of Studies yet?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)