Cadetships 2008/09 (1 Viewer)

latch

HSC
Re: Cadetships 2007

nnp said:
true,
the freebies can be very misleading. the freebies might be very cool but it does not mean the firm suits you.....

P.S: PwC bag is very nice....blue is my colour and the orange is the firm's...and they look pretty nice with each other... :)
OBVIOUSLY any choice made should be based solely on the fiscal value of any gift given plus the value of any wining and dining received.

T_M_K

HSC

Did anyone get an offer from Moore Stephens - Sydney West? and is anyone gonna accept?

sslions

HSC

xxJTxx said:
hah! kpmg sent out rejection emails today :) i know...cause i got one! w00t. anyway. yer. congratz to all who got an offer :) you are truly talented people!
hahah, man that makes two of us. yeah for those who got an offer, i raise my hat. Especially to KPMG's internal audits - damn, they only offered 2 cadet vacancies for what, about ten people. oh well, congrats to those who made it:)

angel07

HSC

Hey Hunni.xx did you get an offer from Accru?

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad

latch said:
OBVIOUSLY any choice made should be based solely on the fiscal value of any gift given plus the value of any wining and dining received.
Don't forget the importance of colour coordination with your outfits. I've seen some people in the city wearing the orange bags given out earlier in the year.

hunni.xx

HSC

T_M_K said:
Did anyone get an offer from Moore Stephens - Sydney West? and is anyone gonna accept?
heyy :) I got the offer last Thursday but i havent got the letter yet!! wats wrongggggg?? hav u gotten urs?? im gna accept lol =]=] r u?

AND angel07 noo i didnt get accru =[ sadly coz 2 of mi frends got in!! it wouldve bn mad... bt ehh. did u??

angel07

HSC

hunni.xx said:
heyy :) I got the offer last Thursday but i havent got the letter yet!! wats wrongggggg?? hav u gotten urs?? im gna accept lol =]=] r u?

AND angel07 noo i didnt get accru =[ sadly coz 2 of mi frends got in!! it wouldve bn mad... bt ehh. did u??

BUT did you get any reply from Accru?

ctkid

HSC

hye can sumone clear me heere...is your trainee grant which is a monthly payment while ur not working(studying fulltime) as a trainee for a firm...is that taxed? so say if we get around 800 a month...total like 10000 a year...would that be taxed...and question 2...we wouldnt have to pay super out of that would we?
just wanted to clear that up in case other cadets in here like seremify could help out

Meads

Drummer Boy
HSC

ctkid said:
hye can sumone clear me heere...is your trainee grant which is a monthly payment while ur not working(studying fulltime) as a trainee for a firm...is that taxed? so say if we get around 800 a month...total like 10000 a year...would that be taxed...and question 2...we wouldnt have to pay super out of that would we?
just wanted to clear that up in case other cadets in here like seremify could help out
$10,000 tax free without super contributions?

Fat chance my friend.

There will be amount withheld for super and tax I am afraid.

I will send you a bill for that tax advice...

ctkid

HSC

Meads said:
$10,000 tax free without super contributions?

Fat chance my friend.

There will be amount withheld for super and tax I am afraid.

I will send you a bill for that tax advice...
but wouldnt a 'grant' be exempt in some form? seeing its not money for working rather for more like a scholarship kind of thing...like you would receive working at EY wen ur studin full time and not workin

xxJTxx

HSC

btw..for those of you who are applying for cadetships in 2008...and are going for KPMG..this is what they said in the rejection email:

[FONT=times new roman, times, serif]"We've found that successful KPMG professionals tend to share certain vocational and personal attributes and at our interviews are looking for candidates who can demonstrate skills in the following areas:[/FONT]
[FONT=times new roman, times, serif]- Task Management;
[/FONT][FONT=times new roman, times, serif]- Communication and influence;
[/FONT][FONT=times new roman, times, serif]- Team skills;
[/FONT][FONT=times new roman, times, serif]- Commercial awareness;
[/FONT][FONT=times new roman, times, serif]- Problem Solving;
[/FONT][FONT=times new roman, times, serif]- Career motivation;[/FONT][FONT=times new roman, times, serif]
-
[/FONT] [FONT=times new roman, times, serif]Professionalism; and
[/FONT][FONT=times new roman, times, serif]- Continuous Learning.[/FONT]

[FONT=times new roman, times, serif]Our interviewers look for candidates who can provide evidence from their own experiences of these skills. The best way to describe your experience in an interview is to include the following information in your responses:[/FONT]

[FONT=times new roman, times, serif]Situation: what was happening
[/FONT][FONT=times new roman, times, serif]Action: what action you took
[/FONT][FONT=times new roman, times, serif]Outcome: what was the outcome"[/FONT]

Some tips for those applying next year:

First Round: Interview with middle level manager/team leader type of person - strict booklet of behavioural style qustions. Google 'behavioural interviewing' if you have no idea what i'm on about! Sorry - I can't remember any of the specific questions asked, but, i found that just by going over tyical bahavioural style questions the night before, i knew what i was on about it...Don't be nervous!

[FONT=times new roman, times, serif]
Second Round:
- Partner Interview: Much more intimidating (for me anyway) then the first interview. The partner doesn't ask as much questions, and wasn't as conversational as the first round one (for me anyway). You need to appear confident, and actually know what the division you are applying for is about (I did...but I think I talked at him wayy too much).
- Group Task: People arranged in groups, sat around a table. Given a scenario. Our sceanario was about potential recievers of a kidney transplant; we we're the doctors choosing who would get the kidney out of four people. We we're given a sheet which outlined a little bit about each person. We got to read this sheet individually for 3mins, and then we had to discuss it as a group. Then we had to present our decision to the 'ethical board of the hospital'.
- Written Task: Was a computer task. Had to compile an email based on all of these pieces of information (other emails) sent to various people about some job a company was requested to do. Involved adding up a whole bunch of numbers and being able to perform basic multiplication. Was very easy.

That is all.
[/FONT]

someone123

HSC

Don't you still work during full time study? but less hours?

blackrifice

HSC

can i ask who of u got an offer at PKF and in which section.

I'll start us off:

Business advisory

fallover

HSC

hello

i just have a quick question, if say you receive an accounting cadetship- the cut off date for acceptance is 25th July on wednesday. is it considered bad business etiquette/ impolite to accept it at the eleventh hour?

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad

ctkid said:
Sorry for the ambiguity but it will differ depending on each firm, and honestly speaking, I haven't received trainee grant yet since I'm still full timing BUT;

The trainee grant is only paid for the months where you are full time studying.

This means for the times you are actually at uni during semester- not the huge break at the end of the year where you will typically be doing vacation-equivalent work.

With regards to the tax, I can't tell you for sure but from what I've heard you get the $880 in your bank account like normal pay as part of the payrun. No amount is witheld for super since you are technically not receiving it as any form of salary I think- it is a 'grant'. However, I think you have to pay tax on it but it will be a very small amount; furthermore, when you do the vacation work and so on, you'll be earning quite a bit there.... so you'll definitely need to do a tax return.

Also wanted to add, for some firms (such as my own), even if you continue working on a part time basis per approval and negotiation with your own division/group, you will still receive the study grant.

ctkid

HSC

seremify007 said:
Sorry for the ambiguity but it will differ depending on each firm, and honestly speaking, I haven't received trainee grant yet since I'm still full timing BUT;

The trainee grant is only paid for the months where you are full time studying.

This means for the times you are actually at uni during semester- not the huge break at the end of the year where you will typically be doing vacation-equivalent work.

With regards to the tax, I can't tell you for sure but from what I've heard you get the $880 in your bank account like normal pay as part of the payrun. No amount is witheld for super since you are technically not receiving it as any form of salary I think- it is a 'grant'. However, I think you have to pay tax on it but it will be a very small amount; furthermore, when you do the vacation work and so on, you'll be earning quite a bit there.... so you'll definitely need to do a tax return.

Also wanted to add, for some firms (such as my own), even if you continue working on a part time basis per approval and negotiation with your own division/group, you will still receive the study grant.
hey i understand ur at a big 4...so which 1 r u at...i may be coming 2 ur firm nxt yr

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)