Can an essay be memorised in one night? (1 Viewer)

ocatal

HSC
Yes, it is possible.

Make sure your essay points are broad enough to cover a wide range of essay questions that can be asked.

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
It's for a test I have soon
Why risk it? The thing with an essay memorised in one night is that it stores in your short term memory which you might lose fragments of it if your test is the next morning, particularly under the stressful exam conditions, I would sincerely advise you to be safe and start memorising the ideas of your essay, not word for word, but the ideas, (quotes and techniques-if for English), factual evidence(history/humanities essay) as soon as possible rather than waiting at the last minute, you might also want to record the essay and listen to it repeatedly to help you remember its general ideas and linkage between the ideas.

madharris

HSC
N/A
yeah it's definitely possible, but if it's soon, then why not start now?

you might also want to record the essay and listen to it repeatedly
When I do this, all I think about is "Is this how I sound like to everyone else? Sorry to all the people who I have met in my life who have to put up with it!"

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
I've remembered 2 in one day, right before a HSC exam. So yea...

pigas

HSC
Well I memorised one like 1 hour before the assessment. However don't memorise word for word - what I did was divide it into sections and put the main points in each section. So I did the sections: intro, body > divided body into different sections, then conclusion. In each section I memorised key words or quotes and techniques. So I remembered the structure and main points, then expanded on them when I actually wrote it.

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
Yeah I did a modernism essay the night before and memorised it a few hours before.

But highly not recommended unless your essay is malleable and contains really good ideas and points. It's better to know your text inside and out than to memorise something preprepared word for word.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Verify

HSC
Yes of course that's what I do with every essay I write lol

Kurosaki

True Fail Kid
HSC
Yes of course that's what I do with every essay I write lol
I still don't get how people do this...I have to memorise at least a week beforehand to know my essay in depth enough to mould it to the question on the day (otherwise I just fall apart in the English exam :L)

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
I still don't get how people do this...I have to memorise at least a week beforehand to know my essay in depth enough to mould it to the question on the day (otherwise I just fall apart in the English exam :L)
You are within the mindset of a band 6 student. Write out your essay every day before your exam and you can get 18+/20 or 13+/15.

Just before HSC, I did all the past-papers twice each and I look on track for a band 6.

By memorising an essay, you are limiting yourself to getting a 19. You can get lucky and possibly get an 18, but nothing more really.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)