• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Car of the 1337s (1 Viewer)

Patricio

UNSW Member
Originally posted by anti
Maybe he was gonna change to a REAL car ;)
Haha sometimes I think I'm too anti-Honda.. but you're even worse!

Anything on Anzac pde is a bit of a waste of time really, considering that cops out east tend to hate ricers (go figure?)
Nah.. I didn't mean Anzac as being a drag meet-up, it just seems like a popular place for spontaneous short sprint drags with all those perfect traffic lights..

Patricio

UNSW Member
btw, is anyone here a member of the Uni Auto Club (UAC)? Apparently it's among a few unis, but when I spoke to one of the guys in charge last year, it didn't sound too inspiring.. does anyone know much about this club?

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
Originally posted by Patricio
Haha sometimes I think I'm too anti-Honda.. but you're even worse!

Nah.. I didn't mean Anzac as being a drag meet-up, it just seems like a popular place for spontaneous short sprint drags with all those perfect traffic lights..
Yep, I'm nasty. lol! I just don't see the point, I guess, other than the type rs (I'd like to see a type R civic.. it sounds promising) and the s2k of course.

The thing I admire the most is how well tuned their cars are - you rarely hear of hondas falling apart. Then again, they are N/A :D

And oh, I see what you mean.. then there's the other stretch on Anzac pde for rolling runs (heading towards La Perouse) ;)

I looked at joining that, but it looks kind of v8-centric? We need an import club :lol:

VX1-08U

Haha yeh $100,000.. maybe it did. The bit I never got about that movie was Johnny Tran was complaining to his mechanic about someone stealing his SR20 motors - but SR20s are from Nissan Silvias/180s. All Johnny's cars were Hondas (and one Lexus)

Yeah, you know these SR20's are at premium a week before race wars ... haha. Probably decided that VTEC was no good for drags and went with a SR20DET conversion. All up, at least F&F had some car lingo unlike 2F2F ... the GPS is wired in to all the major systems, ain't low jack or some b/s like that.

Patricio

UNSW Member
Yep, I'm nasty. lol! I just don't see the point, I guess, other than the type rs (I'd like to see a type R civic.. it sounds promising) and the s2k of course.
They bothered making a Civic Type R lol. What next? Honda MDX Type R? Honda CRV Type R? Why not!

And oh, I see what you mean.. then there's the other stretch on Anzac pde for rolling runs (heading towards La Perouse) ;)
Since I live near La Perouse I do that little run nearly every day..

I looked at joining that, but it looks kind of v8-centric? We need an import club :lol:
You so didn't check the UAC out! All the members I saw were asian, and according to my stereotypes (j/k), asian uni students aren't into V8s! I'm sure they'd have imports, or at the very least, mainly Japanese cars..

Originally posted by VX1-08U
Yeah, you know these SR20's are at premium a week before race wars ... haha. Probably decided that VTEC was no good for drags and went with a SR20DET conversion. All up, at least F&F had some car lingo unlike 2F2F ... the GPS is wired in to all the major systems, ain't low jack or some b/s like that.
Yeh F&F > 2F2F. 2F2F only had 1 good car race scene.. Harry I need NAAAAAAWWWWSSSSS. 2 of the big ones. And by tonight!

VX1-08U

-Haha sometimes I think I'm too anti-Honda.. but you're even worse!

For some reason, honda civics piss me off ... maybe it has to do with the fact that too many wannabes driving civics ...

- Too bad the Type R Civic ain't being imported by Honda Australia.

-btw, is anyone here a member of the Uni Auto Club (UAC)?

There is a auto club? had no idea ...

VX1-08U

- They bothered making a Civic Type R lol. What next? Honda MDX Type R? Honda CRV Type R? Why not!

hmmm, Honda CRV Type R - I'm sure that will be a hit, with the Type R badge advertising they are not to be messed with :) lol

- You so didn't check the UAC out! All the members I saw were asian, and according to my stereotypes (j/k), asian uni students aren't into V8s! I'm sure they'd have imports, or at the very least, mainly Japanese cars..

There you go anti, you'll feel right at home ... they love imports, you love imports ... it's a match made in heaven ;)

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
2f2f had no car lingo? What a letdown (I haven't watched it yet). I love F&F for the way they talk... FIND ANOTHER WAY HOME, PIZZA BOY! :D (and every time I watch that drag right at the start of the movie, it seems to get longer and longer... who knew 10s could last so long!)

They bothered making a Civic Type R lol. What next? Honda MDX Type R? Honda CRV Type R? Why not!

Since I live near La Perouse I do that little run nearly every day..

You so didn't check the UAC out! All the members I saw were asian, and according to my stereotypes (j/k), asian uni students aren't into V8s! I'm sure they'd have imports, or at the very least, mainly Japanese cars..

Yeh F&F > 2F2F. 2F2F only had 1 good car race scene.. Harry I need NAAAAAAWWWWSSSSS. 2 of the big ones. And by tonight!
The civic type R is meant to be pretty quick. Unfortunately not available in Aus at all tho :(

And you live near lapa? Lucky.. it's a nice area :)

I know there's a lot of asians with cars at UNSW but they tend to be the riceboys, I haven't really done a double take at a car near uni yet. :p And Hondas are not my idea of imports anyway. ;)

VX1-08U

2f2f had no car lingo? What a letdown (I haven't watched it yet). I love F&F for the way they talk... FIND ANOTHER WAY HOME, PIZZA BOY! :D (and every time I watch that drag right at the start of the movie, it seems to get longer and longer... who knew 10s could last so long!)

The only lingo in 2F2F is 'hook me up with the spray' b/s. Should watch it anyway, especially the prelude to 2F2F, which links up F&F with 2F2F, by showing what Brian did (more street racing) after letting Dom go - also shows a nice Mitsu 3000GT which Brian drives. "FIND ANOTHER WAY HOME PIZZA BOY" is a classic. Another one is the Asian guy in the Integra playing Gran Truismo. Yeah, it's pretty long for so-called 10 secs.

I know there's a lot of asians with cars at UNSW but they tend to be the riceboys, I haven't really done a double take at a car near uni yet. :p And Hondas are not my idea of imports anyway. ;)

Go the neons and stickers ... haha

Patricio

UNSW Member
For some reason, honda civics piss me off ... maybe it has to do with the fact that too many wannabes driving civics ...
- Too bad the Type R Civic ain't being imported by Honda Australia.
I know some idiot importing a Type R Civic himself. For the cost (it's costing him heaps!), it's really not worth it. Considering it will look like every riceboy civic in Sydney, and won't have performance to match most other imports.

I love F&F for the way they talk... FIND ANOTHER WAY HOME, PIZZA BOY! :D (and every time I watch that drag right at the start of the movie, it seems to get longer and longer... who knew 10s could last so long!)
I like how in the first race how he messes up the manifold by using too much nos, hence, the floor well falls out from the passenger side lol.

The civic type R is meant to be pretty quick. Unfortunately not available in Aus at all tho :(
Kinda quick.. like stock CA18DET quick.

And you live near lapa? Lucky.. it's a nice area :)
Yeh it is! :) Close for uni too..

As if there's no nice cars at uni. I'm amazed everytime I park my car in the morning, usually I'll see late 90's model Supras, a few nice 180s etc. You're parking at the wrong place obviously! Even in one street, there's a black 'street drag' R34 nearly every day..

Yeah, it's pretty long for so-called 10 secs.
You guys.. they stretched the scene out to make it better, it would have been boring just a quick 10 second clip. The most hilarious part of that race is Hector starts the race, yet is also already at the end to give Vin the money when Vin gets out of the FD..

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
I know some idiot importing a Type R Civic himself. For the cost (it's costing him heaps!), it's really not worth it. Considering it will look like every riceboy civic in Sydney, and won't have performance to match most other imports.

I like how in the first race how he messes up the manifold by using too much nos, hence, the floor well falls out from the passenger side lol.

Kinda quick.. like stock CA18DET quick.

Yeh it is! :) Close for uni too..

As if there's no nice cars at uni. I'm amazed everytime I park my car in the morning, usually I'll see late 90's model Supras, a few nice 180s etc. You're parking at the wrong place obviously! Even in one street, there's a black 'street drag' R34 nearly every day..

You guys.. they stretched the scene out to make it better, it would have been boring just a quick 10 second clip. The most hilarious part of that race is Hector starts the race, yet is also already at the end to give Vin the money when Vin gets out of the FD..
Hey, it's quick when you consider that it's a CIVIC! It's like my dream to turbocharge my barina for kicks! :) (it'd be funny if it was actually driveable)

Yeah, I know that R34.. it's got way too many stickers! :) There's a red supra around with a neat tribal type sticker along it... the guy owns a sticker shop. :lol: I park on the hill, not on the other side of Anzac Pde, which might be why I don't see those cars you look at :p And I haven't seen many Supras, you'll have to tell me where they park so I can stickybeak. ;)

VX1-08U

True. Can't really say I noticed the thing with Hector before, good spotting tho.

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
Well, I loved the fact that ten seconds could go for fifteen minutes and about a dozen gears :D

The movie just wasn't interesting. I like laughing at the plot and the dialogue :D

I would like to see (the) getaway in stockholm (i think there's 4 now) though.. they're supposed to be pretty snazzy

Patricio

UNSW Member
Hey, it's quick when you consider that it's a CIVIC! It's like my dream to turbocharge my barina for kicks! :) (it'd be funny if it was actually driveable)
Put the SRi Turbo engine in one day.. it'd be a little rocket (if it could get traction)!

Yeah, I know that R34.. it's got way too many stickers! :) There's a red supra around with a neat tribal type sticker along it... the guy owns a sticker shop. :lol: I park on the hill, not on the other side of Anzac Pde, which might be why I don't see those cars you look at :p And I haven't seen many Supras, you'll have to tell me where they park so I can stickybeak. ;)
Nah.. the black R34 I see only has one silver sticker which says "R34 Street Drag" on it.. I see a lot of Supras in Kingsford! They're usually black or red.

True. Can't really say I noticed the thing with Hector before, good spotting tho.
Yeh, I'm a bit skeptical when I watch F&F now, but it's still one of my fave movies..

Originally posted by CasaNovo
The two muscle cars (camaro and challenger) made the movie interesting.
American Muscle! Does anyone know what type of gearbox that was in the Challenger (from the Supra vs Challenger drag at the end)? Was it an auto or what?

I would like to see (the) getaway in stockholm (i think there's 4 now) though.. they're supposed to be pretty snazzy
I d/l'ed GS2, and it's really good. Makes you appreciate the Cosworth which we unfortunately don't get in Aus :(

CasaNovo

HSC
N/A
The yenko camaro (blue car, used a munchie 4 speed man) and challenger (orange one, used a torqueflite auto) were in 2f2f.

The car in the original fast n furious was a dodge charger, that raced the supra at the end, damn what a car, the charger that is.

Well im guessing it was either quickshit kit, or dog-cut gear, something that could take 900+ horses without breaking into pieces.

Patricio

UNSW Member
The yenko camaro (blue car, used a munchie 4 speed man) and challenger (orange one, used a torqueflite auto) were in 2f2f.
The car in the original fast n furious was a dodge charger, that raced the supra at the end, damn what a car, the charger that is.
Well im guessing it was either quickshit kit, or dog-cut gear, something that could take 900+ horses without breaking into pieces.
ah yeh I get you.. I got them confused. I couldn't figure out what box that Charger had, cos Vin kept slamming it down..
Was BS how the rear wheels spun (meaning no traction) AND the front wheels came up (meaning too much traction)..

CasaNovo

HSC
N/A
Hahah he almost need a wheelie-bar.
Its not bs, well maybe a little. A car with that much hp, then transferring it to the rear wheels on full throttle, would cause the car to launch.
Look at these for ex.

VX1-08U

Americans and their autos (most of the american muscle cars seems to be auto), whereas the japanese prefer manual for their sport cars. Go figure.

Patricio

UNSW Member
Hahah he almost need a wheelie-bar.
Its not bs, well maybe a little. A car with that much hp, then transferring it to the rear wheels on full throttle, would cause the car to launch.
Look at these for ex.
nah, I'm not questioning the car to launch with the front lifting up, I've seen tonnes of vids with that happen in muscle cars.
Even in that pic, the rears aren't spinning - that's my point. You can't have the rears spinning (no traction) and the front lift off (too much traction), especially for how far down the street his rears spun, whilst still keeping the front up - it just doesn't work..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)