Class of 2010: Eng Ext 2 Roll Call (1 Viewer)

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Introduce yourself here class of 2010.

What's everybody doing for their Major Works?

MissGiggles

HSC
our school doesn't want us to do anything else lol....MG here :)

Deer

Premium Member
HSC
Critical Response.

Though my teacher wants me to do something else, because he hates CR's, and doesn't know anything about my area of interest(s)... Ppp.

My journal is pretty hot daymn too.

https://orders.stationerysupplies.com.au/stock_images600/660110102.JPG

One of these bad boys, (black), but I decorated it with some scrap drawings I did last year... YeahART!

Ps, ashie, your rep absolutely dominates. -looks at my measly one block- ... WHYY :(

accio.brain

HSC
This is so freaky. I remember the 09 roll call being up not so long ago. You lot have already replaced us and we haven't even gotten marks back yet =.= On another note, good luck to all you 2010ers :)

MissGiggles

HSC
Oh the independent thinking of (presumably) the states top english students. I like it.
the only way to become top in the state is to sign your life away and do whatever your teacher says. then if you have time study.

i really want to write a drama script with my drama teacher's help (he'd do anything for a student in one of his classes, and he's creative coordinator at our school + a senior HSC marker for drama) but i'd prefer to really get into the emotional side of things, whereas for drama you really have to show something physically, and that's up to the actor because there's only so much direction you can put down on paper (which is what i'd be doing)

i'd do a video but last time my friend tried with us everyone had their own ideas and we had nothing to work with.

ashie0

world
HSC
N/A
the only way to become top in the state is to sign your life away and do whatever your teacher says. then if you have time study.

i really want to write a drama script with my drama teacher's help (he'd do anything for a student in one of his classes, and he's creative coordinator at our school + a senior HSC marker for drama) but i'd prefer to really get into the emotional side of things, whereas for drama you really have to show something physically, and that's up to the actor because there's only so much direction you can put down on paper (which is what i'd be doing)

i'd do a video but last time my friend tried with us everyone had their own ideas and we had nothing to work with.
I was merely pointing out that I find it hilarious and ironic that a subject that supposedly pushes boundaries and challenges it's students involves so much submission and jumping through hoops. I wasn't referring to state rankings per say but the calibre of students who select ext 2.

foolish bowie

HSC
I am contemplating either a series of short stories or a screenplay.
Our teacher has told us NEVER to do film.
Ever.

MissGiggles

HSC
I was merely pointing out that I find it hilarious and ironic that a subject that supposedly pushes boundaries and challenges it's students involves so much submission and jumping through hoops. I wasn't referring to state rankings per say but the calibre of students who select ext 2.
i know i'm too chicken to go against anything a teacher wants. if you can actually be bothered to do this much english you'd want to impress teachers

ashie0

world
HSC
N/A
Personally I'm doing this course because i have a passion for writing and a passion for my topic. I think its an in depth, challenging and enriching course and I'm looking forward to undertaking my major work independently. Why on earth would you pour yourself into this just to impress a high school teacher?

css

HSC
Critical Response.

Australian literature, probably perspectives... of what I'm not sure. I just love Australian literature.
And my creatives are horrendously hit and miss.

We should all get together and have an MW slam.

kiniki

HSC
Aah I only just had my first lesson today.. it was quite exciting :)

I'm doing a multi-tiered short story, though with poetry intertwined (most likely) and i'm considering authorial intrusion.. most likely with a psychological bearing, but i don't want to stray into no-mans land with mental disorders and shit. Which is what i was seriously considering for my concept until my lesson this afternoon.. damnit :(

Is anyone going to the extension english UOW day on the Nov 13th? Not too sure if that's the exact date.

Oroborous

HSC
N/A
I'm surprised at the amount of people doing critical responses. I'm planning on doing a short story. v_v

Arceupins

Banned
HSC
Short story.

Thinking outside the box right here.

3 weeks until my viva voce and I still haven't the slightest clue what I'm going to do :(

joshuarG

HSC
hey guyzz :D

i've sort of got my idea.
i'm really thinking of doing a short story on something to do with one of the chinese dynasties.

or i was interested in poetry, but i was told it was too subjective?
anyone doing poetry?
& what would you suggest/what are your ideas?
because my idea was: the life through the eyes of a young australian male - & to do a suite of poetry. or something like that.

BLEH! so many ideas running through my head! hahah.
& yes, we should all meet up & discuss ideas & chill :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)