Class of 2025 (2025 HSC CHAT) (1 Viewer)

banigul@30

HSC
what are you guys finding hard tho? i think sac is giving me the most struggle :/

t234

HSC
omg speaking of phys where can i find mod 2 harder questions?? ive done past papers so far but need moree because there arent that many yr11 papers

Aeonium

HSC
N/A
why is physics so hard bro like wtf
i agreee physics is so hard like what the heck my teachers so bad :mad:
which part about it specifically?
omg speaking of phys where can i find mod 2 harder questions?? ive done past papers so far but need moree because there arent that many yr11 papers
if you have friends who go tutoring they might have some good ones in there; if i remember i'll send some later

JiffyVFX

HSC
which part about it specifically?

if you have friends who go tutoring they might have some good ones in there; if i remember i'll send some later
Okay like I blame it on my teacher, he spent like an hour talking about calculating the change in velocity in two dimensions and I still don't get it and like my vector diagrams I swear the answers are always different to mine 😭

banigul@30

HSC
Okay like I blame it on my teacher, he spent like an hour talking about calculating the change in velocity in two dimensions and I still don't get it and like my vector diagrams I swear the answers are always different to mine 😭
how do you connect your vectors?

JiffyVFX

HSC
how do you connect your vectors?
Like yk v-u and then the u is minus so it gets flipped around but then my friend keeps telling me it's wrong and then I don't get like which way the resultant vector arrowhead is supposed to go

banigul@30

HSC
lols it is confusing but once you get the hang of it, youll do well

JiffyVFX

HSC
Does anyone have physics questions or a good place to get them because like my teachers slacking a bit and then he makes these google forms except that the questions make no sense and include content that we haven't learned yet 🙃

banigul@30

HSC
Like yk v-u and then the u is minus so it gets flipped around but then my friend keeps telling me it's wrong and then I don't get like which way the resultant vector arrowhead is supposed to go
idk if this helps, but you need to connect them from head to tail (like the head of the first one and the tail of the second one), and the resultant is always from the tail of your first vector to the head of your second. and when you are measuring the angle (in 2d) imagine the resultant vector coming from the origin of a cartesian plane

Aeonium

HSC
N/A
incoming yap fest:

okay so here's what i do personally (easier than tip to tail + cosine and more relevant to module 5)
so you can consider each vector kind of like a right angle triangle. you have TWO perpendicular components (cause phys only does 2d vectors)
so you want to break down each vector into and components using trigonometry.

for instance, a vector angled at 30 degrees above the horizon with a magnitude of, say, 45 can be broken down into the component parallel to the horizon and the component perpendicular to the horizon
. Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 8.12.45 pm.png

for this, the perpendicular component is given by while the parallel component is given by . with this, you can sum all the perpendicular components and parallel components separately and use pythagoreas to get the resultant (make sure to inverse tan the components to get the final vector)

example:
vector a has a magnitude of 75 and is pointing at N30E, vector B has a magnitude of 30 and is pointing at S45W.
Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 8.17.33 pm.png
you can sum the horizontal components as such:

and then vertical:

and then to get the resultant vector, you use pythagoreas and inverse tangent for direction

i suggest this method for two reasons
1. it's easier when you have many different vectors (collisions in module 2)
2. you will decompose vectors anyways in module 5 for projectile motion
ALSO I LOWKEY FORGOT BEARINGS BUT LIKE I HOPE THIS MADE SENSE 💀 you can also make a table of the x and y components.
EDIT: PLEASE DO NOT FORGET YOUR AXIS LABELS LIKE I DID HERE I'M TOO CEEBS TO DO ANYTHING

banigul@30

HSC
incoming yap fest:

okay so here's what i do personally (easier than tip to tail + cosine and more relevant to module 5)
so you can consider each vector kind of like a right angle triangle. you have TWO perpendicular components (cause phys only does 2d vectors)
so you want to break down each vector into and components using trigonometry.

for instance, a vector angled at 30 degrees above the horizon with a magnitude of, say, 45 can be broken down into the component parallel to the horizon and the component perpendicular to the horizon
. View attachment 42620

for this, the perpendicular component is given by while the parallel component is given by . with this, you can sum all the perpendicular components and parallel components separately and use pythagoreas to get the resultant (make sure to inverse tan the components to get the final vector)

example:
vector a has a magnitude of 75 and is pointing at N30E, vector B has a magnitude of 30 and is pointing at S45W.
View attachment 42621
you can sum the horizontal components as such:

and then vertical:

and then to get the resultant vector, you use pythagoreas and inverse tangent for direction

i suggest this method for two reasons
1. it's easier when you have many different vectors (collisions in module 2)
2. you will decompose vectors anyways in module 5 for projectile motion
ALSO I LOWKEY FORGOT BEARINGS BUT LIKE I HOPE THIS MADE SENSE 💀 you can also make a table of the x and y components.
EDIT: PLEASE DO NOT FORGET YOUR AXIS LABELS LIKE I DID HERE I'M TOO CEEBS TO DO ANYTHING
how is this different from tip to tail?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)