Class of 2025 (2025 HSC CHAT) (1 Viewer)

melanie_o

HSC
4u kids aren’t included in the 2u ranks submitted to nesa. the 1st rank submitted to nesa (and likewise all other ranks submitted to nesa) will always go to someone who isn’t doing 4u
This is a relief! I was getting worried since the students who are doing 3u (who will do 4U in term 4) got full marks but I got lower than that (a good mark but in historically my school only had the top 10 students in 2U get band 6 marks) Thank you for clarifying :).

ButteryNucleotide

HSC
guys how should i do past papers? i printed out some for maths adv, math ext, bio, n physics but i only have done up to module 2 for bio and physics. should i just do the questions i know then?

CeeTia

HSC
N/A
guys how should i do past papers? i printed out some for maths adv, math ext, bio, n physics but i only have done up to module 2 for bio and physics. should i just do the questions i know then?
Depends, is there a reason you're doing the past papers? i.e. studying for a test or studying beforehand in general? If it's for the first bit, then focus on the stuff you know. If it's the latter, just try as much as you can. It's good to expose yourself to a variety of different questions even from modules later on, so when you do get them later, you recognise and process things more quicker. Not saying to do them, but maybe trying to read + understand the question and check the answers to see how they got the answers even if you don't know the content might help in the long run

ButteryNucleotide

HSC
Depends, is there a reason you're doing the past papers? i.e. studying for a test or studying beforehand in general? If it's for the first bit, then focus on the stuff you know. If it's the latter, just try as much as you can. It's good to expose yourself to a variety of different questions even from modules later on, so when you do get them later, you recognise and process things more quicker. Not saying to do them, but maybe trying to read + understand the question and check the answers to see how they got the answers even if you don't know the content might help in the long run
i'm just studying in general, not for an exam or anything, thank you cee! i'll try them all :)

maxxxxx

HSC
i have a question but i guess this is very specific to people doing accelerated courses,
is it standard for accelerated students to get school-endorsed time off before HSC and Trials, especially given that normal year 12s will get a few weeks for trials or legit a month for hsc?
given that my two hsc exams are on mondays my school is trying to make so we dont get any but im curious to see what other schools do

carrotsss

HSC
i have a question but i guess this is very specific to people doing accelerated courses,
is it standard for accelerated students to get school-endorsed time off before HSC and Trials, especially given that normal year 12s will get a few weeks for trials or legit a month for hsc?
given that my two hsc exams are on mondays my school is trying to make so we dont get any but im curious to see what other schools do
i had just the day before my exams off

carrotsss

HSC
yeah same for my prelim last year, a day seems like too little tho, howd u juggle the start of yr12 and hsc at the same time?
i just focused mostly on my accelerated hsc beyond just doing the class work for y12 and then started grinding y12 afterwards. I didn’t study nearly enough for either though so I didn’t do great that term

WeiWeiMan

HSC
school tryna sabotage you fr

melanie_o

HSC
I am a rural student. I have resided in a rural area for 3 years (will be 4 next year) and for medical school, it states that rural entry is only available if you have resided in a rural area for 5 years consecutively, making me ineligible. I am very much still disadvantaged by my location but now I fear that I may not be able to go straight into an undergraduate medical degree when applying through the metropolitan scheme (my average school atar is about 60 and normally only one or two students get an ATAR above 90 each year). So I find it unreasonable that I need to apply and compete with city students considering I do not even live in a city! What should I do? I plan to live rurally after high school and serve the community as a doctor.

Last edited:

katiekms

HSC
I am a rural student. I have resided in a rural area for 3 years (will be 4 next year) and for medical school, it states that rural entry is only available if you have resided in a rural area for 5 years consecutively, making me ineligible. I am very much still disadvantaged by my location but now I fear that I may not be able to go straight into an undergraduate medical degree when applying through the metropolitan scheme (my average school atar is about 60 and normally only one or two students get an ATAR above 90 each year). So I find it unreasonable that I need to apply and compete with city students considering I do not event live in a city! What should I do? I plan to live rurally after high school and serve the community as a doctor.
idrk if this would even work but what if you defer or have a gap year then apply, making it 5 years? obviously idk the logistics i’m just throwing it out there lol

carrotsss

HSC
I am a rural student. I have resided in a rural area for 3 years (will be 4 next year) and for medical school, it states that rural entry is only available if you have resided in a rural area for 5 years consecutively, making me ineligible. I am very much still disadvantaged by my location but now I fear that I may not be able to go straight into an undergraduate medical degree when applying through the metropolitan scheme (my average school atar is about 60 and normally only one or two students get an ATAR above 90 each year). So I find it unreasonable that I need to apply and compete with city students considering I do not event live in a city! What should I do? I plan to live rurally after high school and serve the community as a doctor.
unlucky

melanie_o

HSC
idrk if this would even work but what if you defer or have a gap year then apply, making it 5 years? obviously idk the logistics i’m just throwing it out there lol
I've done some research and it seems like a good idea. Thank you for the advice, I really appreciate it. :)

iloveeggs

HSC
I am a rural student. I have resided in a rural area for 3 years (will be 4 next year) and for medical school, it states that rural entry is only available if you have resided in a rural area for 5 years consecutively, making me ineligible. I am very much still disadvantaged by my location but now I fear that I may not be able to go straight into an undergraduate medical degree when applying through the metropolitan scheme (my average school atar is about 60 and normally only one or two students get an ATAR above 90 each year). So I find it unreasonable that I need to apply and compete with city students considering I do not even live in a city! What should I do? I plan to live rurally after high school and serve the community as a doctor.
thats horrible, i hope things work out

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)