• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Class of 2025 (2025 HSC CHAT) (4 Viewers)

spiderfan44

HSC
I recently got my English prelim back. The main piece of feedback was that I was explaining the impact/effect on the responder rather than actually explaining how the text creates meaning. Sorry if I'm stupid, but could someone please explain the difference between these two things and how I would actually go about talking about meaning.

Also, how tf do I actually write a band 6 level essay like oml I'm screwed for hsc if I don't get a band 6 (since English counts and my dream course requires 99.50 ATAR) so I no joke need to do well. As in I am starting to panick, as I genuinely need to get to this calibre of essay quality.
tutoring if you have money, asking teachers for as much feedback as you can if youre broke. tip from me; when you have to do the multimodal component, use as many images as you can, preferably of those 'deep' boomer memes. i think i did an image every 15 seconds. also annotate ur quote and throw it up for a bit, my teachers liked that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)