Class of 2025 (2025 HSC CHAT) (1 Viewer)

xoNat

don't worry, be happy
HSC
Help!
It's been two weeks of prelim already (the fact that Year 12 is in around 9-10 months is incomprehensible!) and I feel fine for most of my classes except biology, for which I have a bone to pick. Specifically, it's the teacher (but I do not want to unknowingly defame them so I need confirmation). The teacher has been very insistent on independent study (which I know is a requirement of senior studies) but I feel like the amount of 'independent' learning is completely inappropriate for a high school student, more so for a university student. What I mean is that the teacher is essentially making us learn the content ourselves. At the start of each lesson, they'll go through the PowerPoint (not explaining the content, mind you) and just tell us which slides to go through. Then, we are expected to go through it ourselves.

I know that studying independently is required but in my biology class it is like we are our own teachers. I NEED TO BE TAUGHT! For example, we were just going through the fluid mosaic model but we had to learn it ourselves. The teacher didn't even give an overview! I understand that learning content by yourself is beneficial but we aren't even being 'taught'. I really need a band 6 in biology (due to the excessively high ATAR requirement for a med interview nowdays) and we supposedly have a practical task on module 1 (any tips would be greatly appreciated).

Am I just delusional or is this something that I should address. What should I do?
Talk to your teacher about your concerns

xoNat

don't worry, be happy
HSC
Help!
It's been two weeks of prelim already (the fact that Year 12 is in around 9-10 months is incomprehensible!) and I feel fine for most of my classes except biology, for which I have a bone to pick. Specifically, it's the teacher (but I do not want to unknowingly defame them so I need confirmation). The teacher has been very insistent on independent study (which I know is a requirement of senior studies) but I feel like the amount of 'independent' learning is completely inappropriate for a high school student, more so for a university student. What I mean is that the teacher is essentially making us learn the content ourselves. At the start of each lesson, they'll go through the PowerPoint (not explaining the content, mind you) and just tell us which slides to go through. Then, we are expected to go through it ourselves.

I know that studying independently is required but in my biology class it is like we are our own teachers. I NEED TO BE TAUGHT! For example, we were just going through the fluid mosaic model but we had to learn it ourselves. The teacher didn't even give an overview! I understand that learning content by yourself is beneficial but we aren't even being 'taught'. I really need a band 6 in biology (due to the excessively high ATAR requirement for a med interview nowdays) and we supposedly have a practical task on module 1 (any tips would be greatly appreciated).

Am I just delusional or is this something that I should address. What should I do?
Also while you self learn, write down all the questions you have and bring them to your teacher the next lesson. If you are able to, you should ask for marked feedback on questions you've attempted too/hw

Average Boreduser

๐™ฑ๐šŠ๐š—๐š—๐šŽ๐š
HSC
FYI Iโ€™m 16, because if you didnโ€™t already realise, you can fudge your hsc yr on your profile. Counter note. Stop acting big and โ€˜streetโ€™ behind a screen lmfao. You sound dumb asf

carrotsss

HSC
Help!

Your teacher is just being lazy lol

Cute-Duckie

HSC
Help!

Nah that's not normal, you definitely need to address that somehow.

C_master

HSC
FYI Iโ€™m 16, because if you didnโ€™t already realise, you can fudge your hsc yr on your profile. Counter note. Stop acting big and โ€˜streetโ€™ behind a screen lmfao. You sound dumb asf
Facts these stupid kids

rev668

HSC
dawg how can you not tell it was a joke, don't act like I'm weird when your faking being 54 too, that statement is insane anyway you ought to get persecuted

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)