Coronavirus/Covid-19 Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Would you take a coronavirus vaccine if it was available to you, and if so which would you prefer?

• No

Votes: 18 11.8%
  • Any vaccine

Votes: 19 12.4%
  • Pfizer

Votes: 47 30.7%
  • Astra Zeneca

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Already vaccinated with AZ

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Already vaccinated with Pfizer

Votes: 60 39.2%
  • Moderna

• Sputnik

• Janssen

• Novavax

• Total voters

cosmo 2

the head cheese
HSC
lols working is completely and utterly fucked, its some middle class delusion that most people like their jobs, even if they don't admit it their behaviour suggets otherwise when theyre given an option not to work

black slaves in the south used to say they liked being slaves too

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
I would rather get my salary without having to work than having to work for my salary.

But I would probably rather work than have the same amount of money as everyone else and not have to work

also if no non-rich people had to work I think the economy and society would change considerably in some positive and many negative ways

like imagine how many currently low-income workers would e.g. get drunk on a daily/nightly basis if they never had to get up early and go to work, and the externalities caused by this

Last edited:

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
I know a few colleagues that retired like 6 months into the pandemic, both fairly wealthy - one at retirement age, but the other in their 40s.

I reckon if it was business as usual, they would have stuck around longer. But the changes in working patterns made them re-evaluate if they actually needed to work. I think it was a great idea for one of them, but the other hasn't exactly been making good use of their time after retirement.

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
also the idea that vast swathes of the population not working (e.g. with a UBI) is a remotely viable option depends on us being able to outsource manufacturing to poor countries

which im not opposed to but worth keeping this in mind

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
But I would probably rather work than have the same amount of money as everyone else and not have to work
like imagine if where you live was randomly assigned and you had no way of avoiding living around ferals etc.

which is precisely the sort of thing that makes me want to have more money than other people

cosmo 2

the head cheese
HSC
also the idea that vast swathes of the population not working (e.g. with a UBI) is a remotely viable option depends on us being able to outsource manufacturing to poor countries

which im not opposed to but worth keeping this in mind
the idea though is that we wouldnt need to work so much if we simply didnt consume so much

obviously some things should still be produced, which will necessitate work (stuff that increases/maintains high life-expectancy, etc)

but imagine just how many labor hours would be freed up if people drove less, didnt buy a new car as much, didnt renovate their faggot kitchen every 10 years, etc. etc. so much consumption is impulse driven and really doesnt need to happen; it contributes to QoL in a very subjective sense to a great degree, and to the extent that the QoL improvements are real they are cancelled out by the fact that you have to work a lot more to 'acquire' them

Last edited:

Hiheyhello

HSC
the idea though is that we wouldnt need to work so much if we simply didnt consume so much

obviously some things should still be produced, which will necessitate work (stuff that increases/maintains high life-expectancy, etc)

but imagine just how many labor hours would be freed up if people drove less, didnt buy a new car as much, didnt renovate their faggot kitchen every 10 years, etc. etc. so much consumption is impulse driven and really doesnt need to happen; it contributes to QoL in a very subjective sense to a great degree, and to the extent that the QoL improvements are real they are cancelled out by the fact that you have to work a lot more to 'acquire' them
i lowkey agree with this because i’m idealistic….

let’s go back to the middle ages!

Hiheyhello

HSC
sounds good to me

medieval peasants lives werent even that bad, its a myth
for real though, they frolicked in fields, ate organic food and had a stroke if they travelled outside their village.

none of this, “rat race” business

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
we can never go back to truly simpler lifestyles on a society level scale (short of a NK style dictatorship)

the internet and other cultural/technological factors have changed things forever

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
I should be able to retire by end of 2022.

Live an ascetic life.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
"
Victoria unhappy about new Pfizer delays
Martin Foley says that states and territories have been advised by the commonwealth there will be delays in Pfizer supply next month. That news came at national cabinet yesterday.
I think all states and territories received the information that we didn’t want to hear that October allocations will be less than September.
Asked if he is frustrated, Foley says simply, “yes”."

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
CFMEU national construction secretary released a statement on Monday night accusing the crowd of being “infiltrated by neo-Nazis and other right wing extremist groups”.

integral95

HSC
Well this thread was a nice read...... what do you guys think about the shit that's been going on in Melbourne now?

We all know that NSW will be opening up from next month, since it basically has to. This will increase the hospitalisations in the short term at least (With the majority being the unvaxed) so that's a problem for them. I just hope that when the international border opens, there won't be a new vaccine-resistant variant coming to aussie. Apparently there's one in Japan.

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
lmaooooo anyone who thinks opening the borders isn't going to fuck all these plans to hell is delusional

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
ohhh noo there's a vaccine resistant mutation from overseas that's rapidly taking hold in australia ohh noooo how did this happen??? who could have possibly seen this coming????

oh well I guess we just let foreigners needlessly come to the country and bring in lockdown no. 457

because apparently foreigners coming to australia is more important than people's livelihoods not being destroyed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)