Cricket Season 2007/2008 (1 Viewer)

Muz4PM

HSC
clintmyster said:
hussey is like the only one without a hundred yet in this series yes? has he mustered a 50 yet?
Yes, he got one in the first innings of the first test. I don't think Symonds has got a hundred, nor Haddin, but Symonds has batted well when it has counted though.

u-borat

Banned
HSC
Dropping Hussey for katich based on a few tests against a very poor test team?
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

When we face the big guns, Katich's pisspoor techinque will got completely ripped apart by world-class bowlers...

Muz4PM

HSC
u-borat said:
Dropping Hussey for katich based on a few tests against a very poor test team?
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

When we face the big guns, Katich's pisspoor techinque will got completely ripped apart by world-class bowlers...
Katich has got runs against the poor team, Hussey hasn't.

Peartie

HSC
wuddie said:
ipl made it boring by taking all the players away from the test matches. a lot of countries have made the ultimatum to the players, its a us or them situation.

Hate to say you're wrong but every single Australian that was playing in the IPL that was selcted for the test team came back into the test team....the IPL is ICC Sactioned and therefore players can play in it and still play in their international team - which we have seen happen.... not one australian stayed with or went to the IPL after they were called up for the test team!

The ICL has taken a couple of players but none that would have been in the test team anyway.... from Australia that is....

Peartie

HSC
Re: Predicted NRL Top 8

Melbourne, Broncos, manly, sharks, titans, knights, tigers and dragons

thats in no order though.....

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
i wasn't talking about aust, rather, it is countries like england, sri lanka and so on.

to those who say we drop hussey for katich if hayden comes back, there is certainly a case for it and at this rate, it looks like the thing to do. it is hard to drop a notable player, but hussey hasn't made a century in a while. aust is a high performance team, you are expected to make runs; and if you don't, expect to be dropped no matter who you are. katich is no lesser of a batsman than hussey when he is in form, and right now, he is in the best shape of his career.

Peartie

HSC
england doesnt even have ne1 in the IPL - contracted players werent allowed to go...and im pretty sure most test teams, if not all, got their players back when there was an international game - thats the only reason it was sanctioned by the ICC - ensuring international teams take precedence......

Peartie

HSC
why not keep them both and make hayden fight his way back in :p i know that won't happen....i think that they are more likely to drop katich than hussey

other option: drop haddin, put Hussey in as keeper which hes had experience in and move katich down to number 4

Muz4PM

HSC
Peartie said:
why not keep them both and make hayden fight his way back in :p i know that won't happen....i think that they are more likely to drop katich than hussey

other option: drop haddin, put Hussey in as keeper which hes had experience in and move katich down to number 4
Hussey as keeper? I didn't know he kept, he really is Mr Cricket.

The thing about Hayden was, I think he was one of our best against the Indians, and really didn't do anything wrong, and was brought down by an injury, so he deserves his place back I think.

Peartie

HSC
Muz4PM said:
Hussey as keeper? I didn't know he kept, he really is Mr Cricket.
i seem to remember reading somewhere hes wicketkept....and people talking about it when gilly got injured during a game wondering why he kept playing when his keeping went down during the game because of the injury.....

danthemanly

HSC
having been following but how is haddin doing as keeper. is his performances up to scratch

HSC

1.) Broncos
2.) Manly
3.) Roosters
4.) Melbourne
5.) Sharks
6.) Eels
7.) Titans
8.) Penrith/Tigers (depends who is more consistent).

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad

Broncos, Manly, Melbourne, Roosters, Titans, Knights, Sharks, Tigers

(no particular order)

Peartie

HSC
i know....

im just putting forward all the possibilities.... he has been a keeper proper before...i doubt it would happen though.....

A High Way Man

all ova da world
HSC
S H I V N A R I N E Chanderpaul, hes my man, if he cant do it, no one can!

seriously, its in the fucking stars for that guy!

Muz4PM

HSC
Gee, the Windies are making a bit of a game of it. I doubt that they can beat Australia, chasing a record score, but funnier things have happened.

ledzeppelin

HSC
Muz4PM said:
Gee, the Windies are making a bit of a game of it. I doubt that they can beat Australia, chasing a record score, but funnier things have happened.
If Johnson's bowling, it's certainly a reachable target

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
With Katich's fielding it is very probable that the Windies will win.

ledzeppelin

HSC
wuddie said:
didn't he get a 4-fer in the last inning?
Yeah, and all of them were batsman 6 and down
Back to his best in the second innings though, 1 for 72 off 12 overs
Of his 34 Test wickets to date, only one of them has been bowled, while 30 have been caught

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)