Cricket Season 2007/2008 (1 Viewer)

Muz4PM

HSC
ledzeppelin said:
Yeah, and all of them were batsman 6 and down
Back to his best in the second innings though, 1 for 72 off 12 overs
Of his 34 Test wickets to date, only one of them has been bowled, while 30 have been caught
Lol.

A pretty good win by the Australians, although when chasing 400 in the final innings, your chances of winning are minimal at best. Johnson, as the above poster said, back to his best. Lee himself looked expensive going at 4 an over, bowling 8 no-balls and 3 wides, figures of 2/109 of 25.4. Clark back to the usual, 3/58 off 24.

The one who I am encouraged by is Beau Casson. He got carted in the first innings, but he came back to post the reasonable figures of 3/86 off 25. Two of the wikets he got were Marshall and Bravo, so no slouches with the bat. Hopefully we have found our long term spinning option in Casson.

Muz4PM

HSC
Awesome shot. I agree with Holding though, if he can do that and bat like a left hander for that one ball without telling the bowler, then he should either be punished or the bowler be able to change hands/go around the wicket without telling the batsman.

Peartie

HSC
a bowler able to bowl just as well with left and right hands would be a FREAK! that being said, I agree - if batter can change, bowler shouldnt have to tell umpire if theyre going over or around

Peartie

HSC
as it says in the article - what about LBW's as well...I think that if they let the batsman do it, sure its hard to do and not many can do it as well as he did, but make them say im going to change sides....it would be awkward for the umpires if it was wide and they had to decide...leg side or not leg side, similarly for lbw decisions.......

Peartie

HSC
but then when the ball strikes him on a pad and its going down the "leg" side - ie the new leg side should that be an LBW when in normal circumstances its slightly easier....

and the suprise issue - a bowler could then suprise the batsman with what theyre doing, whether over or around - its the same issue again

but good on KP for being able to play like that...

Muz4PM

HSC
If I was fast enough, I would just bowl him a bouncer if I saw him hinting to do it. I would like to see him try and hook it, if not, you have scared him from doing it again.

In regards to left hand right hand leg side. I think that for the batsman the side he changes to is his leg side, but I think should still be regarded as his off side. The bowler doesn't know that the batsman is planning on moving so he bowls what he thinks the normal batsman would play and should not be disadvantaged because the batsman can change hands.

Did that make sense?

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
t20 turned into an 11over non-match. where will it stop? a bowler gets paid to bowl 12 bowls, and still managed to get 3 no balls.

t20 is becoming a disgrace.

Muz4PM

HSC
ledzeppelin said:
T20's just a joke
Do you think the players really care about the result?
I think that they should want to win, after all you are playing for your country, but also your possible future one day/test spot, although, I don't think they take it as seriously as they do test or one day cricket.

I think the selectors did a good job, picking only a few experienced players and including a fair few fringe players, to allow them to prove themselves in a less pressured environment. The thing that seemed to have lost the Austrlaian's the game was the bowling of Lee and Johnson, their economy rates were large, even for T20 standards.

Last edited:

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
with 25 overs, you can sort of bash it out like yet another t20. what can you demonstrate with a 11 overs match? is the result just a piece of luck or a true reflection of skills?

do you want me to go on?

i knew you are not that bright, but you just have to spare yourself the embarassment sometimes.

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
wuddie said:
i knew you are not that bright, but you just have to spare yourself the embarassment sometimes.
LOL! :D

wuddie said:
t20 turned into an 11over non-match. where will it stop? a bowler gets paid to bowl 12 bowls, and still managed to get 3 no balls.

t20 is becoming a disgrace.
OH NOES! ITS A DISGRACE!

Lol. Wuddie, I picture you as a guy that loves to watch ACA and TT.

Loosen up buddy, you don't need to debate everything here, all the time.

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
wuddie said:
Um dude, Exphate =/= NTB or Enteebee.

:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)