Cricket Season 2007/2008 (2 Viewers)

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
A High Way Man said:
walking is not cheating, but its clear enough that ponting and clarke are grade a dickheads.
Well said.

It's sad that such a top class cricketer stays in the field when he knows and admits to the press later that he was infact, OUT. It's sad that he doesn't have the sportmanship to walk when he knows he's out. Atleast Gilly was man enough to do that.

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
rnitya_25 said:
Well said.

It's sad that such a top class cricketer stays in the field when he knows and admits to the press later that he was infact, OUT. It's sad that he doesn't have the sportmanship to walk when he knows he's out. Atleast Gilly was man enough to do that.
and which indian player has walked at any point in history? i am all for honesty and in this case, walking when you know you're out. but if one chooses to be competitive and preys on umpire's mistakes, it is also fine by me.

india has managed to use their financial influence to force the ICC to drop bucknor for the series. they may also get away with singh's charges.

this article really sums up the situation for me.
http://www.smh.com.au/news/cricket/...empts-at-ransom/2008/01/08/1199554654170.html

it is really disappointing that something so minute in the context of such a wonderful match has been blown up tenfold, all because of the media frenzy. all these going on could have been done behind closed doors, until a resolution has come out.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
I felt some sympathy for Harbajan until I saw this video which basically proves, he is indeed a giant arsehole and a racist:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3Ms37yt3lg

Welp, clean bowled, doesn't get off the pitch and says "fuck you" loud enough for anyone within 200m to hear.

Poor Mr Singh.

A High Way Man

all ova da world
HSC
jb_nc said:
I felt some sympathy for Harbajan until I saw this video which basically proves, he is indeed a giant arsehole and a racist:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3Ms37yt3lg

Welp, clean bowled, doesn't get off the pitch and says "fuck you" loud enough for anyone within 200m to hear.

Poor Mr Singh.
but theres a difference between someone being a genuine arsehole and someone trying to be one

none of the indian team have it in them (except maybe sreeshanth), no indian cricketer has ever had it in them really. its just this whole 'aggressive on the field' approach; the players trying to give back what they get from austraian players (where sledging is ingrained in the sporting culture). its a bit fake.

harbhajan gave lee a pat on the arse, cause i think at the time Lee was leaking some runs. roy comes up to him and probably had a few words to say (gay joke anyone) and harbhajan replied with monkey. not racist

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
A High Way Man said:
but theres a difference between someone being a genuine arsehole and someone trying to be one

none of the indian team have it in them (except maybe sreeshanth), no indian cricketer has ever had it in them really. its just this whole 'aggressive on the field' approach; the players trying to give back what they get from austraian players (where sledging is ingrained in the sporting culture). its a bit fake.

harbhajan gave lee a pat on the arse, cause i think at the time Lee was leaking some runs. roy comes up to him and probably had a few words to say (gay joke anyone) and harbhajan replied with monkey. not racist
So his conduct is excusable because he's only "trying" to be an arsehole?

Paj20

HSC
withoutaface said:
And Harbhajan's an A-Grade Racist, and Tendulkar's an A-Grade ball tamperer. What's your point?
Exactly, the whole indian crowd and Mumbai were Racist so dont try and say none on the team are. Symonds is a fair hard player and he wouldnt accuse him for saying that if he didnt...?

Oh and ofcourse Symonds new he was out in the interview after hed seen the replay.. Pontings legside appeal was obviously not out when you saw the replay..

Dont you remember Dravid clean edging it and him standing there with his head down or Habajans stupid carry on getting ponting out which further enforced the tension between the teams.

The indians are so passionate about cricket that they cant stand to be constantly beaten, so have turned to means of Racism and such, i think that much is preety obvious.

jb_nc

HSC
N/A
A High Way Man said:
Yeah. I guess that's why four Indian fans were suspended for making monkey gestures. Not racist, police say (btw they didn't say that).

How fucking stupid do you have to be to think "monkey" is a polite form of address after a blackfellah tells you he finds it offensive and to stop? In what world is this okay to call someone a racist slur on the cricket field?

jb_nc

HSC
N/A
jb_nc said:
In what world is this okay to call someone a racist slur on the cricket field?
Planet of the Apes?

A High Way Man

all ova da world
HSC
If he said it:

1. singh said something stupid that may be perceived as racist; but i am confident HE is not a racist and does not think such things unless provoked.
2. the indians won't hack it and will bring world cricket to a halt.
3. the australian captain exploited the situation for (personal) gain

If he didn't say it

1. the australian captain exploited the situation for (personal) gain

A High Way Man

all ova da world
HSC
Paj20 said:
soo yehh???... Which bit are you talking about the so called edge where there was no noise until the ball was past the bat on snicko and no defelction, only late swing
lol.. are you saying the legside appeal wasn't out? theres a massive artifact waveform on the middle of the snickometer, that's the edge.. the next frame where the ball appears past the bat corresponds to the end of the snickometer.
im pretty sure that was out man.

CharlieB

?uestlove
HSC
Paj20 said:
Exactly, the whole indian crowd and Mumbai were Racist so dont try and say none on the team are
wtf.

Since when do the spectators thoughts/actions reflect that of a team? Everytime Murali comes down we give him alot of shit. I remember a couple of years ago he vowed never to play again in Australia.

Paj20 said:
Oh and ofcourse Symonds new he was out in the interview after hed seen the replay
Symonds knew immediately that he was out after he knicked that ball. He didn't have to look at a replay. (Paraphrasing the news conference on the 2nd day of play)
Paj20 said:
Pontings legside appeal was obviously not out when you saw the replay..
He was out dude
Paj20 said:
Dont you remember Dravid clean edging it and him standing there with his head down or Habajans stupid carry on getting ponting out which further enforced the tension between the teams.
He deserved to celebrate as he did. Ponting and Harb have had an epic battle. And harbajan came out on top.
Paj20 said:
The indians are so passionate about cricket that they cant stand to be constantly beaten, so have turned to means of Racism and such, i think that much is preety obvious.
u srs?

jb_nc

HSC
N/A
You guys should write a book. Racism and How To Be an Apologist For It by Indian Cricket Fans everywhere.

Chapter 1: Why Brown People Cannot be Racist no matter what.
Chapter 2: How to Pretend it's Not Racist in Your Culture.
Chapter 3: How to Point Out The Real Racist is the Person that's been slurred against.
Chapter 4: Cry Sook and Winge about How You've Been Made a Scapegoat: A 10 point Guide.

Paj20

HSC
CharlieB said:
wtf.

Since when do the spectators thoughts/actions reflect that of a team? Everytime Murali comes down we give him alot of shit. I remember a couple of years ago he vowed never to play again in Australia.

Symonds knew immediately that he was out after he knicked that ball. He didn't have to look at a replay. (Paraphrasing the news conference on the 2nd day of play)

He was out dude

He deserved to celebrate as he did. Ponting and Harb have had an epic battle. And harbajan came out on top.

u srs?
How can you say they were out?? Did they umpire give them outt?? im sure they were alot closer and had alot better view then you..

Paj20

HSC
jb_nc said:
You guys should write a book. Racism and How To Be an Apologist For It by Indian Cricket Fans everywhere.

Chapter 1: Why Brown People Cannot be Racist no matter what.
Chapter 2: How to Pretend it's Not Racist in Your Culture.
Chapter 3: How to Point Out The Real Racist is the Person that's been slurred against.
Chapter 4: Cry Sook and Winge about How You've Been Made a Scapegoat: A 10 point Guide.
lol!! preety much:p

Paj20

HSC
CharlieB said:
wtf.

CharlieB said:
Yes but they wernt Racist, just yelling out no ball and stuff, which is completely acceptable because seriosly Sri Lanka qstioned lee's and Tait's action.....

Paj20

HSC
Just wondering...

Since the two captains made a pact at the beginning of the game to honestly say whether they thought certain things were out.. to save the third umpire inclusion on certian dismassals, why all the Indians went up so loudly when ponting Largely edged it into his pad, i mean the guys in close had to of seen him edge it it was obvious from the tv and so would of habajan... just sums up the spirit they play the game in i guess....

kenny.

HSC
This is getting really annoying. A similar thing happened in the A-League with the racism thing where someone called another person a 'monkey'. The player rightly got fined, reprimanded (he would get suspended for 2 matches if he gets a yellow card in his next match) and apologised.
Why can't the Indian cricket ppl just accept it? They may as well get rid of the racism law/rule coz then any team could pull out the 'the other team didn't play in the right spirit' therefore our player shouldn't be suspended for making racsist remarks or else we'll just go home trick.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)