Deadlift (1 Viewer)

A High Way Man

all ova da world
HSC
what is Rippetoe's routine , how is it different to the average routine (ie: monday chest, tuesday shoulders, wednesday bi's and tri's)

Boxes

Banned
HSC
just save bos bandwidth and put it in ur sig.

that way u can be a showoff in every post u make.

ive had my fair share of impressiveness, i dont feel the need to tell the internet about it :/
tell us

HSC
haaaaahahahahahahhahahaha
strong unaware...

what is Rippetoe's routine , how is it different to the average routine (ie: monday chest, tuesday shoulders, wednesday bi's and tri's)
Rippetoe is a program designed by a powerlifting champion named Mark Rippetoe to introduce athletes to the weightroom.

It differs from your average routine because it uses full body splits and compound exercises with a focus on progression. For example:

Sun: Off
Mon: Workout A
Tues: Off
Wed: Workout B
Thur: Off
Fri: Workout A
Sat: Off
(alternate workout A & B the following week)

Workout A:
- Squat: 3x5
- Bench: 3x5
- Deadlift: 3x5

Workout B
- Squat: 3x5
- Overhead press: 3x5
- Powerclean: 5x3

The program is base don this: If you can increase these exercises which use the majority of your musculature (part. your squat) your body as a whole will grow bigger and stronger. As a noob you can squat x3 a week without it being an issue because your body is adapting and you dont lift much.

People say that its a strength routine but if you eat you will grow - Rip recommends you drink 4L of milk a day.

Once you milk the program for all its worth you move up to 5x5 (a different program which employs dual factor theory which basically all athletes use, part. rugby and grid iron players).

Here's the write-up: http://startingstrength.wikia.com/wiki/The_Starting_Strength_Novice/Beginner_Programs

Last edited:

runoutofsleep

AUTISM IS NOT HOLLAND
HSC
how is it different to the average routine.. ie.. why is it 3/4 exercises over and over again? is it better than what every1 else does?
iirc it's meant to be good for athletes etc or just as a basic strength training routine. it includes big compound exercises that use lots of muscle groups simultaneously. it's mainly designed for strength as opposed to a bodybuilding routine which isolates muscle groups more (although you will still gain size on the routine)

edit: also, what cannibal horse said

russs

yeeeee
HSC
I've seen Frank Yang stuff, he is talented. His standing vertical leaps/jumps are fu****g ridiculous.

A bit concerned about his mental state tho :rofl:

HSC
I've seen Frank Yang stuff, he is talented. His standing vertical leaps/jumps are fu****g ridiculous.

A bit concerned about his mental state tho :rofl:
You seen that one where he drinks a gallon of milk, eats 9 bananas and then does a 5 mile sprint? :eek:

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
I never do deadlifts or squats for the fact that it's dangerous.

quik.

HSC
They arn't dangerous if you put the time in to learning proper form and have the right equipment. If you don't have safety bars then you need spotters for squatting but if you have safeties, doesn't matter if you miss a lift.

HSC
Olympic lifts are dangerous huh?

And weight training causes 0.0064% of all sporting injuries in america, as compared to 6% for soccer (and most injuries occur from people benching at home alone)...

Here, have some negs for being a dumbass.

Boxes

Banned
HSC

And weight training causes 0.0064% of all sporting injuries in america, as compared to 6% for soccer (and most injuries occur from people benching at home alone)...

he's not talking about weight training in general, he's just referring to those specific exercises.

HSC
he's not talking about weight training in general, he's just referring to those specific exercises.
If it were the case that deadlifts and squats did damage then there would be a much higher injury rate.

Both squats and deadlifts are a natural motion - human beings have been squatting below parellel and lifting shit from the ground long before dumbasses ever came up with the idea that its dangerous to squat.

Squats and deadlifts are all olympic lifts, there are people who do them everyday who you can watch every year when the olympics come out and most of them have long and successful careers.

Other bs myths I will neg on sight: High protein diets (30% or greater of calorie intake) are 'bad', overhead presses are 'bad for the shoulders' and that if you do squat you shouldn't go below parellel.

Boxes

Banned
HSC
no no, i'm not disagreeing with you. any weight lifting is dangerous if not done in proper form.

i was just trying to clarify his post.

quik.

HSC

Neither deadlift or squat is an olympic lift, as far as I know. Powerlifting yes. Olympic lifts (clean and jerk etc) ARE some of the most dangerous lifts you can attempt imo, there are so many technical aspects to keep track of.

Boxes

Banned
HSC
Neither deadlift or squat is an olympic lift, as far as I know. Powerlifting yes. Olympic lifts (clean and jerk etc) ARE some of the most dangerous lifts you can attempt imo, there are so many technical aspects to keep track of.
agreed.

olympic lifts definitely are the most dangerous.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)