• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Did anybody else's school make the worng decision about the trials? (3 Viewers)

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC
Hahahaha... oh man.

My school always puts its formals on weekdays so we're less likely to booze it up, etc. The outer west public schools are fantastic.
Our formal is on a Wednesday but it's a few days after the last HSC exam so

PISS UP WOOOO HOOOOOOOO

(not really, maybe just one or two. Or ten if you're Hayden)

irvine

USYD 2011 :D
HSC

PISS UP WOOOO HOOOOOOOO

lol apparently nobody is hosting the after party, so there will be zero.
or it'll just be king edward park...

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
Re: Did anybody else's school make the wrong decision about the trials?

PISS UP WOOOO HOOOOOOOO

Does your school issue things in newsletters, etc. that they "don't endorse an after party"? Mine does. It's always daaaaamn funny reading about that the teachers make it *so* obvious they know the kids are getting drunk.

Methinks there should be a formal thread made.

Mehae

HSC
yea ours are the first 2 weeks back in term 3, so essentially only 1 term left!!!

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC

YES my school is soooooo religious so they get so hung up about dressing conservatively and not drinking.. they send every parent a letter outlining the dangers of hosting a party ("it could get out of hand and the police could come!! dear lord!) etcetc and they even recommend contacting the school for advice if you chose to have a party AS IF FREAKING NUNS KNOW HOW TO PARTY WTF
Hahaha....

You have nuns?

brendroid

HSC

Mine is similar releehw. They say no after parties -_-

Chances of that stopping us? Probably slim.

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
Ohhhhh man.

You're a non-believer too. That must suck.

Actually, thinking about that, I don't think I've ever met a reverend/father/holy person of the sort. Weird.

irvine

HSC

My old school was so religious they actually said "a year 10 formal isn't a very christian thing, instead we're going to have an achievement ceremony (with parents and compulsory school uniform)".

Very glad I got out of there when I did. As for my school now, the closest we got was a stern talking to regarding alcohol at the last school dance lol

assiduous

HSC

Alcohol? Fair enough, since we're actually underage, albeit the few 18 year olds in year 12. :)

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC
lol apparently nobody is hosting the after party, so there will be zero.
or it'll just be king edward park...
Haha, 99.99% Saz will end up giving in. She loves us :haha:

YES my school is soooooo religious so they get so hung up about dressing conservatively and not drinking.. they send every parent a letter outlining the dangers of hosting a party ("it could get out of hand and the police could come!! dear lord!) etcetc and they even recommend contacting the school for advice if you chose to have a party AS IF FREAKING NUNS KNOW HOW TO PARTY WTF
What? I want Nuns at my school too, I feel ripped off!

irvine

HSC

Alcohol? Fair enough, since we're actually underage, albeit the few 18 year olds in year 12. :)
yeah, not only the underage year 12s were drinking, but they were giving it to the 11 year old year 7s.
it seems like a "coming of age" thing but the pushy parents/principal don't seem to agree haha

Last edited:

irvine

HSC
Haha, 99.99% Saz will end up giving in. She loves us :haha:

What? I want Nuns at my school too, I feel ripped off!
Um 1. She made it clear at formal committee that this will not be the case (wow, I am so homo?) and 2. I'm absolutely disgusted by your second statement :p

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
nope. not my school. I feel sorry for you Dragonmaster. for some reason, your school sounds very unorganised.

ATAR_boy

HSC
nope. not my school. I feel sorry for you Dragonmaster. for some reason, your school sounds very unorganised.
Good point. Some schools, even selective ones have the most laziest teachers ever. Oh well, the top students will find the trials much easier as the teachers simply cannot put in questions from a dot-point they havent taught in class.

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Just a point about schools not endorsing 'after parties' it is a legal thing.

If a school doesn't make it clear, preferably in writing to the parents, that the 'after party' has nothing to do with the school and something goes wrong then the school is liable but by sending out letters, putting it in newsletters etc the school is making a legal distinction between the formal event that they have a say in organising and an 'after party' which hasn't the endorsement of the school.

I didn't understand why my boss starting sending out those letters about 10 years ago so I asked him and that is the reply. It is the same reason that many schools (if not most) don't actually give out information about 'schoolies' - so as there is no way the school can be held accountable it something goes wrong.

If a student is injured at the formal, for instance, the school's insurance covers it but if it happens at the 'after party' the school's insurance doesn't cover it as the school has made it clear that they don't have anything to do with the 'after party' - the organiser of that party is legally liable.

brendroid

HSC
There's a difference though between not endorsing it and saying pretty outright 'you're not allowed to have one'.

And I'm not sure about most schools, but I know some schools where teachers are parents. And I'm not 100% sure about this, but some parents may be the hosts to after parties.

irvine

HSC
There's a difference though between not endorsing it and saying pretty outright 'you're not allowed to have one'.

And I'm not sure about most schools, but I know some schools where teachers are parents. And I'm not 100% sure about this, but some parents may be the hosts to after parties.
It would take a special kind of parent to host an after party - they're notoriously the dirtiest ones (At our prelim one people started like 3 fires and we had a knife out the back).

I thought it was usually whoever's parents had gone away hosted it lol

brendroid

HSC
I guess it can also depend on the school - if it's far more academic in nature and not so 'rebellious' it might be a more relaxed one. Chances of that? Slim lol

But how bad things could get is dependant on the students. *shrug*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)