Do HSC english markers change every year? (1 Viewer)

o_0

HSC
Do HSC english markers change every year?

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
I'm not 100% sure - but I believe teachers apply for it? So if they want to go, they're able to. Depends on whether or not the teacher wants to do it again. Some teachers do it every year, some do it every now and then.

enoilgam

HSC
I'm not 100% sure - but I believe teachers apply for it? So if they want to go, they're able to. Depends on whether or not the teacher wants to do it again. Some teachers do it every year, some do it every now and then.
This. Most teachers do it for the extra money and to boost there rep. The former is the most common reason.

unknown88

HSC
N/A
no, so if you have some essay from last year, ur likely to get owned for plagiarism
Will you actually remember an essay you marked last year and not to mention you marked most likely over 500 + essays your going to remember one from last year = ='

BOSBOY

HSC
N/A
There must be a minimum of 10% new markers in every subject each year.

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
It is recommended that there be a 10% turnover in each subject every year but sometimes that isn't possible as there simply aren't the number of applicants in a subject to allow that to happen - which is why people like me end up marking for nearly 20 years straight.

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
have you ever given 0 for an essay?
Yes but it isn't easy - with Modern History and I assume all other subjects to give a 0 requires the marker to get the approval of their SM. It is really hard to give a zero if someone has made some attempt at the question - even just rewriting the question will get 1 mark.

o_0

HSC
Yes but it isn't easy - with Modern History and I assume all other subjects to give a 0 requires the marker to get the approval of their SM. It is really hard to give a zero if someone has made some attempt at the question - even just rewriting the question will get 1 mark.
under what circumstances will you award a 0?

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
under what circumstances will you award a 0?
If the answer has made no attempt to actually answer the question asked e.g. if the question is about German foreign policy in the 30s and they are writing about American problems dealing with the depression. In other words it has to be totally erroneous.

yours

HSC
Do you have to get SM approval to give a 20? (or full marks on an essay)

fh1993

HSC
Will i get caught out if i memorise my mates creative writing piece from last year?

Skriker

HSC
My english tutor is a really experienced HSC marker but apparently he got rejected because they want new young markers as they will be the next generation of markers.

SO basically they will be changed this year making it easier for us :)

therefore my tutor thinks he is getting to old.......lulz :)

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
My english tutor is a really experienced HSC marker but apparently he got rejected because they want new young markers as they will be the next generation of markers.

SO basically they will be changed this year making it easier for us :)

therefore my tutor thinks he is getting to old.......lulz :)
Some will be changed but the majority will have been there last year. It won't make it easier as the more experienced markers will bring the newer ones up to standard very quickly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)