• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Do you believe in God? (2 Viewers)

Do you believe in God?

• Total voters

lebo_cunt

Banned
HSC
Re: Do you believe is God?

wtf are u u stupid infidel u think theres no god? haha we'll c whos worryin when i get to the gates of allah's kingdom n ur burnin in hell with all the jinn

HSC
Uni Grad

Answer "Who made God?" without saying something like 'He was always here'. You use God to explain our origins, but if you can't explain God's origins you are contradicting yourself.
but he's magic m8, he doesnt need an origin

Jaundice

Banned
HSC
N/A

Answer "Who made God?" without saying something like 'He was always here'. You use God to explain our origins, but if you can't explain God's origins you are contradicting yourself.
um god has ALWAYS existed. he is almighty and magical. ffs.

Jaundice

Banned
HSC
N/A

srsly.

God just made science to give us some independance and make us think we have power.

dinosaurs arent real.

Jaundice

Banned
HSC
N/A

Dinosaurs are a plant by god.

only true believers know this.

abbeyroad

HSC
N/A

I'm a true believer but how come I didn't know this?

LonelyWolf

HSC

religous people are fucking idiots, mostly christians. but i do understand that society, moral and ethics were built mainly on christianity and that is also to have some religion, even if you think its bullshit. It does keep a balance, i couldnt imagine a world without religion.

abbeyroad

HSC
N/A

I would say you lack imagination then

HelenaJean

HSC

The results of this poll just gave me a little hope for humanity.
No, and i think less of people when i learn that they do believe.

ibbi00

HSC

LOL, you clearly haven't seen the Facebook poll.
2.6 million answering with a yes as opposed to 282k with a no.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A

I personally would prefer to see the breakdown of those that believe i.e Christian, Jewish, Muslim, Hindu etc. Obviously a belief in God is different for all these people. Would show far more than simply as y/n answer.

HelenaJean

HSC

this would represent the more intelligent portion of the population though i imagine. The educated one's that value knowledge and success. Facebook is depressing at the very best of times lol!
Religion is important; people freak the f*** out without divine direction, they need it to function. I view it as a necessary evil.
But that's my view, not worth any more or less than yours, whatever it is.

ademayd

HSC

if engineers engineer everything who engineers engineers

Azure

Premium Member
HSC

Why is there so much propaganda in this thread?

It is insanely annoying when I know people are merely posting links in an attempt to convert others rather than engage in a reasonable debate.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC

It makes me very uneasy that people bring reason and evidence into their justification for their religious beliefs. They'll say, look at all this evidence 'miracles of the quran/bible', teleological argument etc...' But then on the other hand, to totally accept what is being said as true, you have to accept faith based leaps here, here and here. The casual mixing and switching between two different epistemology's at their convenience, this epistemology of convenience is so odious. Any problem should only be approached with one theory of knowledge, you don't fill the gaps with a new epistemology where the old one can't quite cover it.

By the logic in your first question, I could also argue that God has existed forever. My belief is derived from the principle that something creates something, and nothing creates nothing.
Here is an example of something coming from nothing
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_fluctuation

Say you accept this idea that the universe is initiated by a force, this only leads to at most the god of einstein and carl sagan -"God to be essentially the sum total of the physical laws which describe the universe." - It's an argument only for an unknown initiating force creating the physical laws, not for any necessary relationship between this force and humanity - "This God is emotionally unsatisfying... it does not make much sense to pray to the law of gravity."

Which other book in the history of mankind has been composed by authors hundreds of years apart, yet managed to flow together so smoothly while simultaneously predicting world events?
It flows together because the authors read each others work, they weren't writing in a vacuum. Large parts of the gospels of matthew, mark, luke are identical, directly lifted from each other. Revelations is nothing like the other books of the new testament.

What would be more impressive than a temporal difference in authorship, would be a spatial difference. It's funny how god clustered all his prophets and authors regionally

For example, it can be argued that the disintegration and subsequent rise of the state of Israel was foretold in the bible years before it actually happened.
Incredible postdiction

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)