Do you believe in God? (1 Viewer)

Do you believe in God?

• Total voters

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
One of the hallmarks of schizophrenia, is thinking that you don't have schizophrenia.

Most schizophrenics don't hear voices, perceiving an imperceptible presence sounds exactly like schizophrenia.

RANK 1

HSC
Re: Do you believe is God?

3) Nietzsche also said 'If God exists and does not helpthose who suffer then he is a monster; and if he cannot help them, he is not God, he does not exist'.
it was epicurus who first wrote that by the way, Nietzsche was just copying him

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
In the DSM definition of delusion, they have to include the proviso that if an idea is shared by a large enough group of people, it is not criteria for a mental illness.

Because otherwise people's religious beliefs are indistinguishable from the delusions of schizophrenics.

If a single individual has irrational religious ideas, then we often lock them up for their own safety and the safety of others. But when the very same delusion is held en masse, society wide delusions, we allow them to run state, economy, security.

boris

Banned
HSC

That does sound pretty bs.

im insane I'm a girl and no it's not. I don't hear voices or anything, I just feel the spirit of the community and the Church and God.
wat

boris

Banned
HSC
One of the hallmarks of schizophrenia, is thinking that you don't have schizophrenia.

Most schizophrenics don't hear voices, perceiving an imperceptible presence sounds exactly like schizophrenia.
^ this guy knows

boris

Banned
HSC

Why do I believe in God?
That's a pretty personalquestion don't you think?
1) Humansa haven't ALWAYS been aweful human beings. And people always focus on the awefulness of human beings but we can be pretty good too.
2) Free will, is freedom. It's the freedom to sin, which we all have, but it's also the freedom to ask and get frogiveness for those sins.
3) Nietzsche also said 'If God exists and does not helpthose who suffer then he is a monster; and if he cannot help them, he is not God, he does not exist'. I like looking at people like Nietzsche and Satre and Kant, people who want proof of the existence of God because don't think I haven't wanted to know for sure as well.
I was born into a Christian family; Church on Sunday and all that jazz. I guess I started my questioning when I was about 11 and was abused, an event which has makes me suffer everyday.
And it's true, how can God, who is powerful and all allow suffering? This year I watched the death of my brother happen before my eyes and that question came up again. So how can I believe in God, who allows suffering?
I believe in God because he gave me life, and allows me the freedom to reject him which is more than anyone can promise me. My parents, my friends, my boyfriend, when I reject them take a long time to forgive me, if they ever do.
But God forgives me, and that is all I need to know. Unconditional love, something that no parent or friend or boyfriend has ever been able to give to me. And let's not forget that it was the same sinfullness that God created that killed his son (who's existence has actually been proven). We rejcted him. I reject him. But he rose from the dead and that is a pretty powerful gift. If you don't believe in the ressurrection, take it as literature. What does the resurrection mean? It means that Jesus spat in the face of death, of suffering. That's how our freedom is guaranteed. We don't have to suffer, we don't have to sin because Jesus made sure that no one would ever have to die for their sins, because he did that for us.
Of course, the Genesis and Exodus are stories, I don't take them literally. I take them as literature, and that is how they resonate in me.
But then again, this is me, it's not you. If you don't want to believe it's your choice.
wat

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
yeah okay comments suggest this was actually the result of a tanker explosion

RANK 1

HSC
lol this comment
islam is a horrible ideology for human rights

5 key things about islam

1. mythical beliefs – all religions have these (faith) because its part of being a religion: having beliefs without proof until after the believer dies. the problem is people will believe almost anything.

2. totalitarianism – islam has no seperation of church and state: sharia law governs all. there is no free will in islam: only submission to the will of allah as conveniently determined by the imams who spew vapors to feather their own nests. there are no moderate muslims: they all support sharia law.

3. violence – islam leads the pack of all religions in violent tenets for their ideology & history: having eternal canonical imperatives for supremacy at all costs and calling for violence & intimidation as basic tools to achieve these goals.

4. dishonesty – only islam has dishonesty as a fundamental tenet: this stems from allah speaking to mohamhead & abrogation in the koran which is used to explain how mo’s peaceful early life was superseded by his warlord role later.

5. misogyny – present day islam is still rooted in 8th century social ethics: treating females as property of men good only for children, severely limiting their activities, dressing them in shower curtains and worse.

conclusions ??

there really are NO redeeming qualities for this muddled pile of propaganda.

islam is just another fascist totalitarian ideology used by power hungry fanatics on yet another quest for worldwide domination and includes all the usual human rights abuses & suppression of freedoms.
the main difference between islam and christianity is that christianity evolves with the world over the years so it doesnt seem crazy

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
God doesn't exist because if he did he wouldn't have allowed HSC English to be a subject much less be compulsory.

Haemolymph

Banned
HSC

batshit insane lol
That's a very offensive comment, coming from someone who's mother is a filthy bitch.

That's also a hallmark of not having schizophrenia. No one that doesn't have schizophrenia isn't going to think that they have schizophrenia.
No, it's not. Stop being so close-minded. Open you ears and the lord shall speak to you.

Haemolymph, you're trolling right?
No.

That's not even funny.

AAEldar

Premium Member
HSC

Now now, a debate is always good but there's no reason to start personal attacks.

boris

Banned
HSC

who said it was funny i was saying what because i didnt see that the first time lol and it would influence a persons thinking a lot
grow up kid

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)