Do you like english (1 Viewer)

DO YOU LIKE ENGLISH (THE SUBJECT)

• Total voters

Finx

HSC
I meant arguing figuratively in forums like these as well as with friends and family.

yourmumishere.

HSC
I dont like english.
Its SOOO boring.

all we do is bludge.
it'd be funner if we could actually do something.

but yeah.
i guess it depends on what teachers you have.

jaaaaay

HSC
the-derivative said:
I totally agree with this post. The skills you use in English in everyday life ARE NOT taught or tested in the Senior HSC English Course - they are skills which are taught in JUNIOR ENGLISH. I think I can be successful in life without learning romantic poetry, analysing films or reading shakespeare - I mean I have not learnt one skill in English which would be useful to me in future life.
The skills you learn in junior high school are developed further in year 11 and 12. The reason you study such areas as Shakespeare, Postmodernism, poetry and cinematography is because if you are able to articulate yourself with regards to such complex themes, you bring a new dimension to the language; a development significantly more sophisticated than learning the structure of an essay form, newspaper article or letter.

kara42

HSC
I like it.

I'm good at creative writing, but that's it.

We have like 12 people in our advanced class, and I'm pretty sure I'm coming last.

S o r - P o r

HSC
I have a love-hate relationship with the subject. Some days, I look forward to doing it but on some days, I just dread it. If it wasn't a compulsory subject, I probably wouldn't pick it.

But yeah, depending on what I have to do and who the teacher is, I could enjoy it but it's a double-edged knife.

Like for instance, my english teacher can't teach. She's supposed to teach us techniques but all she does is tell us what the poem is about.

gibbo153

buff member
HSC
N/A
if someone killed my entire family. i would probably hate english still more than that person

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
gibbo153 said:
if someone killed my entire family. i would probably hate english still more than that person
lol, what a way to put it...

leapordfist

HSC
i did english in year 10 for my school cert....(now its the holidays) man that was an easy sub...i came frst frm liek 15 peeps (adv english)....man i luv it... because its about proving your point...esp the analysing part....if u can prove it u can get the marks.....( i frking hate multipule choice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, to biased)....easy sub

leapordfist

HSC
jaaaaay said:
The skills you learn in junior high school are developed further in year 11 and 12. The reason you study such areas as Shakespeare, Postmodernism, poetry and cinematography is because if you are able to articulate yourself with regards to such complex themes, you bring a new dimension to the language; a development significantly more sophisticated than learning the structure of an essay form, newspaper article or letter.

totally agree

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
There should be a 1/2 1/2 option in the poll becaues i hate english but i am actually enjoying it this year because of my teacher and awesome class.

random-1005

Banned
HSC
marcquelle said:
I <3 English

I Really Do Enjoy It :^D
Mate, english is the biggest piece of shit ever, none of the stuff is logical, its all abstract bullshit that no one would ever think of, i hardly see how all the textual analysis actually helps in real life, its not even "real" english, instead of the main focus being on writing, spelling and grammar, stuff we use in real life communication, the course is focused on shakespeare's bullshit, about how people talk several hundreds of years ago, english needs to get with the time.

i do not give a shit about some wanker writing a play!, just do not make me read the useless dribble.

Last edited:

random-1005

Banned
HSC
marcquelle said:
I <3 English

I Really Do Enjoy It :^D
if only it weren't complusory, i could have done business studies or something a little more fun, english for me is pretty much a waste of 2 units, and it piss me off even more because it must count towards uai and i get high 80s to low 90s in maths, physics , chem and economics and i get some shit 60% in advanced english!:evilfire:

random-1005

Banned
HSC
if only it weren't complusory, i could have done business studies or something a little more fun, english for me is pretty much a waste of 2 units, and it piss me off even more because english must count towards uai (even if its your worst:evilfire: ) and i get high 80s to low 90s in maths, physics , chem and economics and i get some shit 60% in advanced english!:evilfire:

random-1005

Banned
HSC
Timothy.Siu said:
nup, wudn't do it if it wasn't compulsary
its not the subject for me.
thats so stupid, you say u wouldnt do it if it wasn't complusory, however, you are doing exten1 english(from you sig). why are you an extension on something you dont like?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)