• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Do you support an increased refugee intake? (3 Viewers)

Do you support an increased refugee intake?

• Yes

Votes: 17 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 17 50.0%

• Total voters

Gary_Oak

Taking a Piss
HSC
It's okay you won't get beheaded, trust me, just go and discuss your concerns and perceptions of Muslim people with a 'Muslim'.
Why?? Maybe's she correct there..... sure there are some muslims which are normal sane people (who don't wear the burqua/dress like an average aussie and so on)..... but we gotta crack down on those that want to cause terror and place sharia law among us...

You wouldn't like sharia law, my mate.... I think if we reduce muslims intake.... they won't have the power to try and overule us here....

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
Why?? Maybe's she correct there..... sure there are some muslims which are normal sane people (who don't wear the burqua/dress like an average aussie and so on)..... but we gotta crack down on those that want to cause terror and place sharia law among us...

You wouldn't like sharia law, my mate.... I think if we reduce muslims intake.... they won't have the power to try and overule us here....
Ok what you said there... I agree and do especially support you strongly on the point that there shouldn't be Sharia Law on Australian land.

Fiction

HSC

I don't think there's anything inherently wrong with muslims wearing a burqua/traditional clothing and practising their religion. There's nothing wrong with anyone practising their religion and there shouldn't be backlash upon that notion unless it's disrupting other individual's human rights.
Them trying to "overule us here" is IMHO not a justification to let thousands of muslims potentially get murdered. I don't really know how exactly they can "overule" us, even with numbers. Australia has over 23 million people, even if we were to accept muslim refugees we're not going to accept 23 million, at least not in a couple of years. Economically, refugees literally don't have much of an economic or social status. It'll be quite difficult for them to replace, say a corporate job position held by an Australian citizen or PR.

You are entitled to your opinion, just as I am entitled to mine. But please keep in mind that although there has been a lot of controversy of certain muslim individual'sbehaviour over the past few weeks in particular, they are still human beings and still retain their rights of a human being. A small group of individuals do not necessarily reflect the values of the whole. Please treat them with respect they deserve. Everyone is entitled to practise their religion. That does not make them insane.

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
I don't think there's anything inherently wrong with muslims wearing a burqua/traditional clothing and practising their religion. There's nothing wrong with anyone practising their religion and there shouldn't be backlash upon that notion unless it's disrupting other individual's human rights.
Them trying to "overule us here" is IMHO not a justification to let thousands of muslims potentially get murdered. I don't really know how exactly they can "overule" us, even with numbers. Australia has over 23 million people, even if we were to accept muslim refugees we're not going to accept 23 million, at least not in a couple of years. Economically, refugees literally don't have much of an economic or social status. It'll be quite difficult for them to replace, say a corporate job position held by an Australian citizen or PR.

You are entitled to your opinion, just as I am entitled to mine. But please keep in mind that although there has been a lot of controversy of certain muslim individual'sbehaviour over the past few weeks in particular, they are still human beings and still retain their rights of a human being. A small group of individuals do not necessarily reflect the values of the whole. Please treat them with respect they deserve. Everyone is entitled to practise their religion. That does not make them insane.
Can I hug you?

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
If they don't like following another country's customs they can fuck off back to the islamic shithole they came from.

And that's being more tolerant than what they are of non-muslims in muslim countries.

A small group of individuals do not necessarily reflect the values of the whole.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/pages/opinion-polls.htm

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
Why hasn't anyone answered me yet?

Why are all muslim countries oppressive, backward shitholes?

Why are you surprised when non-muslims don't want such an oppressive, intolerant religion influencing their happy and prosperous countries?

Stygian

HSC
To be honest all religions should be banned except for Druidism.

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
if they aren't shitholes why do muslims come to the non-islamic west then

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
if they aren't shitholes why do muslims come to the non-islamic west then
If Europe wasn't a shithole why would Euro's move.

If Australia wasn't a shit hole, why are there so many australians living overseas.

I wouldn't exactly call Jordan or Turkey a shithole. Tons of Aussies go to bali every year and Indonesia is a muslim country. Malaysia is pretty chill too.

The west would be considered "backwoods" for the shit we did past 50 years ago. S. Afrika still had apartheid, US still had legal segregation and jim crowe laws, we've thrown the man who broke the enigma code in jail because he was gay.

My grandad on my dad's side would've been thrown in jail for child abuse for the shit he did in the modern day. Back then it was "parenting." beat my aunt black and blue, took her to the cops and cops threw her in jail for 3 nights for being "a bad person."

As I said Sylvia, wahhabism has become more and more popular due to the level of funding it receives from oil shiehks. Extremists leaders are like a hydra, you cut off one head 3 more will replace them, that's why targeted killings are tactically brilliant (wiping out leadership, send them in hiding) but strategically dangerous. same with local insurgents, you accidental off one civilian you just pissed off 10 people who never had a problem with you now hate you.

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
Everyone knows the gulf arabs are fucking crazy

Gary_Oak

Taking a Piss
HSC

One thing, they breed like crazy.... so we gotta be careful of that..... and eventually within a few generation (unless if the whole muslims culture changes), half our population will end up being muslims, and that would be enough numbers that sharia law could be forced upon us (or we could have a muslim prime minster (hopefully its someone sane like the Indonesian president)

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
One thing, they breed like crazy.... so we gotta be careful of that..... and eventually within a few generation (unless if the whole muslims culture changes), half our population will end up being muslims, and that would be enough numbers that sharia law could be forced upon us (or we could have a muslim prime minster (hopefully its someone sane like the Indonesian president)
Sharia law itself violates the constitution. Don't forget were a constitutional monarchy, you can't just vote in any law you want.

Muslims don't breed like crazy. People use to say the same shit about catholic families, my dad had 6 siblings and I'm an only child while one of my aunts has three kids. Birthrates plummet after people realize their kids live past the age of 5. The reason why people have a shit ton of kids back then is mostly due to infant mortality rates. Population growth slows down a lot when you have better economic conditions.

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
If Europe wasn't a shithole why would Euro's move.
Wasn't or isn't?

Tons of Aussies go to bali every year and Indonesia is a muslim country. Malaysia is pretty chill too.
Okay, you're right, it's an arab thing then.

The west would be considered "backwoods" for the shit we did past 50 years ago.
lmao, fuck off. The west was more progressive 50 years ago than much of the current world is today.

S. Afrika still had apartheid
Apartheid where blacks had lower unemployment, higher life expectancy, lower black/white wealth inequality and where south africa was the safest country in africa (now the rape and murder captial of the world basically), and where whites are systematically raped, torutred, murdered and have their farms and property stolen with the support of the government. Oh and where non-south african african immgirants are routinely beaten, tortured and murdered.

gee, such progress! At least there aren't separate drinking fountains now :^)

US still had legal segregation and jim crowe laws,
Segregation which resulted in lower black illegitimacy, higher black employment than whites at the time and than blacks today, higher black business ownership and lower black incarceration rates.

Gee, progress is so great!

we've thrown the man who broke the enigma code in jail because he was gay.
Unlike the muslims who simply torture and execute them.

My grandad on my dad's side would've been thrown in jail for child abuse for the shit he did in the modern day. Back then it was "parenting." beat my aunt black and blue, took her to the cops and cops threw her in jail for 3 nights for being "a bad person."
Nice anecdotal evidence there

But even if this is all true, so what?

STILL much better than muslims are today, and muslims aren't improving. n many ways they're getting worse.

And at the end of the day, none of this answers the questions on thy we shouldn't restrict muslim immigration.

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad

How does wearing a burqa make someone insane ?

You make it out as if they are "different " and weird.

Muslims that wear the burqa aren't weird, different cultures have different clothing.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Let's all tone down the vitriol.

Always space for a proper debate.

Fiction

HSC
Can I hug you?
<3

Why hasn't anyone answered me yet?

Why are all muslim countries oppressive, backward shitholes?

Why are you surprised when non-muslims don't want such an oppressive, intolerant religion influencing their happy and prosperous countries?
This notion of "happy and prosperous" is steming from our lack of morality and empathy. You've basically implied that Australia's happiness and prosperity lies in our complete apathetic nature towards these thousands of muslim individuals who are fleeing for their lives. But that's ok, I mean, someone else will take care of them. We'll just ignore them and content ourselves with deluded stereotypes.

I still don't understand how muslims, just by coming to australia, will be able to oppress Australians to the point where we can't tolerate them beyond reason. They're coming in with a refugee/asylum seeker status. There's a stigma associated with that. They barely speak English. They don't have any financial assets. How exactly are they going to oppress us? With their burqas? So scary! Even you don't agree with their values and culture - which is fine, as long as you treat them with the respect every individual deserves, please remember that they are still human. They have the right to practise their religion - just like you or me. They have the right and deserve the right to feel safe. The west may disagree with values from other cultures, but that doesn't give an excuse to discard morality.

Within a few generations, half our population will end up being muslims? Highly. Unlikely. You're voicing stereotypes that the west has imposed upon muslim culture in order to suppress them. To create harmful racial stereotype. In turn, you're expressing exactly how rather than oppressing us, we've been oppressing them. Ironic eh?

Last edited:

Gary_Oak

Taking a Piss
HSC
Within a few generations, half our population will end up being muslims? Highly. Unlikely. You're voicing stereotypes that the west has imposed upon muslim culture in order to suppress them. To create harmful racial stereotype. In turn, you're expressing exactly how rather than oppressing us, we've been oppressing them. Ironic eh?
Things can happen mate..... didn't you read what is happening in the UK?? There are more muslims children in the UK than other types

Here you go.... if that can happen in the UK, its can happen here (unless if the muslims attitude of them breeding changes and they have less children, then i could agree with you)

Last edited:

Fiction

HSC
Things can happen mate..... didn't you read what is happening in the UK?? There are more muslims children in the UK than other types

Here you go.... if that can happen in the UK, its can happen here (unless if the muslims attitude of them breeding changes and they have less children, then i could agree with you)
How do you know that the numbers are biased? All those places you've listed, for all I or you know, could be family, migrant friendly areas.

Again with the stereotypes. Your statistics are implying that Christians = white, and Muslims = POC. The uk = a stereotypical white nation, therefore there should be alarm bells ringing, when muslim children surpass the christain children in numbers? By over running us, you mean by numbers then? Numbers don't necessarily mean oppression -refugees and asylum seekers don't tend to lead rich lives.

Also, has it occured to you that no fornication is a Christain value? Therefore the mother's age can play a huge factor in the amount of children a Christain family will have. Furthermore developing nations usually tend to have a 'many children' ideology precisely because they view the child as an investment? Women in developed nations however tend to have a more 'have children later in life, therefore less children' because they have the luxury of focusing on their careers etc. Assuming those muslims are asylum seekers or refugees, they would also have considerably less education than the Christains. Is having many children actually part of muslim religion or is it just because of their circumstances?

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-20675307

^ is an interesting article. It took 10 years, for christain population to fall around 12% and 10 years for muslim population to rise about 1% In that same 10 years, no religion rose around 11%

Perhaps those statistics you mentioned are just a little biased?

Once the conflict in each muslim's respective country quells down, there won't really be an influx of refugees coming to developed nations therefore there really isn't any risk in being "over runned" population wise IMHO.

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
Once the conflict in each muslim's respective country quells down, there won't really be an influx of refugees coming to developed nations therefore there really isn't any risk in being "over runned" population wise IMHO.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)