• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Does business studies or modern history have more memorisation? (1 Viewer)

mischief1564

HSC
I asked a similar question a while ago, but I am still in quite a predicament and can't choose between the two. I don't know anyone who does either business studies or modern history, so I was wondering if I could get some guidance.

Based on the research I've done online, it seems like business studies has a lot of "ROTE learning" and is incredibly boring. But more people (at my school, at least) get a band 6, so it's maybe easier to get a good grade in it. Please correct me if I am wrong.

I would think history would have a lot of memorisation based on my experience with it in my old school, but I haven't learnt business before.

Is business studies or modern history more content-heavy? Which one has more memorisation? Please help! I have to select my subjects in less than two days.

MoeyNeeds90+

HSC
I asked a similar question a while ago, but I am still in quite a predicament and can't choose between the two. I don't know anyone who does either business studies or modern history, so I was wondering if I could get some guidance.

Based on the research I've done online, it seems like business studies has a lot of "ROTE learning" and is incredibly boring. But more people (at my school, at least) get a band 6, so it's maybe easier to get a good grade in it. Please correct me if I am wrong.

I would think history would have a lot of memorisation based on my experience with it in my old school, but I haven't learnt business before.

Is business studies or modern history more content-heavy? Which one has more memorisation? Please help! I have to select my subjects in less than two days.
Modern history what I'm doing now kinda sucks tbh . It is dry boring, and the q's loves asking u to write 15 marker essays. Hmm, memorising, i'd say not really. Def ur required to memorise and learn some dates, and such of event and event name, eg ww2 1914, and maybe just maybe, even the names of rulers and such, but if u like history I think it'd be really fun. I can show u some questions I got if u want. I think tho if u like def do it, I have to admit, even I think its OK 🙂

mischief1564

HSC
Modern history what I'm doing now kinda sucks tbh . It is dry boring, and the q's loves asking u to write 15 marker essays. Hmm, memorising, i'd say not really. Def ur required to memorise and learn some dates, and such of event and event name, eg ww2 1914, and maybe just maybe, even the names of rulers and such, but if u like history I think it'd be really fun. I can show u some questions I got if u want. I think tho if u like def do it, I have to admit, even I think its OK 🙂
Thank you! It's mostly the memorisation that intimidates me, so that's good to hear.

yes,, I am pretty interested in history, but one of my school's Year 11 topics is The Making of Modern South Africa and I don't think I'd be too interested inthat.

I would be really grateful if you could send a few exemplarquestions, thank u!! :smile:

MoeyNeeds90+

HSC
Thank you! It's mostly the memorisation that intimidates me, so that's good to hear.

yes,, I am pretty interested in history, but one of my school's Year 11 topics is The Making of Modern South Africa and I don't think I'd be too interested inthat.

I would be really grateful if you could send a few exemplarquestions, thank u!! :smile:
No worries, do u know how I can link a screenshot? lol it does not let me

mischief1564

HSC
sorry I'm so stupid lol 😭
if u need more I can attach a few
Ooo thanks that seems pretty cool!

could you also send an example of a question that is worth the most marks? Like maybe the last question on a paper? Thanks so much for the help!:smile:

Also, my school does Romanovs, South Africa, and Cuba - is it kind of the same?

MoeyNeeds90+

HSC
Ooo thanks that seems pretty cool!

could you also send an example of a question that is worth the most marks? Like maybe the last question on a paper? Thanks so much for the help!:smile:

Also, my school does Romanovs, South Africa, and Cuba - is it kind of the same?
Here's a 15 marker I got. I just had to cross off like two words (not important) parts just as it referred to my direct assignment and I don't want to get into any trouble for sharing notes illegally etc.😤 Hoepfully all is fine tho! 🙂
with questions on history it focuses on whatever ur textbook covers. So it would manifest much the same question types in the context of ur historical events etc! Basically its gonna be much the same! Hope this helps🙂

Attachments

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)