Does God exist? (4 Viewers)

do you believe in god?

• Total voters

pinkyforce7

HSC
Enteebee said:
We have biological limitations and that's why 'feelings pass' etc, if you could control reality you could quite easily make it so you're always happy and interested...
the possibilities.

well while we're on the subject of omnipotent beings, it really doesnt sound that farfetched to be able to control reality so that your always happy, even for eternity. who says heaven is bound by earthly logic. theoretically, if heaven is infinitely happy, then it would be a pretty nice place.

as long as it had asians...

HSC
I still don't know how heaven could be perfect bliss if you had the knowledge that people you knew and cared about were in hell, undergoing infinite punishment (actually, the knowledge that anyone at all has to suffer that is bad). The same god who provides heaven is allowing (or actively inflicting) eternal pain to millions of people.

I have asked people this and usually they say something alluding to the fact that god will erase the knowledge from them, or convince you it is necessary. That doesn't appeal to me either.

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
heaven is going to be amazing it is not going to be anything like earth.

Stevo.

no more talk
HSC
If you're going to be in heaven, and everyone else like you, then heaven is definately going to be shithouse.

HalcyonSky

HSC
Stevo. said:
If you're going to be in heaven, and everyone else like you, then heaven is definately going to be shithouse.
hahah. concurred.

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
It is going to be spending eternity without sin and with God. what is not to love.
you only think it would be bad cos you wouldnt be willing to give up sin.

HSC
You guys (3unitz, emytaylor) are missing my point.

Does "rejecting god" deserve infinite punishment? The answer is no, nothing you can do on earth deserves infinite punishment. Not just because the crime would not equal the punishment, but because with our limited minds we cannot be held accountable for decisions that determine our infinite life.

That aside, my actual point was that whether or not the people deserve it, the very fact that you have knowledge of millions and millions of people undergoing eternal suffering while you are in heaven would not make it eternal bliss.

Unless you're comforted by people suffering for no reason, and consider it a kind of reward. In that case, I agree with Stevo above.

Edit: Not 3unitz. I thought that post was out of character. <_<

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
veloc1ty said:
You guys (3unitz, emytaylor) are missing my point.

Does "rejecting god" deserve infinite punishment? The answer is no, nothing you can do on earth deserves infinite punishment. Not just because the crime would not equal the punishment, but because with our limited minds we cannot be held accountable for decisions that determine our infinite life.

That aside, my actual point was that whether or not the people deserve it, the very fact that you have knowledge of millions and millions of people undergoing eternal suffering while you are in heaven would not make it eternal bliss.

Unless you're comforted by people suffering for no reason, and consider it a kind of reward. In that case, I agree with Stevo above.

Edit: Not 3unitz. I thought that post was out of character. <_<
we do deserve it i know i deserve it. God told us if we sin we will surely die. the punishment for sin is death. YOU rejected God I USED TO reject God. You and i deserve to pay the price. I am not doing to thank God. cos he sent his son jesus.p

HSC
You keep missing what I'm trying to say. It doesn't matter whether we deserve this or that, the fact that people in heaven know that people are suffering doesn't make it perfect.

Edit: I'm going to live forever anyway, just in eternal suffering.

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
Read revelation.
Jesus Died because he was perfect he took the sacrifice for our sins so we can go to heaven. the death that we deserve.

it will still be eternal bliss. yeah there will be people we love in hell but that will not be an issue.

HalcyonSky

HSC
stop provoking emytaylor to make more posts :(

sounding like a product of generations of inbreeding and brainwashing is not a good advertisement for christianity

boris

Banned
HSC
emytaylor164 said:
Read revelation.
Jesus Died because he was perfect he took the sacrifice for our sins so we can go to heaven. the death that we deserve.

it will still be eternal bliss. yeah there will be people we love in hell but that will not be an issue.
But how does anybody know?

The people who wrote the Bible never experienced Heaven. How do they know?

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
John ( the writer of revelation) did experience heaven in his vision. as did jesus he was there before he came to earth.

HSC
emytaylor164 said:
Why not? I've got that same response before from others and they abandon what little logic they had before at this point.

azren127

HSC
theres proof everywhere of God but i dont think anyone can make anyone believe anything. whoever wants to must discover God themselves.
and does anyone have any real proof that God doesnt exist? i know many people who have tried and failed big time. from my experience and knowledge i believe and follow God no doubt.

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
veloc1ty said:
Why not? I've got that same response before from others and they abandon what little logic they had before at this point.
I am not sure but I trust that God would not put us throught that.

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
Because God didnt want to see his whole creation go to hell. he loves us so much that he gave his son to take our punishment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)