do you believe in god?

• Total voters

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
*TRUE* said:
Here is a bible verse that means alot to me in this debate :

'For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing but to us who are being saved, it is the power of God. For it is written:

"I will destroy the wisdom of the wise
the intelligence of the intelligent i will frustrate"

Where is the wise man? Where is the scholar? Where is the philosopher of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world?
For since , in the wisdom of God , the world through its wisdom did not know Him, God was pleased through the foolishness of what was preached to save those who believe. Jews demand miraculous signs , and Greeks look for wisdom, but we preach Christ crucified : a stumbling block to Jews adn foolishenss to Gentiles, but to those whom God has called, both Jews adn Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God.

For the foolishness of God is wiser than man's wisdom, and the weakness of God is stronger than man's strength.

and a bit later (V:27) : But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise: God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong.

Inasero. If we believe in God , we ARE GOING TO LOOK FOOLISH.

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
inasero said:
I think debate is just the thing we need and I'm not trying to brush it under the carpet. But what I was suggesting is that it might be helpful, given where the debates at, to explain why Christians use a different system of logic, or worldview if you like, in order to explain their faith so that you'd be able to see where we're coming from. After all I can understand how frustrating it must be that we continually cite 'faith' as a reason in our belief.
The 'system of logic' is what I take greatest issue with, it is terrible.

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
Enteebee said:
How did he act? Fred Phelps thinks you're an ungodly sinner who doesn't act at all like Christ. Prove him wrong... It's impossible.
Thats why we read the bible.
:)
I must frustrate the hell out of you... :(

inasero

Reborn
HSC
Westboro Baptist lol...don't take their teaching and actions as Gospel- another example of how Christianity can be perverted.

inasero

Reborn
HSC
Enteebee said:
The 'system of logic' is what I take greatest issue with, it is terrible.
I know it must frustate you to high heaven! Look, did you have a read of the link I provided?

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
*TRUE* said:
Thats why we read the bible.
I must frustrate the hell out of you... :(
Yes but reading the bible doesn't tell you anything, it is incredibly flawed.

EdmondDW

HSC
Religion is a good thing(sometimes, I really hate Vatican City State holds so many powers in some countries...)Religion tells us to do good things and keep a peaceful heart...
But consider some priestesses hold the flag of god to force people to do sth...or forbid sth...
This is really bad...:hammer:

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
inasero said:
I know it must frustate you to high heaven! Look, did you have a read of the link I provided?
No, summarise the argument for me... TBQH I detest visiting populist christian apologetic websites because they write so much meaningless rhetorical dribble around the argument that it becomes rather tedious.

inasero

Reborn
HSC
Enteebee said:
No, summarise the argument for me... TBQH I detest visiting populist christian apologetic websites because they write so much meaningless rhetorical dribble around the argument that it becomes rather tedious.
It doesn't argue anything...only provides the gospel in its most basic form. Have a look it won't take more than 5 minutes.

inasero

Reborn
HSC
3unitz said:
another shelter against refutation - "worldly knowledge" is incorrect.
that's not true...otherwise I wouldn't be studying at uni...all we're saying is that it's not enough to understand why God exists. I've hardly heard of a person coming to God after doing exhaustive historical and biblical investigation.

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
inasero said:
that's not true...otherwise I wouldn't be studying at uni...all we're saying is that it's not enough to understand why God exists. I've hardly heard of a person coming to God after doing exhaustive historical and biblical investigation.
inasero, do you accept that your arguments could be used by someone to believe in the FSM with equal validity? If so, I don't really want to talk about anything more... I consider that if you believe your belief in God is only as equally justified as that that I agree, the end.

If you want to believe in it despite this fact I think you're a silly person but I don't want to argue anymore, for me the argument ends upon such an admission.

inasero

Reborn
HSC
Enteebee said:
inasero, do you accept that your arguments could be used by someone to believe in the FSM with equal validity? If so, I don't really want to talk about anything more... I consider that if you believe your belief in God is only as equally justified as that that I agree, the end.

If you want to believe in it despite this fact I think you're a silly person but I don't want to argue anymore, for me the argument ends upon such an admission.
I'm quite offended you decided to make it personal and start caling names- especially when I tried explaining to you the basics of Christian logic. Have you even read the gospel summary to see where I'm coming from? You're precluding yourself from intelligent discussion if you're not even prepared to consider another person's point of view. If you maybe stopped to listen you might realise how belief in God is not at all related to faith in the FSM.

inasero

Reborn
HSC
3unitz said:
im still amazed you do med :D

do you know anyone else with your beliefs doing med at uni?

which is exactly the shelter against the scientific method which keeps religion in existence today.
there are plenty of Christian doctors and medical students out there, thanks be to God.

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
You don't seem to be bringing forth any points... I have no desire to talk shit.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
inasero said:
It doesn't argue anything...only provides the gospel in its most basic form. Have a look it won't take more than 5 minutes.
Oh great, a 2000 year old book written in ancient hebrew, translated to ancient greek, translated to latin, translated to 1604 English, translated to modern english, translated to simple english. Must be really true to the original gospel.

inasero

Reborn
HSC
It's what I've been trying to explain in the past few pages...

The Gospel message explains why I believe in God, why faith alone is sufficient, and why I don't believe in the FSM. If you don't take it upon yourself to understand this basic truth then we're arguing from different perspectives.

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
Riet said:
Oh great, a 2000 year old book written in ancient hebrew, translated to ancient greek, translated to latin, translated to 1604 English, translated to modern english, translated to simple english. Must be really true to the original gospel.
Don't forget the picking and choosing of thousands of theological bodies of men...

inasero said:

The Gospel message explains why I believe in God, why faith alone is sufficient, and why I don't believe in the FSM. If you don't take it upon yourself to understand this basic truth then we're arguing from different perspectives.
Bring forward the argument then... if there is no argument I don't even understand what you're saying. To humour you I'll read the link.

edit: I had a quick skim through it... why the fuck would you make me read such garbage?

Last edited:

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
Enteebee said:
Don't forget the picking and choosing of thousands of theological bodies of men...
Yeh, the KJV was intentionally translated to reflect the beliefs of the puritans of the Church of England. Shit, at least Roman Catholics have been using the same scriptures since the Holy Roman Empire.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
inasero said:

Why do you accept the gospel to be true?

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
3unitz said:
another shelter against refutation - "worldly knowledge" is incorrect.
Sam, what i quoted from 1 corinthians (and similar things in the bible) is the only way i can grasp why it is all i have learned (and ive been learning all my life) in almost every category ...still doesnt provide me with rational logical proof (which is what i require for every decision i make) of the existance of God..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)