• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Does God exist? (4 Viewers)

do you believe in god?

• Total voters

Venom.

HSC
No as in you were brought up in the religion and had certain values and morals instilled in you and upon introspection saw that the Quran fit those values and morals.
No. I was brought up with differing, more cultural based morals. My household wasn't all that great religion wise, until probably 9/11. In a way it helped muslims question themselves more, and hence learn more about their religion.

Have you read the Quran? In it's entirety I mean, not the out of context babble the media places in front of the public?

Venom.

HSC
Well judging by your posts across the forums, I gather that you have an immense hatred for any form of religion.

I doubt whether you can produce any reasonable argument to conclusively prove to me that God does not exist (?), and I cannot do otherwise.

SAVAK

Banned
HSC
N/A
i said this before and it applies to ALL religious posters:

I have come to the understanding that our great poster Iron just recycles his same old argument every few pages. There is nothing against you believing in whatever prophecy or god you want to, but please have the humility to claim that your faith is blind.

greekgun

HSC
i said this before and it applies to ALL religious posters:

I have come to the understanding that our great poster Iron just recycles his same old argument every few pages. There is nothing against you believing in whatever prophecy or god you want to, but please have the humility to claim that your faith is blind.
this

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
I would hope that BoS Christians could find a better representative than me :eek:
But we have exhausted the notion that their is no proof either way to prove that God exists. Reasonably sensible posters say that all things being equal, the simplest solution is the correct one, therefore God does not exist.

However I think that it's legitimate for Christians, like atheists, to consequently strike at the emotions/spirit of each individual - to set out the doctrine and all that it offers to we who are imperfect, sinful, lonely, guilty, hypocritical, lost, incomplete. It is the story of humanity and it is one that is satisfying, promising, uplifting, comforting, loving and good. It is the realisation of the way, truth and life that we all universally yearn for from birth

Tatecress14

HSC
I would hope that BoS Christians could find a better representative than me :eek:
But we have exhausted the notion that their is no proof either way to prove that God exists. Reasonably sensible posters say that all things being equal, the simplest solution is the correct one, therefore God does not exist.

However I think that it's legitimate for Christians, like atheists, to consequently strike at the emotions/spirit of each individual - to set out the doctrine and all that it offers to we who are imperfect, sinful, lonely, guilty, hypocritical, lost, incomplete. It is the story of humanity and it is one that is satisfying, promising, uplifting, comforting, loving and good. It is the realisation of the way, truth and life that we all universally yearn for from birth

That is much of what our ethical beliefs are, which is enforced by religions. I believe what i have quoted before, but i do like what a religion stands for.

Luke.

Last edited:

gifted:)

HSC
ATTN; 'gifted:)'.

could you please kindly reply to my message. you seem to have gone to water now that someone retorted to your feeble arguments.
First off, im sorry about your brothers death, but what has that got to do with your belief in denying christ. You seem to 'diss' God, why not Allah. It seems that you have no Knowledge on christianity, thinking that our God is not merciful, He is. he gave us freewill to choose what we think is right or wrong; but mankind has taken advantage of that, hence poverty and war in the world. Secondly, you did not mention the cause of your brothers death, so that could have been his fault, your parents fault, but i doubt God aimed lightnening at him and he instantly died (sorry if i disrespect you or your brother). Thirdly, im not in an english forum, if you wish to edit peoples work or if it is an uncontrolable thing for you to do, i highly suggest you take up journalism.

If there is anything else 'sweetie', please let me know ...

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
First off, im sorry about your brothers death, but what has that got to do with your belief in denying christ. You seem to 'diss' God, why not Allah.
Allah is God, retard. Allah is the Arabic word for "god".

It seems that you have no Knowledge on christianity, thinking that our God is not merciful, He is. he gave us freewill to choose what we think is right or wrong; but mankind has taken advantage of that, hence poverty and war in the world.
Funny, I thought poverty was caused by scarce resources. Silly me.

Secondly, you did not mention the cause of your brothers death, so that could have been his fault, your parents fault, but i doubt God aimed lightnening at him and he instantly died (sorry if i disrespect you or your brother).
Wow.
You're a douchebag.
Even I don't pay out dead people to a relative's face, and I'm an atheist, so apparently I don't have any morals. You must Pol Pot's reincarnation.

Thirdly, im not in an english forum, if you wish to edit peoples work or if it is an uncontrolable thing for you to do, i highly suggest you take up journalism.
Nah, see if you're going to debate something in English, you can at least have the good grace to use the language properly.
You already waste enough of our time by insulting our intelligence. Please try to avoid befouling our language too.

gifted:)

HSC
Allah is God, retard. Allah is the Arabic word for "god".

Funny, I thought poverty was caused by scarce resources. Silly me.

Wow.
You're a douchebag.
Even I don't pay out dead people to a relative's face, and I'm an atheist, so apparently I don't have any morals. You must Pol Pot's reincarnation.

Nah, see if you're going to debate something in English, you can at least have the good grace to use the language properly.
You already waste enough of our time by insulting our intelligence. Please try to avoid befouling our language too.
Im an egyptian, so i know what god means in arabic. im not muslim so i call God 'Rubena'...

poverty is caused by man's ignorence. Crap leader makes stupid choices resulting in bad consequences. In thirld world counrties often leading to poverty.

Im not a douchebag as i took in consideration hermands feelings by respecting his brothers death. Im sorry you didnt read that, you must have selective reading or something

you should think of being a politician, their all full of crap anyway...

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
Im an egyptian, so i know what god means in arabic. im not muslim so i call God 'Rubena'...

poverty is caused by man's ignorence. Crap leader makes stupid choices resulting in bad consequences. In thirld world counrties often leading to poverty.

Im not a douchebag as i took in consideration hermands feelings by respecting his brothers death. Im sorry you didnt read that, you must have selective reading or something

you should think of being a politician, their all full of crap anyway...
That doesn't change the fact that they're still the exact same entity, and hence you were being a moron by talking about them as different beings.

Ok, so ignorance causes poverty.
Ignorance isn't the same as the abuse of free-will. So the abuse of free-will has nothing to do with poverty.

Firstly "he" is a "her", so it's "her brother" not "his brother".
Secondly, saying "no offence" at the end doesn't detract from the fact it was offensive in the first place.
Apologise to her. Now.

I already am considering being a poltician, and exactly what in there was full of crap? The fact I asked you to have a little culture and grace? That I asked you not to abuse our language? Or you just didn't like it, so you responded with a non-sensical statement?

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
A blind monkey being cattle-prodded could have still pwned gifted.

Lukybear

HSC
Firstly, I must correct some common false belifes among you people.
1). The Christian God, consisting of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit is NOT, and I repeat, IS NOT the same as Allah. If Allah do exist at all, they are two very very different entities. So Moll. it is a common mistake, infact i didnt know the difference until a few month ago.

2). Perhaps this people on this board may not like. But pain, is the result of SIN. Based upon teaching of Christanity, sin is the result of freewill. Thus because of freewill, or rather the abuse of, pain e.g. poverty, slavery, are the result exist.

Venom.

HSC
1). The Christian God, consisting of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit is NOT, and I repeat, IS NOT the same as Allah. If Allah do exist at all, they are two very very different entities. So Moll. it is a common mistake, infact i didnt know the difference until a few month ago.

2). Perhaps this people on this board may not like. But pain, is the result of SIN. Based upon teaching of Christanity, sin is the result of freewill. Thus because of freewill, or rather the abuse of, pain e.g. poverty, slavery, are the result exist.
On reconsideration fair enough. But theology wise, our God is everyone's God. The argument was that God is the same as Allah, which is true (language wise), cause an Arab christian may also call God Allah.

Lukybear

HSC
I do admit that is true, for Arab christians they called God Allah. But i just wanted to make the distinction that the christian God and Muslim God are two different identities.

Venom.

HSC
I do admit that is true, for Arab christians they called God Allah. But i just wanted to make the distinction that the christian God and Muslim God are two different identities.
True, because Christians recognise Jesus (human) as God.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
So?
All three parts of the Trinity are still the one being, the same Creator of the Universe who watches over our daily lives. Allah is all of the parts of the Trinity, just as God is technically all of the parts too.

So the starving orphans in Africa deserve it, cos they've made some bad choices in life, like, for instance, choosing to be born to an unknown father and an overworked and malnourished mother who subsequently died?
What happened to Christianity being a religion of love?

Last edited:

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
Why doesn't god forgive us of this sin then?

If god is forgiving, why do we continue to experience pain?

SAVAK

Banned
HSC
N/A
why bother. same old recycled arguments by the religious tools on BOS.
try harder guys!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)