Does God exist? (2 Viewers)

do you believe in god?

• Total voters

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

You always do this.

1. Iron makes a dogmatic religious claim.

2. Poster challenges Iron on the lack of proof provided.

3. Iron replies with further dogmatism; makes presuppositional argument which states that his views are automatically "The truth", despite still not including proof for this.

4. Poster makes a long thought out reply to Iron's post, replying in detail to Iron's arguments, and challenges him further for some proof.

5. (Where we are now LOL) At this stage, Iron chucks what can only be described as a hissy fit. He ignores the poster's response, and claims that because the poster's opinion is different to his, that the poster doesn't agree with Iron because he doesn't want to and that he is not "open to the truth".

Iron then claims that simply because the poster's world view is different to his, the poster is thus a lower class of human than him (when the contrary is true because the poster does not believe in things blindly).
He notes that replying to the poster is just such a waste of time, and that he is actually doing a favour by replying to him, and claims that he is under no obligation to do so, so the poster should consider himself privileged.

Any attempt to reply to this post of Iron's will be meet with similar, automatic, dogmatic dismissal, so one really should not bother.
This made me think of u:eek:
[youtube]i1leDAwjtto&feature=related[/youtube]

HSC
N/A
SylvesterBr;4444975[SIZE=6 said:
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAH[/SIZE]

You always do this.

1. Iron makes a dogmatic religious claim.

2. Poster challenges Iron on the lack of proof provided.

3. Iron replies with further dogmatism; makes presuppositional argument which states that his views are automatically "The truth", despite still not including proof for this.

4. Poster makes a long thought out reply to Iron's post, replying in detail to Iron's arguments, and challenges him further for some proof.

5. (Where we are now LOL) At this stage, Iron chucks what can only be described as a hissy fit. He ignores the poster's response, and claims that because the poster's opinion is different to his, that the poster doesn't agree with Iron because he doesn't want to and that he is not "open to the truth".

Iron then claims that simply because the poster's world view is different to his, the poster is thus a lower class of human than him (when the contrary is true because the poster does not believe in things blindly).
He notes that replying to the poster is just such a waste of time, and that he is actually doing a favour by replying to him, and claims that he is under no obligation to do so, so the poster should consider himself privileged.

Any attempt to reply to this post of Iron's will be meet with similar, automatic, dogmatic dismissal, so one really should not bother.
That made me lol quite a lot. I'd rep you if my rep wasn't all repped out brah.

Tatecress14

HSC
Ah there's my problem.

You talk about choosing.

What we perceive to be the truth should be about choice as little as possible.

And furthermore, unless someone showed me proof or something along those lines, I really don't see it as possible for me to believe in god.

It's like you trying to force yourself into believing that the tooth fairy exists.

And no, before you say it, I'm not comparing your beloved god to the tooth fairy : /
Choice as little as possible?

Why?, to enable a true god you need to be-able to choose to believe in a god. Religions is mainly based on a person perspective in their individual likings.

Why do you think there was so many prophets? - because everyone is different and has different likings.

You choose in a religion, cherish and respect your own decision that you have made and you end up believing it more for the better, thus you care little about the people who stand for evidence and science.

Luke.

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
Why?
You choose in a religion, cherish and respect your own decision that you have made and you end up believing it more for the better, thus you care little about the people who stand for evidence and science.

Why? Because choosing what you believe instead of basing it on what the evidence suggests makes you a delusional, irrational retard.

BradCube

HSC
What does "the evidence" suggest? Or are you actually referring to a lack of evidence?

Last edited:

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
[youtube]6nc4_CeAnPE&feature=channel[/youtube]

OMG Look at Obama's sly wink, pressumably to Michelle or some aid, @1:09! Beware planet earth
BEWARE

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
It's a tradition that isnt insisted upon post Vat2. I think wearing black is mandatory though, as a sign of respect to the holiness of the pope who wears white.
There is some authority in Corinthians, along the lines of it being a sign that women are subservient to men/their husbands, while men are only subservient to God. It's about accepting the natural place of the woman in the family, the church and society. This symbolic act is also in line with the dress of Mary, the ideal woman.

Tatecress14

HSC
Why? Because choosing what you believe instead of basing it on what the evidence suggests makes you a delusional, irrational retard.
First of all, there isn’t any evidence saying god doesn't exist. There just simply isn't any providing that he was around,(lack of evidence doesn't make you an irrational retard, it just makes you strong minded and dependent on your own skills, knowledge and likings, instead of relying on evidence made by someone else).

Being dependent on your own beliefs is much more aspirant to yourself then to believe in something that is proven that exists.(e.g. No one knows if ghosts exists, but there are some places in the world where you can see them and know it’s not a misconception, but a few come out in disappointment claiming they couldn't see anything), and some people are just to stubborn to even turn up to see.

Everyone is different and has different likings, People may like to believe in there own skills, knowledge and likings and others may like to believe in evidence made by someone else.

Luke

Last edited:

Lentern

HSC
It's a tradition that isnt insisted upon post Vat2. I think wearing black is mandatory though, as a sign of respect to the holiness of the pope who wears white.
There is some authority in Corinthians, along the lines of it being a sign that women are subservient to men/their husbands, while men are only subservient to God. It's about accepting the natural place of the woman in the family, the church and society. This symbolic act is also in line with the dress of Mary, the ideal woman.
I thought you liked the "powerful" woman. Thatcher, Clinton, Gillard, Meir, Bhutto, Ghandi...

Sprangler

HSC
First of all, there isn’t any evidence saying god doesn't exist. There just simply isn't any providing that he was around,(lack of evidence doesn't make you an irrational retard, it just makes you strong minded and independent on your own skills, knowledge and likings, instead of relying on evidence made by someone else).
Yeah right. Tell me, did you actually deeply study the numerous different religious denominations and many different recognized deities that are found all over the world, weigh up all the evidence and then make a decision on the one which seemed the most plausible and made the most sense to you?
Or did you hmm.. just listen to what your parents told you and never happened to question them later?
There is no evidence that invisible flying teapots, the Easter Bunny, Santa and Unicorns don't exist either, but no one believes in them except little kids because they don't know any better. But why all this talk of evidence, you don't need evidence right? That's what faith is for.

Being independent on your own beliefs is much more aspirant to yourself then to believe in something that is proven that exists.(e.g. No one knows if ghosts exists, but there are some places in the world where you can see them and know it’s not a misconception, but a few come out in disappointment claiming they couldn't see anything), and some people are just to stubborn to even turn up to see.
Are you serious?

Everyone is different and has different likings, People may like to believe in there own skills, knowledge and likings and others may like to believe in evidence made by someone else.

Luke
And some people like to believe in things with no evidence, no matter how implausible they seem, without questioning it.

Last edited:

Tatecress14

HSC
Yeah right. Tell me, did you actually deeply study the numerous different religious denominations and many different recognized deities that are found all over the world, weigh up all the evidence and then make a decision on the one which seemed the most plausible and made the most sense to you?
Or did you hmm.. just listen to what your parents told you and never happened to question them later?
There is no evidence that invisible flying teapots, the Easter Bunny, Santa and Unicorns don't exist either, but no one believes in them except little kids because they don't know any better. But why all this talk of evidence, you don't need evidence right? That's what faith is for.

Places such as..

To what of your saying is that I believe in god? Just because I’m making a plausible argument on this, doesn't mean I placed my own believing in it.
As a matter of fact I did go to a Christian school, and no I don't believe in god I have explained my beliefs before on this thread, I’m just taking in mind of how people with those beliefs understand their beliefs, and how they make them.

-its as easy as typing, ghosts into google-
Famous Haunted Houses and Places

Luke.

Continuum

I'm squishy
HSC
First of all, there isn’t any evidence saying god doesn't exist. There just simply isn't any providing that he was around,(lack of evidence doesn't make you an irrational retard, it just makes you strong minded and independent on your own skills, knowledge and likings, instead of relying on evidence made by someone else).
You post is contradictory. Don't you mean dependent rather than independent?

In either case, how does lack of evidence make you 'strong-minded'? I think stubborn and obstinate are the words you're looking for.

Being independent on your own beliefs is much more aspirant to yourself then to believe in something that is proven that exists.(e.g. No one knows if ghosts exists, but there are some places in the world where you can see them and know it’s not a misconception, but a few come out in disappointment claiming they couldn't see anything), and some people are just to stubborn to even turn up to see.
What the fuck?

GOD IS REAL !

Your just retarded if you think otherwise, evidence is not needed for god's existence on your own satisfaction. Why would he need to prevail himself before you because of your own curiosity. How LAME! believe what you want everyone has the freedom of choice whether to have FAITH in GOD! he already did his part on sacraficing his life for us what more do you need him to do!

DO IT UR F__ SELF b____ASS N_____ < I swear so what ! lolz up ur vegiies
Its people like you who give Christians a bad image.

EDIT: lol, deleted post.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)