Does God exist? (5 Viewers)

do you believe in god?

• Total voters
K

katie_tully

Thats exactly what i am trying to say here. We all have a right to believe or not to believe in God. The topic was "Does God exist?" okay now, we can either say yes or no. okay? Now the next thing is... what the lady suggested was, if you have a personal problem with a certain evengelical type Christian, you sya to them "no, God is nothing!" but if you have someone else who does not propagate religion but does strongly believe in it, you say to them "Yep, there is God although I am not really interested in Him"..... See that is contradiction...
However what I said was not a contradiction, because I did not say that I believed in the existance of their God. I merely said I respect their religion over Christianity, because they do not propagate their religions, or go on coversion sprees.

It's easy, I'll spell it out. Having admiration or respect for one religion over another, is not an admission of a belief in either God. I do not believe in any God from any religion. I only think that some religions are more respectful in the way they conduct themselves.

davin

HSC
N/A
but if you have someone else who does not propagate religion but does strongly believe in it, you say to them "Yep, there is God although I am not really interested in Him"..... See that is contradiction...
thats not at all how i read what she said. i believe it comes from.... if someone will respect my views and not force them on me and be civil about their views, then i will respect them, even if i disagree with their views.

to put it in a political frame.... i don't see an issue with the death penalty and i do fully support its use. I have friends that are very opposed to it. However, as we both respect one another's right to have an opinion, there isn't friction over the subject. If they were calling me a barbaric savage killer for supporting the death penalty, things would be very different. In a similar vein, (and I can't recall if Katie was in the agnostic or atheist catagory), assuming its generally agnostic, and we don't know..... I'd think it no contradiction for her to say she respects a group that believes in a higher power, even though she doesn't, if they don't, in her view, use that higher power to justify forcing their views on others, either via action or conversion.

Analyst

HSC
davin said:
thats not at all how i read what she said. i believe it comes from.... if someone will respect my views and not force them on me and be civil about their views, then i will respect them, even if i disagree with their views.

to put it in a political frame.... i don't see an issue with the death penalty and i do fully support its use. I have friends that are very opposed to it. However, as we both respect one another's right to have an opinion, there isn't friction over the subject. If they were calling me a barbaric savage killer for supporting the death penalty, things would be very different. In a similar vein, (and I can't recall if Katie was in the agnostic or atheist catagory), assuming its generally agnostic, and we don't know..... I'd think it no contradiction for her to say she respects a group that believes in a higher power, even though she doesn't, if they don't, in her view, use that higher power to justify forcing their views on others, either via action or conversion.
See u repeat my point again. The existence or otherwise of God is not dependent on what/how the people who believe do or say in His name. It only depends on God being/not being there Himself. She and you are discussing in the wrong form topic.... the topic was...."Does God exist?" not "whose belief in God do I respect more?"
:)

davin

HSC
N/A
no, your point was she was contradictory, which she wasn't. its off-topic, but not a contradictory statement, nor does it imply that she accepts that there is a god for some belief structures

Analyst

HSC
But she has pleaded guilty to accepting that she is more inclined to accept God from one person but not another due to her personal bias. Thats not the way to go about it, is it?
I mean if i say a black man is not acceptible to me when he says he believes in God and some other Red neck is, am I not being a racist/biased/preconcieved person?

davin

HSC
N/A
then i clearly missed her saying that... where did she say that?

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
But she has pleaded guilty to accepting that she is more inclined to accept God from one person but not another due to her personal bias.
She just feels some religions have committed less attrocities than others, that doesn't mean she's more inclined to accept God from them unless you want to use a total stretch of the imagination.

You're wrong.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
She just feels some religions have committed less attrocities than others, that doesn't mean she's more inclined to accept God from them unless you want to use a total stretch of the imagination.

You're wrong.
i dont think so, u speak as though she is the only who feels that way. There is hidden truth in there where i think davin and analyst have exposed.

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
Islam is just the ammended version of the torah, bible, buddhist teachings and hinduism.

The only contradiction however is in judaism the belief that moses is the last prophet is misinterpreted it was in relation to that era.

Many jewish people have accepted the teaching of the qur'an to be true.

Why have we not seen god? It's probably the same reason I get sick of responding in this thread.
Regardless of how many times he has destroyed civilasitions... resorted to mass punishments... sent prophets with powers... MAN remains just a filthy animal.
God is probably ashamed of man. (As we were created in his Image)
As many times as he has passed law, sent prophets... warned of HELL and SUFFERING; we continue sinning and being the animals we are.

God told us all how to live... to be pure and ask for forgiveness... to not resort to criminal things... yet we do...

Why do you try and devalue our beliefs? It's because you are Non-Believers... and are detrimental to society..(I already explained all this)

Thats why a "cleansing" period needs to occur every so often...
People are quick to argue about how Muhammad and his followers did at one stage; forceibly convert people with a sword.

But no one mentions the outstanding odds they faced... like in battles where they were outnumbered 10-1 and had second grade weaponry and little or no infantry...
yet prevailed!

There are many miracles in the world right now for those who are able to see them.
Most of you have severe superority complexes... man isn't special... Katie you're no different then a cow... or a hyena... (you look like one);

What does make me sad? is when muslims and christians and jews fight...
watching man die is sad...

Everyone is just so stupid... there will always be fighting among man... we will never reach perfection... there will always be people with a destructive attitude...

:( :(
Even heaven can't be perfect... satan was an angel....

I guess "life" is damned... What is God? I Don't know... No one does....

If I was god.. I would just destroy all life... everywhere... And even in my own segregated beliefs... I envision god reading this post right now... seeing through my guise... knowing that even i'm not perfect...

Just do the best you can.... you know what good and evil is... criticising something closest to the truth.... with untruths won't benefit anyone...

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
So anyway, anyone wanna answer me that... how are u so sure that the devil didn't write the bible/ koran etc. Maybe God, the 'thing' that created the universe has left us all these clues (naturalism, science) but instead we're falling prey to a stupid trick based on nothing, performed by the devil. As far as I can see 'religion' as we know it is the biggest blind-sighting the human race has experienced, if the devil is the 'great' deciever it would make sense that he invented all these religions to trick people and start wars etc.
How are you sure that satan isn't specifically seperating you from god so you can say that?
Even you must believe its possible... to be using names such as God and Devil... you believe they have some value...
You're probably just misguided...

There is a serious issue, people talk to kids with a monotone... it's natural for a little kid to believe God is a fairytale just like the tooth fairy and santa clause.. and even the easter bunny...

But thats not true...

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
sam04u said:
Thats why a "cleansing" period needs to occur every so often...

watching man die is sad...
it's obviously not sad. it's required. those godless abo's had it coming

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
How are you sure that satan isn't specifically seperating you from god so you can say that?
I don't know man! My example was purely to show that you just cannot know when you're dealing with these supernatural things.

Even you must believe its possible... to be using names such as God and Devil... you believe they have some value...
You're probably just misguided...
What?

There is a serious issue, people talk to kids with a monotone... it's natural for a little kid to believe God is a fairytale just like the tooth fairy and santa clause.. and even the easter bunny...

But thats not true...
Blah blah blah...

HotShot

-_-
HSC
SashatheMan said:
Have you notice how you dont answer his question, you just ask that same question back. But you are forgetting, that NTB uses rational thought, and doesnt believe in all the dogmas that come out of believing a god from some holly book. The furthest he and many other rational thinkers will go is , to say , that they dont know that the devil even exists. But since you throw out all your rationality when it comes to the subject , anything could be possible in your world, even the possibility of the devil manipulating your holly books.

Since you got jackshit of evidence for either, the probability that the devil is actually tricking you , is the same as god actually righting the book.
i dont think NTB answers his, NTB has just claimed that sciene somehow disproves the existence which doesnt make any sense because science was created by GOD, as GOD has created everything. either u can believe in it or not. whether god exists or not is irrevalant.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
I did answer his... I said 'I don't know', but I then went on to point out the reason I don't know is because this is what happens when you start believing in supernatural things.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
SashatheMan said:
Science proves how the universe evolved, and how life evolved on earth. Which is against what the bible or even the quran state, hence they show that the books are wrong. And since they are wrong, the god which is depicted in them is not real.
as i said religion has little to do with god, there heaps of religions out there. religions is simply there to help in a way to believe in god.

so wat the books is irrevelent. as it provides no evidence to the existance of god. after NTB has proved that religion is useless in essence.

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
crazyhomo said:
it's obviously not sad. it's required. those godless abo's had it coming
Sometimes, even the "sad" is necessary.

SashatheMan said:
Since you got jackshit of evidence for either, the probability that the devil is actually tricking you , is the same as god actually righting the book.
The Qur'an has good and moral values.
Therefore, it cannot be written by the "devil".

The men which were in that era who had overcome the odds were documented by other sources too... it was as if they were "blessed" which is exactly the case.
The armies had a blessing which is commonly refered to as the "ummah"; and is presumably why they prevailed.

Some historians claim they had acess to more meat and were more fanatic... (believe what you will)

garbagedump said:
What do u mean by "amended version"/??
The Qur'an was passed to Muhammad (PBUH) In about the 6th century...
Muhammad is the last prohphet of God.
However, prophets of god include;
Adam
Job
Jonah
Noah
Abraham
Ismael
Isaac
Jacob
Joseph
Hud
Elias
Elijah
Ezekail
Imran
Moses
Aaron
Lot
David
Solomon
Saleh
Zakaraia
John the Baptist
Jesus
Muhammad

(Noah, Abraham, Moses, Jesus, and the Prophet Muhammad)
Being the most significant.

[the Torah, the Psalms, the Evangel (gospels)] <---Important texts.

Islam also mentions Hinduism and Buddhism.
(In the final days;..)

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
It also contains a whole bunch of 'facts' about those prophets that are completely wrong, eg. Jesus was Moses' nephew, and that the Psalms were a "Book" given to David the same way the Quran was given to Muhammed.

Muhammed didn't really know very much about the Old Testament, and it shows in the Quran.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)