Does God exist? (5 Viewers)

do you believe in god?

• Total voters

IamBread

HSC
How does the human body work so harmoniously and well?
Human body work so well? Have you ever heard of cancer? Disease? How often does the human body fail. Say that to a person with a from-birth defect.

Annihilist

HSC
How does the human body work so harmoniously and well? Why is Planet Earth so beautiful (you don't need a David Attenborough documentary to prove that)? Ultimately he only created the entire universe. The only rotten eggs are us, committing sin after sin everyday. God only does what's morally right by punishing us for the intentional sins we've committed. He is trying to neutralise everything, but ultimately it's up to us to try and minimise our intentional acts of sin. Everything else that is under his control is working perfectly. He has given us the intelligence to discern between right and wrong. What we do is up to us, not Him.

So in reality we should be fixing up our actions instead of blaming God for it all.
Why do we have cancer and allergies and wisdom teeth and pain in childbirth? People do not work perfectly and harmoniously - we are terribly designed.

Ugh, I'm sick of this. If you believe in this shit, you're stupid. I'm not sorry, you are. The evidence has been provided, the information is there, and you just ignore it. You're infuriating, frustrating, ignorant, and just, plain, fucking, stupid.

funkshen

dvds didnt exist in 1991
HSC
N/A
lol at anyone who believes everyone gets what they deserve

literally the most coercive doctrine there is

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Exactly. You cannot conclusively prove God (or some higher power be that God, Buddha, Allah, Krishna, whatever) does or does not exist. However people form their own opinions based on their own life experiences (or lack thereof).
Not quite. You could prove that God exists. There could be evidence to prove it. There isn't. But there could be.

You can't prove that God doesn't exist. You can state that it's a logical impossibility or that no evidence has been presented, but you can't prove god doesn't exist because that's not how rational reasoning works.

planino

HSC
Human body work so well? Have you ever heard of cancer? Disease? How often does the human body fail. Say that to a person with a from-birth defect.

I was referring to an ideal situation where everything is working fine. You cannot deny then that it's more intricate than what man can ever attempt to build (no offense to man, you brought us many nice things like planes, airports, a bed, blanket etc.) But yeah I guess I did overlook it and this was a bad example.

Last edited:

IamBread

HSC
I was referring to an ideal situation where everything is working fine. You cannot deny then that it's more intricate than what man can ever attempt to build (no offense to man, you brought us many nice things like planes, airports, a bed, blanket etc.) But yeah I guess I did overlook it
Currently it is more 'complex' then what man can build. But where's the law that says "if man can't build it, God must have"?

RANK 1

HSC
How does the human body work so harmoniously and well? Why is Planet Earth so beautiful (you don't need a David Attenborough documentary to prove that)? Ultimately he only created the entire universe. The only rotten eggs are us, committing sin after sin everyday. God only does what's morally right by punishing us for the intentional sins we've committed. He is trying to neutralise everything, but ultimately it's up to us to try and minimise our intentional acts of sin. Everything else that is under his control is working perfectly. He has given us the intelligence to discern between right and wrong. What we do is up to us, not Him.

So in reality we should be fixing up our actions instead of blaming God for it all.
he has a whole universe of which we are less than 0.001% of it. what makes you think that he cares enough about us to spend his existence in controlling us. (assuming he exists)

planino

HSC
he has a whole universe of which we are less than 0.001% of it. what makes you think that he cares enough about us to spend his existence in controlling us. (assuming he exists)
As I mentioned multiple times before, it's because he loves us

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
Currently it is more 'complex' then what man can build. But where's the law that says "if man can't build it, God must have"?
The human brain et al are incredibly complex. Nature alone could not have pulled off the greatest engineering of all time.

planino

HSC
Why do we have cancer and allergies and wisdom teeth and pain in childbirth? People do not work perfectly and harmoniously - we are terribly designed.

Ugh, I'm sick of this. If you believe in this shit, you're stupid. I'm not sorry, you are. The evidence has been provided, the information is there, and you just ignore it. You're infuriating, frustrating, ignorant, and just, plain, fucking, stupid.
As far as I know, I attempted to explain my beliefs to you and others and you did the same. I wasn't expecting to 'change' you and I hope you weren't expecting to change me either. In fact I have actually been intrigued (in a curious, not negative sense) by your and others' perspectives on this issue, but like I said earlier, I was only attempting to explain my beliefs

mirakon

nigga
HSC
The human brain et al are incredibly complex. Nature alone could not have pulled off the greatest engineering of all time.
How many times do ppl have to go through why this is an incredibly flawed proposition

IamBread

HSC
How'd you get into UNSW? (Edit: This is regarded at you questioning the brain's complexity, if that's what you were doing)
I was questioning "Nature alone could not have pulled off the greatest engineering of all time."

I got into UNSW because I am skeptical of the world and I don't believe things without evidence. Hence why I am doing adv science.

funkshen

dvds didnt exist in 1991
HSC
N/A
watches are pretty complex. i dunno how they work LOL

PRAISE ALLAH

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)