• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Does God exist? (1 Viewer)

do you believe in god?

• Total voters

RANK 1

HSC
I know you lightly touched on it in a later post, but please explain further
the guy said everything has to have a creator in an attempt to prove big bang theory wrong and intelligent design correct, hence if everything has to have a creator then so would god

mirakon

nigga
HSC
He's just accepted state of ignorance and is just acting on preferences. (correct me if i'm wrong mira)
No your are right. As stated earlier, I think proving/disproving a God is futile. Ergo, its pretty much picking sides on preference.

Bored_of_HSC

HSC
No your are right. As stated earlier, I think proving/disproving a God is futile. Ergo, its pretty much picking sides on preference.
+1 to lolcakes, you've expanded beliefs too

If there was a god, i'd worship you br8 :p

Magical Kebab

HSC
God exists, I cbf writing why this is true, it will be around 20,000 words if I bother.
If u disagree, ur plain stupid.
Nuff said.

IamBread

HSC
God exists, I cbf writing why this is true, it will be around 20,000 words if I bother.
If u disagree, ur plain stupid.
Nuff said.
Great argument. It's all clear to me now. I will now go on worshiping his mighty noodliness.

planino

HSC
Many terrorists do what they do for their religion. Because they think God wants them to crush heresy and non-belief. I don't think terrorists should get away with it. But they do. Your belief is based on something you would LIKE to be true - you WANT there to be justice, and you cannot face an uncaring world which allows such people to get away with their actions. The fact is that the world we live in doesn't care about us and there is no natural objective justice system.

Right...

How do we trust that his decisions are right? If we're talking from the Bible, God demands worship, and obedience from his subjects. His sense of morality is skewed. How can you trust him fully, as though you are one hundred percent sure he is doing the right thing? I have to be cynical of anyone with authority because there's no way to tell how genuine their actions are.

What you are suggesting is blind faith and naivety. And stupid. You are stupid. Think for yourself. Don't let others think for you. Don't trust God's morality as the one true morality. There is no objective morality, there is no natural justice. Deal with it.

God is an asshole. The Christian God is narcissistic - he demands worship and obedience (as I said) and damns people to hell for disagreeing. People who are strong enough and smart enough to make decisions for themselves get sent to eternal hell for doing so, and defying God's righteousness.
My belief is based on something I BELIEVE is true, hence it's called a BELIEF. Of course the majority of the world is uncaring - God'll take care of it. You've just gotta trust that! How do you know whether a doctor has not (intentionally) replaced your Benadryl with a deadly concoction? This is trust. I understand that most terrorists are misguided, and I also understand that many are from impoverished settings. I also understand that terrorists spread terrorist mentality by going into slums and promising the impoverished a fortune if they work for them in the name of religion. The terrorists understand that religion and poverty are a very potent mixture that can have immensely good and bad effects (like nuclear power).

God will take care of this, how can I trust Him? I am not the smartest person on the planet and I know that God is the most intelligent (however stupid this may sound to you), and with that I trust Him. Because he's the most intelligent, of course he'd know the right thing to do. And this is not blind faith, it's faith.

He 'demands' worship because he knows eternal happiness lies above in Heaven, not here. He doesn't send people to hell for disagreeing, he sends them to hell for a major punishment for major misdeeds. Even calling him an 'asshole' in my opinion won't get you sent to hell, because God's merciful

IamBread

HSC
My belief is based on something I BELIEVE is true, hence it's called a BELIEF. Of course the majority of the world is uncaring - God'll take care of it. You've just gotta trust that! How do you know whether a doctor has not (intentionally) replaced your Benadryl with a deadly concoction? This is trust. I understand that most terrorists are misguided, and I also understand that many are from impoverished settings. I also understand that terrorists spread terrorist mentality by going into slums and promising the impoverished a fortune if they work for them in the name of religion. The terrorists understand that religion and poverty are a very potent mixture that can have immensely good and bad effects (like nuclear power).

God will take care of this, how can I trust Him? I am not the smartest person on the planet and I know that God is the most intelligent (however stupid this may sound to you), and with that I trust Him. Because he's the most intelligent, of course he'd know the right thing to do. And this is not blind faith, it's faith.

He 'demands' worship because he knows eternal happiness lies above in Heaven, not here. He doesn't send people to hell for disagreeing, he sends them to hell for a major punishment for major misdeeds. Even calling him an 'asshole' in my opinion won't get you sent to hell, because God's merciful
Do you believe in Supergod? He is infinitely more intelligent and just then the normal God. Though he sends people who believe in God to Superhell, which is infinitely worse then normal hell, while people who don't believe in normal God get to go to superheaven which is also infinitely better then heaven. So you'll get what you deserve.

RANK 1

HSC

you realise its been taking god over 100,000 years to fix things and he isnt even close yet

mirakon

nigga
HSC
I remember some agnostic with a BA in philosophy was in an argument with a theist and an atheist many pages back in this thread and after covering pretty much every conceivable point they all ended up deciding something along the lines of "fuck this shit" and left the thread.

I'm surprised its still going

Bored_of_HSC

HSC
I remember some agnostic with a BA in philosophy was in an argument with a theist and an atheist many pages back in this thread and after covering pretty much every conceivable point they all ended up deciding something along the lines of "fuck this shit" and left the thread.

I'm surprised its still going
Yeah lol this thread has probably gone in the same cycle many many times.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)