Does God exist? (1 Viewer)

do you believe in god?

• Total voters

volition

arr.
HSC
Dr_Doom said:
I don't see how this is relavent. but some cars do run on water. And GOD is more than just an entity. So you can't compare GOD to unicorns and ghosts.
The point is that you could also assert that those things(bigfoot, fairies etc) exist without any proof of them. Now, because I can't disprove their existence, does that mean that they DO exist?

It boils down to: "you have to prove god exists" rather than other people being made to disprove God's existence.

davin

HSC
N/A
Dr_Doom said:
So you agree? God exists. Cheers bro. God bless you :)
who are you responding to, and more importantly, how could you possibly read any of those three messages as saying god exists directly?

pkc

HSC
N/A
Dr_Doom said:
I don't see how this is relavent. but some cars do run on water. And GOD is more than just an entity. So you can't compare GOD to unicorns and ghosts.
Your view is proof that religious indoctrination of young children with RE should be banned.

Anyone pushing this line of thought should be hung up by the balls and charged with crime against sanity.:eek:

dilroy

HSC
Dr_Doom said:
When it says god created the world in 7 days. It doesn't say how long those days were. And how do you kno evolution isn't the work of god?

Earth would take up way way less than 0.0001. That would be saying 10,000 earths fill up the universe. Where does it say god lives in clouds. Your the ignorant one.

I seriously hate when people like you come to this thread and claim they KNOW there is no god and they're 100% right 100% of the time. You have no repect for anyone or anything.
It really shits me when people say evolution is the work of God. Alright so when biologists/scientists come up with the theory of evolution, some religious fruit cake steps in and says "OK God is behind evolution"... This must mean that humans are controlling God right? Making the false statements and decisions for him?

Humans came up with evolution and humans came up with creationism. The God believers tend to be the most ignorant ones because they seem to be unaware that there were hundreds of religions created before Judaism (The creation of God), not to mention Bhuddism and Hinduism existed long before the creation of God.

If some dimwitt popped out of no where today and claimed to be the second son of God, would you believe him?

Religion altogether has gone out of date, something needs to replace it, just like golden ages, life and the booming economies of nations, nothing lasts forever.

davin

HSC
N/A
If some dimwitt popped out of no where today and claimed to be the second son of God, would you believe him?
i'd point out i'm a second cousin of god by marriage, but that might be lacking relevancy

pkc

HSC
N/A
Dr_Doom said:
I seriously hate when people like you come to this thread and claim they KNOW there is no god and they're 100% right 100% of the time. You have no repect for anyone or anything.
Awwww.... it sounds like someone's blissful state of euphoria is starting to wear off.
Grab that bible buddy and take another hit.

Thats it........suck it in.

Ahhh.... see God must exist.:)

G

genavania

with the whole evolution thing i think you are all missing the point.
The bible does and always has said that God created the earth.
Genesis Chapter 1
http://bibleresources.bible.com/passagesearchresults.php?passage1=Genesis+1&version1=31

it doesnt say how he exactly did it. No detailed examples of his scientific method.
and if you think these things are nessesary then i think you are missing the point.
The story of creation is written in a form of writing similar to poetry as you would expect such a tale that would have passed through generations from Adam to whoever wrote it down to be in.
Many people take it literally. Now whether or not they are n the right track i dont think is really irrellevant.
In my opinion and the opinion of many other christian people it is not the HOW of creation but the WHO that matters.
In verse one you read
In the begining God created the heavens and the earth.
thats it plain and simple in the begining GOD.
God did it. Who cares how? Who cares how long it took him? Who cares what method he used? does it really matter?

the point is that God did it. and because he did it we think well what does that mean for me?

_dhj_

-_-
HSC
In verse one you read
In the begining God created the heavens and the earth.
thats it plain and simple in the begining GOD.
God did it. Who cares how? Who cares how long it took him? Who cares what method he used? does it really matter?
It's only a book.

G

genavania

yes its a book but its the basis of the religion in question so its a pretty freakin relevant book

garbagedump

HSC
N/A
"many people take it literally"

mmm....thats what happens when something supposedly believed to be fact in proven to be wrong...let's all take it metaphorically...:p

genavania, u are relli sad....since there is overwhelming evidence for evolution christians turn to say...that it doesnt relli matter what proces but who

HSC
god isnt something you "prove" its a personal faith built from reading the bible, and him communicating to you. sometimes you can tell the difference between your conscience and god. i believe he exists, if we look around us and say "yep this was result of a big meteor hitting the earth, and 6.4 billion years later viola" simple as that, we create complex multicell organisms, reptiles, amphibians, mamalls (humans)

at the same coincidence/convienience there is also the entire universe created where basically a fireball of infinite heat just happend to create itself because it got bored and some subatomic particles decided "lets blow up!"

and at the same time a solar system was born with perfect sized/type sun, with perfect distance size/gravity away from the sun a planet. and at that planet was a perfect atmosphere, and at the same time their was suffecient water and life just decided to come about from nothing.

wayyyyyyyyyy too many coincidences for my liking.

Last edited:

garbagedump

HSC
N/A
"yep this was result of a big meteor hitting the earth, and 6.4 billion years later viola" simple as that
yes...you're 18 odd years on earth have led you to know what can and can not occur during 6.4 billion years.

god isnt something you "prove"
yet, there are many christians out there who claim that there's evidence of God's existence.

yy

HSC
N/A
it seems to me the same argument are being repeated many times in this thread
(this comment has prob been repeated before too)

garbagedump

HSC
N/A
to the inexperienced eye yea...but there are subtle if not inconspicious differences

Last edited:

pkc

HSC
N/A
Casmira said:
and at the same time a solar system was born with perfect sized/type sun, with perfect distance size/gravity away from the sun a planet. and at that planet was a perfect atmosphere, and at the same time their was suffecient water and life just decided to come about from nothing.

Look at it this way Einstein...
What the number plate on your car (or you parents)?
What are the chances that your car got it? millions to 1 right, but you got it anyway.
Do you really think someone sat down and planned that your car should get that plate ???
It's the same silly reasoning to say there must be a God just because we are highly complex animals.

Another thing, I think you are underestimating just how long 6.4 billion years really is, and the absolutely enormous number of ways things can be put together that can be tried out in that time.

Jaydels

HSC
Casmira said:

the thing is though...the earth wasn't made the way it is just to make it inhabitable for humans and other animals...we all evolved to live in the existing environment. So if any of the conditions were different eg. no oxygen, we'd probably adapted to breathing some other gas

G

genavania

pkc said:
Look at it this way Einstein...
What the number plate on your car (or you parents)?
What are the chances that your car got it? millions to 1 right, but you got it anyway.
Do you really think someone sat down and planned that your car should get that plate ???
It's the same silly reasoning to say there must be a God just because we are highly complex animals.

Another thing, I think you are underestimating just how long 6.4 billion years really is, and the absolutely enormous number of ways things can be put together that can be tried out in that time.
that was irellevant

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)