• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Does God exist? (1 Viewer)

do you believe in god?

• Total voters

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
boris said:
But how does anybody know?

The people who wrote the Bible never experienced Heaven. How do they know?
Because people have faith in Gods word , which says it will be awesome....perhaps in less colloquial language than mine though...

HalcyonSky

HSC
so if his son took our punishment, i can sin all i want with no consequence

azren127

HSC
not accepting christ is whats sending ppl to hell, GOD DOESNT SEND US TO HELL we send ourselves by not accepting God all the bad crap in the world we cant blame on God what we've done ourselves, God gave us free will! any bad crap in the world is what we as humans have done, the twin towers for example, the reason all that happened was coz a group of blokes decided to get a plane and run it into a building God gave us free will hes not going stick his hand in the way of what we do, he will sometimes and its awesome to experience it. know can know why sum things happen and others dont were not supposed to.

boris

Banned
HSC
azren127 said:
not accepting christ is whats sending ppl to hell, GOD DOESNT SEND US TO HELL we send ourselves by not accepting God all the bad crap in the world we cant blame on God what we've done ourselves, God gave us free will! any bad crap in the world is what we as humans have done, the twin towers for example, the reason all that happened was coz a group of blokes decided to get a plane and run it into a building God gave us free will hes not going stick his hand in the way of what we do, he will sometimes and its awesome to experience it. know can know why sum things happen and others dont were not supposed to.
Oh ffs.

HalcyonSky

HSC
so god made like a computer prog that just automatically filters non believers to hell? help me understand plz im new 2 christianity, it sounds really interesting though

boris

Banned
HSC
*TRUE* said:
Because people have faith in Gods word , which says it will be awesome....perhaps in less colloquial language than mine though...
So then really we're just relying on somebody elses interpretation of Gods word.

Awesome is not a universal trait. Eternal bliss for me may be something entirely different from what you consider eternal bliss.

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
zimmerman8k said:
But god is all powerful. Why is this elaborate sacrifice necessary? Why couldn't he just wave us magic god hands and forgive us?

Spiritual laws. The foundations of Earth are on Gods word, he established it that way. God IS his word.
It couldnt be changed. Remember Jesus asked his Father , if there was another way , but there was not.
Gods word is eternal , and sin was a debt that needed to be payed.

boris

Banned
HSC
And does it not say in John 3:13 that nobody has ascended into Heaven except Jesus?

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
boris said:
So then really we're just relying on somebody elses interpretation of Gods word.

Awesome is not a universal trait. Eternal bliss for me may be something entirely different from what you consider eternal bliss.
I think if you have faith in God , he will give you a great interpretation of Heaven.
He did for me after a loooooong while...that was when it talks about God preparing a place for us.
He says , and if i go , to prepare a place for YOU....and i realised , he knows ME!!! He wouldnt have a heaven i hated. The idea of wearing sheets and sitting on clouds never appealed.
I think God knows us all as individuals...knows us better than we do. And i think he is powerful enough to cater heaven for all of us.

boris

Banned
HSC
And why is the Bible so anti female?

Like, why is Babylon referred to as a she constantly?

For all the nations have drunk from the wine of her sexual immorality, and the kings of the earth have committed sexual immorality with her. The world's businesses have become rich from her luxurious excesses.

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
HalcyonSky said:
so if his son took our punishment, i can sin all i want with no consequence
Sigh. Nooooo:)
You have to acknowledge his giving his life...then offer YOURSELF as a living sacrifice....live for him:) Try to do HIS work on earth.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
boris said:
And why is the Bible so anti female?

Like, why is Babylon referred to as a she constantly?
They never liked women. We're unclean little menstruating whores.

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
boris said:
And does it not say in John 3:13 that nobody has ascended into Heaven except Jesus?
Well because that doesn't happen until the day of judgement duh.

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
3unitz said:
leviticus 5:7"and if he be not able to bring a lamb, then he shall bring his trespass, which he hath committed, two turtledoves, or two young pigeons, unto the lord; one for a sin offering, and the other for a burnt offering"
...verse 11: "but if he be not able to bring two turtledoves, or two young pigeons, then he that sinned shall bring for his offering the tenth part of an ephah of fine flour for a sin offering; he shall put no oil upon it, neither shall he put any frankincense thereon: for it is a sin offering.

fine flour would have done the trick. why the blood offering of jesus?
they had to sacrifice animals as almost temopary fixes. it was not enough to cover ll humanities sin.

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
zimmerman8k said:
Ok, but why did he construct it that way in the first place. Couldn't he have made the initial ground rules less onerous? Seems like he is a foolish God obsessed with bizzare and impractical rituals and traditions.
I dont understadn God at all:)
i know he is more complicated than anything i could EVER comprehend....
I often wish hed make it easier for me to understand...then again , i dont think Id think so highly of him if he were my equal in understanding.

boris

Banned
HSC
Enteebee said:
Well because that doesn't happen until the day of judgement duh.
Well wait, I am confused.

Does that just mean nobody had been judged and ascended into heaven since before the verse was written, or does it mean a shitload of people are in limbo waiting for God to show himself again?

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
scarybunny said:
God's firstborn , Israel , is also referred to as female, as I recall.

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
scarybunny said:
no it is not that it is against women. think of the time it was all happening.

boris

Banned
HSC
emytaylor164 said:
no it is not that it is against women. think of the time it was all happening.
What has time got to do with it?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)