Does God exist? (2 Viewers)

do you believe in god?

• Total voters

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
KFunk said:
Do you think that such a thing is deserved? If not, is it really the kind of club you want to join?
from a christian point of view, all humans deserve it.

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
Schroedinger said:
Which is why it's so sickeningly grotesque and morally corrupt.
I disagree, from a christian perspective we see right throughout the bible God warning us that sin=death, which means hell. It is our own fault if we sin, not Gods, he didn't cause the sin in our lives, we did.

HSC
Uni Grad
Schroedinger said:
Which is why it's so sickeningly grotesque and morally corrupt.
I disagree on that. I think its the other way around. No human is perfect, we have all done bad things, maybe not what human society would consider really bad (such as murder), we still fight with other people, said hurtful things or really dislike them (there are times were I won't blame anyone for doing that.)

No flame wars please!

*runs*

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
emytaylor164 said:
noooo don't
Sorry Em, I just cant anymore...bad stuff happened : No wait Ill PM you.

Starting to wonder if i could create a better religion.
Ill come back when i get it worked out in my head.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
The Eagle456840 said:
I myself believe that God exists and do not believe in evolution, despite being an enthusiastic Biology student. I will note on your post that the evidence for evolution cannot be denied, you'll probably find a couple of chapters devoted to it in most HSC bio textbooks. But the fact is that there is evidence and we know natural selection (a major aspect of the theory as you probably know) can occur (Antibiotic resistant bacteria are a very good example.)

But even though there is evidence for Darwin's theory does not mean I believe it. I used to, but now it doesn't make sense. I choose not to accept it. No matter how much I write about it in class. You're welcome to think I must be crazy to be doing Biology considering my beliefs.
As a student of university biology myself, maybe I am well placed to answer questions. What doesn't make sense?

HSC
Uni Grad
Kwayera said:
As a student of university biology myself, maybe I am well placed to answer questions. What doesn't make sense?
I just don't get the whole thing with organisms turning into completely different organisms. Granted evolutionists say it takes a very long time. Or why some organisms can't seem to make up their mind (pardon me I know there is no thought involved in the process), wether they want to be in the water or on land (like whales) or something similar to that.

I understand variations within a species and that these variations come across due to events occuring in the process of meiosis causing changes in genes) and through mutations in the DNA sequence which causes a change in the production of protiens during protien synthesis. Many mutations appear to be of little benifit to an organism as genetic abnormalities result and only the mutations which occur in an organisms gametes are passed on.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
emytaylor164 said:
I disagree, from a christian perspective we see right throughout the bible God warning us that sin=death, which means hell. It is our own fault if we sin, not Gods, he didn't cause the sin in our lives, we did.
What fucked up christian sect are you? last I checked everyone sins and that whether or not we went to heaven/hell was down to faith in jesus.
"Thomas saith unto him, Lord we know not whither thou goest; and how can we know the way?
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth and the life: no man cometh unto the father, but by me."

squeenie

And goodness knows...
HSC
inasero said:
I'm curious what kind of things do you believe we have control over?

edit: Or rather, what things do we not have control over?
We don't have control over activity of the earth, or the rest of the universe for that matter. We can't control when an earthquake or tsunami happens. There won't be anything that we can do when the sun eventually collapses onto itself and burns up the inner solar system in several billion years.

And believe it or not, we don't have complete control over our own physical processes either. For example, no matter how hard you try, you cannot asphyxiate by holding your breath. Sooner or later, you'll breathe, whether you want to or not.

Last edited:

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
squeenie said:
And believe it or not, we don't have complete control over our own physical processes either. For example, no matter how hard you try, you cannot asphyxiate by holding your breath. Sooner or later, you'll breathe, whether you want to or not.
Bullshit, you just don't have enough will power.

bigboyjames

Banned
HSC
Its silly to believe there's a god out there who created a universe of infinite size, or lets just say he creates infinity and then put some creatures on dot of a planet and just sits and watches 6 billion people. Why did he create Satan anyway? "Its a test" is the only answer some people come up with. So god had nothing better to do than creating some creatures and testing them for fun? What a loser. And on top of that this fictional character does sound very egotistic and self-centered. In holy books he keeps praising himself like there's no tomorrow. And then "commands"' you to praise him whether you're impressed or not.

but heck, believe what ever you want, but please, don't pass it off as facts.

inasero

Reborn
HSC
3unitz said:
you dont even know what a scientific theory is

no, im not going to waste my time with you. we've given plenty of evidence for evolution in this thread already, the point is you ignore it.
lol prove me wrong and show me you know what you're arguing, rather than resorting to base rhetoric. so again, i'm asking you to show me you personally understand the evidence behind evolution, if you please.

inasero

Reborn
HSC
bigboyjames said:
Its silly to believe there's a god out there who created a universe of infinite size, or lets just say he creates infinity and then put some creatures on dot of a planet and just sits and watches 6 billion people. Why did he create Satan anyway? "Its a test" is the only answer some people come up with. So god had nothing better to do than creating some creatures and testing them for fun? What a loser. And on top of that this fictional character does sound very egotistic and self-centered. In holy books he keeps praising himself like there's no tomorrow. And then "commands"' you to praise him whether you're impressed or not.

but heck, believe what ever you want, but please, don't pass it off as facts.
i believe your interpretation of the bible is mistaken.
anyway, doesn't the quran teach the same things?

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
Can you link, or explain to us your critique of evolution, inasero?

What problems do you see with evolution?

inasero

Reborn
HSC
Graney said:
Can you link, or explain to us your critique of evolution, inasero?

What problems do you see with evolution?
the single biggest flaw with evolution is the incontinuity in the fossil record. but that's not the point. the point is that if someone is going to ridicule my beliefs then they better come up with some proper justification, which most people have been doing. but ITT 3unitz has done nothing except make personal attacks. i want to see if he can stand on his own two feet rather than hide behind other people's arguments.

3unitz said:
lol suppress the truth by wickedness? why would i suppress truth if it means going to heaven? what a load of utter shit. truth and reality are the only things i dont suppress - hence why i am atheist. what about you inasero? what truths do you suppress? what evidence do you ignore? evolution? NO NO NONO THE SCIENTISTS ARE WRONG!!! *IGNORES EVIDENCE*

antonyneal

HSC
Yeh he is so compassionate. His creations which are less then ants to him do not say how good and nice he is all the time so he will roast them in hell for all eternity. Sounds like a real secure and well adjusted guy to me.

bigboyjames

Banned
HSC
inasero said:
i believe your interpretation of the bible is mistaken.
anyway, doesn't the quran teach the same things?
oh please, you and i both know that the Abraham god is egoistic.

second chapter of the Qu'ran, I believe the second verse reads "This is the book wherein there is no doubt, a guidance to those who believe in the unseen." It may be an oxymoron, but there you have it. It pretty much says that you ain't getting anything else. You either believe it or you don't. If you want more evidence, tough break.

i can guarantee you there is a verse similar to that in the bible.....i jsut cant be fucked digging it up.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)