Does God exist? (17 Viewers)

do you believe in god?

• Total voters

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
Lukybear said:
There is no evidence of God... Mabey you didnt look hard enough? God wont reveal Himself through science or logic? Why should He?

And from your post, you sound like as if you truly want to find God, but after reading countless of your other posts... i dont belive that.
I do want to find God, but I do not want to trick myself into believing something which it does not make sense to believe in.

gibbo153

buff member
HSC
N/A
i got disconnected and lost all of my un-submitted reply. quite irritating.

yeah i think those are some good points. i don't ever really suspect thiestic or non-thiestic thinkers will ever to be able to provide a absolute conclusion either way. i don't attest that to the lack of credit of either argument, moreso to my belief from the bible that God gives us enough evidence to make a decision.

i don't believe that logic in of itself can bridge the gap to christian belief, i think it simply provides us with bridge enough for a leap of faith to be reasonable.

it's ironic that a lot of the common thiestic arguments wouldn't really convince me if i was not a christian already.

that said, some of my logical reasoning for at the justification of belief in God being at least 'reasonable', comes from the teleological argument, and also Aquinas 5 ways. i accept they both have strong rebuttals, but even my personal pessimism and reluctance to believe in an unseen god was at least counter-balanced.

from there i drew my faith from my acceptence of the argument of Revelation. but thats more faith than logic

gibbo153

buff member
HSC
N/A
zstar said:
He may exist but as far as your life is concerned he's irrelevant and when you stop thinking about him he disappears out of all existence.
i think God's relevance comes from his claims regarding both death and life. death and life are quite relevant for humanity i think, more relevant than some guy on the moon (who claims nothing)

zstar

HSC
N/A
gibbo153 said:
i think God's relevance comes from his claims regarding both death and life. death and life are quite relevant for humanity i think, more relevant than some guy on the moon (who claims nothing)
Well unless there's solid evidence that you spoke or communicated with God then nothing you or clergymen say is relevant.

Religion is ancient mans way of explaining things they could not understand such as the sun or the water so they gave these things human characteristics and tried to use supernatural explanations, Ancient people believed in a whole array of gods but we know today that everything they said was a load of nonsense.

Religion today is the same thing, All based on assumptions and not facts.

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
Lukybear said:
Why should he talk 2 you? WHat are you, merely an insignifficant human within this universe.

Lets put it in prespective? Why would an omnipotent being, talk to you? Except ofcourse out of love? How can He love if you show no faith?
He loves us regardless

aliwonga

HSC
Lukybear said:
There is no evidence of God... Mabey you didnt look hard enough? God wont reveal Himself through science or logic? Why should He?

And from your post, you sound like as if you truly want to find God, but after reading countless of your other posts... i dont belive that.
u just believe in Him n u will be saved! :)

gibbo153

buff member
HSC
N/A
zstar said:
Well unless there's solid evidence that you spoke or communicated with God then nothing you or clergymen say is relevant.

Religion is ancient mans way of explaining things they could not understand such as the sun or the water so they gave these things human characteristics and tried to use supernatural explanations, Ancient people believed in a whole array of gods but we know today that everything they said was a load of nonsense.

Religion today is the same thing, All based on assumptions and not facts.
read my other post champ

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
gibbo153 said:
Death and life are only relevant to God because it remains a mystery to humanity. Science has found an explanation for near all else that God has laid specific claim over. Thus the natural world is no longer God's territory, so religion has retreated into the supernatural world.
But what happens when the ever-expanding knowledge of science breaches the barrier between the worlds? When science is capable of killing someone and bringing them back to relate their adventures, what will they say of your God and his Kingdom of Heaven? When the entire human genome structure is mapped and we are capable of picking and choosing which ones we desire, where will your life-giving God go?
Science continues it's inevitable march towards knowledge whilst religion fights a rearguard action in vain defence of a lost idea. Choose sides wisely. The end of one is nigh.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
aliwonga said:
u just believe in Him n u will be saved! :)
How convenient. Salvation in 5 minutes, with a handshake and a prayer, out the door and on with living however you feel like. A quick, easy, and hollow McReligion befitting the consumer culture of the 21st century.

Where's the love? Where's the devotion? Where's the good deeds for your fellow man?

Lukybear

HSC
Graney said:
How convenient. Salvation in 5 minutes, with a handshake and a prayer, out the door and on with living however you feel like. A quick, easy, and hollow McReligion befitting the consumer culture of the 21st century.

Where's the love? Where's the devotion? Where's the good deeds for your fellow man?
Its a lot more complicated then that. At least Christianity is. You are only saved, if you do truly belive. But for that to happen God must select you to be saved. There are heaps of other things relating to salvation and it would be too tedious to list everything.

Darcy111

HSC
Lukybear said:
Its a lot more complicated then that. At least Christianity is. You are only saved, if you do truly belive. But for that to happen God must select you to be saved. There are heaps of other things relating to salvation and it would be too tedious to list everything.
what do you mean by this?

Lukybear

HSC
moll. said:
Death and life are only relevant to God because it remains a mystery to humanity. Science has found an explanation for near all else that God has laid specific claim over. Thus the natural world is no longer God's territory, so religion has retreated into the supernatural world.
But what happens when the ever-expanding knowledge of science breaches the barrier between the worlds? When science is capable of killing someone and bringing them back to relate their adventures, what will they say of your God and his Kingdom of Heaven? When the entire human genome structure is mapped and we are capable of picking and choosing which ones we desire, where will your life-giving God go?
Science continues it's inevitable march towards knowledge whilst religion fights a rearguard action in vain defence of a lost idea. Choose sides wisely. The end of one is nigh.
Ahhh, LOLOL...
You dream, you dream.

O and btw, God has already killed someone and brought Him back to life. Christ, in which you and my salvation lies.

Lukybear

HSC
Darcy111 said:
what do you mean by this?
Well it says in the bible, in Corithians, fellow Christians can back me up, that God knew who was to be saved and who was not? My memory is a bit hazy, but the meaning is so so.

Darcy111

HSC
Lukybear said:
Well it says in the bible, in Corithians, fellow Christians can back me up, that God knew who was to be saved and who was not? My memory is a bit hazy, but the meaning is so so.
but doesnt this deny the free will god gives us?

Lukybear

HSC
See, i always stood on my philosphy that, logic and science cannot apply to God. However since we are on this topic, it does not. God is an omnipotent entity, which means defying logic is possible.

Its the same case with predetermination in philosphy, and how thats contradictory to free will in christianity.

latinorulz

HSC
God exists. I just can't prove it.

But I BELIEVE MOTHER FUKERRR.

and you atheists gonna get cockmeat sandwich. IN HELL.

so there :)

Darcy111

HSC
Lukybear said:
See, i always stood on my philosphy that, logic and science cannot apply to God. However since we are on this topic, it does not. God is an omnipotent entity, which means defying logic is possible.

Its the same case with predetermination in philosphy, and how thats contradictory to free will in christianity.
so he can contradict himself by saying he knows who will be saved, yet he gave us free will to sin and defy him?

It makes christianity harder to understand and to follow...

latinorulz

HSC
nikolas said:
Why believe there is a God is the better question.
no one's forcing you to. stay atheist. don't believe.

just don't say I didn't tell you, when you're down there in hell getting cockmeat sandwich 24/7. And I mean 24/7. Isn't it like, eternal damnation or something? Yeah pretty sure it is...

24/7 cockmeat sandwich. Or believe in God..

serz, it's not that hard of a decision...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 17)