• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Does God Exist? (1 Viewer)

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
jezzabelle86 said:
i dont get the 'christian who dont repent' line?
once you Romans 10:9 "confess with your mouth Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead you will be saved"

once you have done this (this includes continueing to believe in your heart) you are forgiven from every sin you've ever done and will do, you dont need to continuelly repent up to your last breath....which is what it sounded like you were implying
Not necessarily. The Christian I am referring to is the generic "I believe in the Christian God" one, not one who necessarily takes on every aspect of the faith. It is my understanding that you need to ask for forgiveness for your sins (i.e. in prayer), and this is done continually. Just saying you believe in God/Jesus and accept His/their authority doesn't 'wash you clean' of all the sin you happen to commit in your life.

superbird

HSC
Armani said:
Whatever her belief, what if she decides to join Christianity based on this decision? Your directly alienation the Atheists just because they don't believe in your God.
I dont understand your logic. Athiests choose to alienate themselves from God. So why cant I point that out?

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Armani said:
Whatever her belief, what if she decides to join Christianity based on this decision? Your directly alienation the Atheists just because they don't believe in your God.
Unlikely, but thank you for making the point for me.

Armani

Corporate Member
HSC
N/A
superbird said:
Do they need to believe in God to do good? No. Do they need to believe in God to go to heaven? Possibly.
But I'll be damned if an athiest over a person who believes in God was chosen to go to heaven.
That's disgusting. Your allowing those who do wrong, and repent, to gain access to this place aspired to by the Christian community and perceived to be Nirvana. You can't justify how a murderer, a rapist or those who sort to gain money and power by subversion through these techniques and others to go to heaven over those who do good but don't believe in God. If this is so I'm glad i don't believe in YOUR God.

dark_angel

God Is One
HSC
jezzabelle86 said:
i dont get the 'christian who dont repent' line?
once you Romans 10:9 "confess with your mouth Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead you will be saved"

once you have done this (this includes continueing to believe in your heart) you are forgiven from every sin you've ever done and will do, you dont need to continuelly repent up to your last breath....which is what it sounded like you were implying
what happens if u kill yourself?

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
superbird said:
I dont understand your logic. Athiests choose to alienate themselves from God. So why cant I point that out?
NO. AthEIsts (I ask that you extend the same courtesy I extend you and spell it properly) do not choose to alienate themselves from the Christian God - they are people who do not believe in any god, or in any religion, at all. There is no alienation. There is simple non-belief.

For atheists, believing in a god/religion is like saying that 2 + 2 = 5 instead of 4 - it doesn't make sense; it is illogical. That's the easiest way I can explain it.

superbird

HSC
Kwayera said:
I'm not assuming. That's what gets forced down my throat every day at my school (which happens to be Anglican) by the chaplain and every other Christian present at my school, so i'm assuming that that's the case. It certainatly makes more sense than yours.

It doesn't matter whether or not I believe in God or the Christian faith or not. I probably know as much as you do, perhaps more, on the subject.
Well good for you :)
But I for one know you're wrong when you say:
"Christians who don't repent and everyone else = hell."

Not "everyone else", or in this case those who dont follow the Christian way, go to Hell. This directly goes against the true meaning and teaching of Christianity. A Muslim, Buddhist or even an Athiest may go to Heaven.

Jezzabelle

Kwayera said:
Not necessarily. The Christian I am referring to is the generic "I believe in the Christian God" one, not one who necessarily takes on every aspect of the faith. It is my understanding that you need to ask for forgiveness for your sins (i.e. in prayer), and this is done continually. Just saying you believe in God/Jesus and accept His/their authority doesn't 'wash you clean' of all the sin you happen to commit in your life.
we continuelly acknowledge we've stuffed up in order to remain humble and grateful of the forgiveness God has given us.

we dont NEED to remember and repent from every little sin to enter heaven, because this would be impossible.

superbird

HSC
Armani said:
That's disgusting. Your allowing those who do wrong, and repent, to gain access to this place aspired to by the Christian community and perceived to be Nirvana. You can't justify how a murderer, a rapist or those who sort to gain money and power by subversion through these techniques and others to go to heaven over those who do good but don't believe in God. If this is so I'm glad i don't believe in YOUR God.
You clearly have no idea how our God works so I suggest you shutup and keep quiet on the matter

Jezzabelle

Armani said:
murder, lust, lying, swearing are all the same weighting to GOD. obviously not in our culture. but you are assuming God judges as the world does, which is wrong.

and i know God accepts criminals into heaven who have repented and believed, as one of the very first people God promised eternity to was such a man.

LUKE 23:39
39One of the criminals who hung there hurled insults at him: "Aren't you the Christ? Save yourself and us!"
40But the other criminal rebuked him. "Don't you fear God," he said, "since you are under the same sentence? 41We are punished justly, for we are getting what our deeds deserve. But this man has done nothing wrong."
42Then he said, "Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom.[6] "
43Jesus answered him, "I tell you the truth, today you will be with me in paradise."

Last edited by a moderator:

dark_angel

God Is One
HSC
Kwayera said:
NO. AthEIsts (I ask that you extend the same courtesy I extend you and spell it properly) do not choose to alienate themselves from the Christian God - they are people who do not believe in any god, or in any religion, at all. There is no alienation. There is simple non-belief.

For atheists, believing in a god/religion is like saying that 2 + 2 = 5 instead of 4 - it doesn't make sense; it is illogical. That's the easiest way I can explain it.
hahahah can u prove 1+1=2 , i cant

Armani

Corporate Member
HSC
N/A
superbird said:
You clearly have no idea how our God works so I suggest you shutup and keep quiet on the matter
Great Christian you are telling me to shut up cause I pose questions you can't answer. If God allowed people like you into Heaven, then the place must suck. If more people like jezzabelle86 were to go to Heaven, then Christianity might not be a bad thing. Instead you corrupt Christianity's reputation with your stain. Go think about your actions before you mouth off with passionate claims that do nothing for the discussion.

Last edited:

Monkey Butler

Pray For Mojo
HSC
OK, how about we say - we don't know how YOUR God works, because obviously he works in a completely different way to the other Christians in this thread. Evangelical Christians (I think, although Jezza said that it was different???) believe what Armani said - that was definitely what I was forced to sit through every week in Chapel. So don't make generalisations for your whole unstable religion ;)

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
superbird said:
Well good for you :)
But I for one know you're wrong when you say:
"Christians who don't repent and everyone else = hell."

Not "everyone else", or in this case those who dont follow the Christian way, go to Hell. This directly goes against the true meaning and teaching of Christianity. A Muslim, Buddhist or even an Athiest may go to Heaven.
No. If you do not believe in God - i.e. 'reject' Him - you are denying, turning away from, 'Jesus' sacrifice'. Thus you do NOT go to heaven.

Armani

Corporate Member
HSC
N/A
jezzabelle86 said:
murder, lust, lying, swearing are all the same weighting to GOD. obviously not in our culture. but you are assuming God judges as the world does, which is wrong.

and i know God accepts criminals into heaven who have repented and believed, as one of the very first people God promised eternity to was such a man.

LUKE 23:39
39One of the criminals who hung there hurled insults at him: "Aren't you the Christ? Save yourself and us!"
40But the other criminal rebuked him. "Don't you fear God," he said, "since you are under the same sentence? 41We are punished justly, for we are getting what our deeds deserve. But this man has done nothing wrong."
42Then he said, "Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom.[6] "
43Jesus answered him, "I tell you the truth, today you will be with me in paradise."
I does this justify me killing someone and repenting to gain access to Heaven?

superbird

HSC
Kwayera said:
No. If you do not believe in God - i.e. 'reject' Him - you are denying, turning away from, 'Jesus' sacrifice'. Thus you do NOT go to heaven.
So tell me, are you God? Because you seem to know exactly how he judges people.

Jezzabelle

Armani said:
all i know buddy is that God looks at the heart and that i can't say how he will judge,

but personally i feel that if you did that, your repentence probably wouldnt be acceptable... your heart would not be right would it?

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Armani said:
No, it doesn't. It's just appealing to all classes/races/cultures/states of civilisation to join the Christian cause (remember, about when the NT was written or shortly after, Christians were persecuted by the Romans. Safety in numbers).

superbird

HSC
Armani said:
Great Christian you are telling me to shut up cause I pose questions you can't answer. If God allowed people like you into Heaven, then the place my suck. If more people like jezzabelle86 were to go to Heaven, then Christianity might not be a bad thing. Instead you corrupt Christianity's reputation with your stain. Go think about your actions before you mouth off with passionate claims that do nothing for the discussion.
This is a forum FFS not real life. Get over it. Heaven forbid if God judges us by our actions on a forum!

Generator

HSC
N/A
Could we lay off the christian bashing (slightly), please? It's hardly fair to press your logical agnostic/athiest argument and then instantly dismiss the argument offered by the christian side just because it happens to be based on another means of justification. Surely that makes a little sense within the 'we cannot prove or disprove whether a god actually exists' concept?

I know that this topic asks whether god exists, and though one may easily find fault in the bible, does that necessarily prove anything beyond that neither side has a case worth considering?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)