Does NO math & science = <90 (1 Viewer)

georgefren

HSC
Well i'm doing 3maths. But i dont think any of the units are going to count, since i do 14 and maths is by far my weakest subject. Its just a backup. You can get over 99 without maths or science. Just means the marks you get have to be a tiny bit higher -> for AHistory a 97 gets scaled to a 92, so you need above like 95 to match a 83 in maths i think.

dp624

HSC
katie21792 said:
what do you have to do to get 100UAI?
100 uai means you need to maintain about a 97~ scaled in each of your subjects

that's relatively hard

Last edited:

shakky15

HSC
one of the people in my grade did visual arts, english advanced, pe, legal, society and SOR 2 unit.

she got band 6s in everything but english and got a UAI of 96.9

just go well in ur subjects and u'll do fine - usually the people that do maths/sciences are smart anyway hence y they do well. but im sure there are many people who do maths and sciences and do crappy in the HSC...

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
Sonnie10 said:
I do no maths & science, however am doing well in my 11 units of:

English Advanced
EE1
SOR1
Modern History
History Extension
Legal Studies
Business Studies

am I doomed to low scaling even if I rank first in my school for some of then and have raw marks of 95+?
my cousin did like, 3u french, music, art, 4u english, no math, no science, and got 92.50

with my subjects
i got 95.25
you'll be fine

4unitfreak

HSC
Yeah it's definitely possible. One of my friends did no maths or science and she got a UAI of above 95 and an all rounder's award.

wendym

HSC
No - my subjects in 08 -

Eng Standard
Studies of religion 1u
Modern History
Ancient History
Business Studies
Society & Culture =

UAI 98.65

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
wendym said:
No - my subjects in 08 -

Eng Standard
Studies of religion 1u
Modern History
Ancient History
Business Studies
Society & Culture =

UAI 98.65
That's pretty awesome.

James Cos

HSC
a student counted the following courses:

Eng (Adv) 2 units
Economics 1 unit
Agriculture 2 units
Philosophy Distinction course 2 units
French Continuers 2 units
French Extension 1 unit
2008 UAI: 99.90

so no, you don't need to do the magical combination of maths ext2 and phys and chem to get a high UAI

rajputsingh

HSC
Sonnie10 said:

English Advanced
EE1
SOR1
Modern History
History Extension
Legal Studies
Business Studies

am I doomed to low scaling even if I rank first in my school for some of then and have raw marks of 95+?

it is definitely possible to get above 90 for ur uai without maths for science as i have valuable information from a reliable source...me i got over 91 with 6 units of social science, a history and english advanced so u can easily score a good uai my friend was exclty the same instead he did 4 uits of socail science and and 4 units of history and 4 units of english and he got 99.9!

Bainesy

HSC
if you kill english, ee1 and ee2 then you can easily get above 90 without any maths or science. i do believe english X's is similar to maths X's in scaling. however english is most peoples weakness, which is why it may seem that no maths or science gives poor uai's

dp624

HSC
Bainesy said:
if you kill english, ee1 and ee2 then you can easily get above 90 without any maths or science. i do believe english X's is similar to maths X's in scaling. however english is most peoples weakness, which is why it may seem that no maths or science gives poor uai's
no way. never will english extension come anywhere close to either MX1 or MX2 in scaling.

Gerald10

HSC
my friend did general maths, adv eng, textiles, art and business studies and got 96.2.

Joel8945

HSC
Sonnie10 said:

English Advanced
EE1
SOR1
Modern History
History Extension
Legal Studies
Business Studies

Let me put it to you this way; our dux of year 12 did no maths/science and got an ENTER of 99.50. I purely did maths and science because I'm strong there I really enjoy them. If you are wanting to do something at university that involves maths and science then you should do them, but, if you can ace these subjects your doing then you are fine. Scaling works by the equivalence of how well you do a subject. So say you do something that scales down by 5 and you get a good study score it really wont affect you whereas doing say something that scales up by 8 that you find hard, the odds are you'll get an average score and with scaling the mark it goes up to may be under what you would have achieved if you did the other subject. I hope this helps! I did VCE and not your system so scores with a max of 100 are a bit different to our scores that max at 50 and our ENTER has a max of 99.95 instead of 100. Don't worry about scaling and just do your best and you wont be disapointed I wasn't.

James Cos

HSC
Joel8945 said:
Let me put it to you this way; our dux of year 12 did no maths/science and got an ENTER of 99.50. I purely did maths and science because I'm strong there I really enjoy them. If you are wanting to do something at university that involves maths and science then you should do them, but, if you can ace these subjects your doing then you are fine. Scaling works by the equivalence of how well you do a subject. So say you do something that scales down by 5 and you get a good study score it really wont affect you whereas doing say something that scales up by 8 that you find hard, the odds are you'll get an average score and with scaling the mark it goes up to may be under what you would have achieved if you did the other subject. I hope this helps! I did VCE and not your system so scores with a max of 100 are a bit different to our scores that max at 50 and our ENTER has a max of 99.95 instead of 100. Don't worry about scaling and just do your best and you wont be disapointed I wasn't.
wrong state

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Best example to you guys who are unsure about this matter: Daniel Swain.

He got 100 UAI and he also probably got the top UAI aggregate this year (about 496 or thereabout) and he did NO MATHS AND SCIENCE.

Yeah...now we are talking something.

Last edited:

James Cos

HSC
lyounamu said:
Best example to you guys who are unsure about this matter: Daniel Swain.

He got 100 UAI and he also probably got the top UAI aggregate this year (about 496 or thereabout) and he did NO MATHS AND SCIENCE.

Yeah...now we are talking something.
But then again, he was described by his teacher as a student who comes along "once in a lifetime", and as a "freak of nature".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)