Does religion affect your view on a potential partner? (1 Viewer)

Does religion affect your view on a potential partner?

• Yup

Votes: 42 56.0%
  • Nup

Votes: 7 9.3%
  • It doesn't matter as long as they don't try to convert me

Votes: 22 29.3%
  • Other - discuss

Votes: 4 5.3%

• Total voters

Jaundice

Banned
HSC
N/A
Imma point out that that guy is ugly and kinda bogan looking. No losses there.

See I get where you are coming from mysterygenius but what we are really talking about is dating religious people with the potential of starting a family with them. Not those meaningless dates you have in like year 7.

When you have people of different beliefs having kids together things get messy. For eg. A Jew marrying a Catholic. Either parent could want their child to be brought up in their religion because they believe their religion is more important. So, as an athetist marrying someone religious there is still the possibility of something happening like that and well quite frankly I want to avoid any unneccessay conflict. Thats why I don't date religious people because even if I got to the point I wanted to escalate the relationship with them I would be unable to do so simply because of religion. I don't ever want to be in a situation where I have to fight my partner over not letting my child go to scripture or mass until they can decide for themselves.

I don't believe in the indoctrination of children and I believe that when people are of a considerable age they should then make the choice about whether they will have religious beliefs or not.

mirakon

nigga
HSC
do religious women have vaginas with teeth. that is what i heard

Jaundice

Banned
HSC
N/A
Another negative about religion. You might have a partner who is pretty easy going about religion and doesn't see the need to bring your child up as religious but he might have a very religious family or just a moderately religious family. That could lead to conflict because the family might see it fit to intervene about their grandchild not being raised as a religious child.

Too messy etc.

HSC
I would date a religious person. I probably won't marry them unless their faith wasn't something they necessarily felt strongly about. It's not so much that I think that they'd make inferior partners, more that I think it just wouldn't work out because of a clash of interests.

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
Islamics aren't allowed to have boyfriends until they get married

cosmo kramer

Banned
HSC
overtly religious and strongly religious people are creepy

i dont really care if somebody is just mildly religious (most religious people are mildly religious and dont really care about religion at all) and id never date a member of a wacko non-christian religion obviously because then they wouldnt be white and if they were white then they'd be strongly religious because theres no such thing as a religiously apathetic white muslim or hindu

Last edited:
HSC
Religious affiliation is not important in the slightest in a relationship until children are involved.

A religious parent would want their child to have the same religious beliefs as them. An atheist parent would have to just say "let them decide for themselves" and the child would be an atheist anyway. Religious faith is only ever branded into an individual from a young age, so if a child doesn't mature with hatred and malice being poured into their brain, they won't develop it on their own.

On a personal level, this is why I wouldn't accept a religious partner.

Other than that, the people you know are children and immature about others' beliefs and opinions I would think.
how so?

so you would go out with a christian or muslim (who atually believes in their faith etc)?

HSC
ok after reading this thread

i couldnt date a religious person because i would forever be belittling them for being stupid

cosmo kramer

Banned
HSC
how religious are we talking zombie

what if it was a mega hot chick who was just mildly religious

most of the people who claim to be 'christians' that i know get drunk all the time etc and just do whatever and dont care and dont go to church

an indication of strongly religious in this country is if you go to church

thats amazing really lol but its true

ive only known like three people who went to church and they were all pretty strongly religious

HSC
yeah even if she was like that id still not want to seriously date her

id always be saying how stupid religion is etc and it just wouldnt work. oh i know heaps of people who go to church. people you wouldnt expect. its creepy

cosmo kramer

Banned
HSC
lol m8 i think you are blustering

idc that much i mean yeah not being religious at all / atheist / agnostic is cool its a plus but w/e sometimes some factors would outweigh it big time like being super hot

totally overtly religious is really really creepy though and annoying

HSC
no my mate has a gf who goes to church and is no sex until marriage and now they dont talk to me because i teased him about it

HSC
yeah best part is that she is fucking fine

but her older sisters are obese
and shes slowly gaining weight
and in a few years (ie by the time she finishes uni) she will be large
and ill be like see cunt you should have fucked her while she was hot you dickhead

Master master

HSC
What would happen if people of two different religions were to breed? Think of the children!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)