Drinking age to rise to 21 (due to road toll) (1 Viewer)

aussie-boy

HSC
Anyone have the number of 18,19 and 20 years in australia right now, should be lol worthy to see how many will be voting against Krudd.
Kevin Rudd has never said (inferred, implied or even shown the slightest indication) that he would like to raise the drinking age

mcflystargirl

HSC
N/A
Kevin Rudd has never said (inferred, implied or even shown the slightest indication) that he would like to raise the drinking age
yeah the most he did is say that if the evidence is there that he works he would consider it.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
Umm, no, this all came up because of 1 teenager in the audience of Q&A this week asking a specific question about raising the age
If you have paid attention to anything, you would know its been mentioned a few times before Krudds appearance on Q&A.

SpoonSamba

HSC
He's not lifting the drinking age its too stupid, everyone jsut jumped on this cos he slipped up on q&A. obviously if youre prime minister hsits a lot easier if you take drunk people out of the equation if its without ramfiication but it obviously would have huge consequences.

ITS NOT GONNA HAPPEN THIS THREAD IS STUPID

Will Shakespear

mumbo magic
HSC
He's not lifting the drinking age its too stupid, everyone jsut jumped on this cos he slipped up on q&A. obviously if youre prime minister hsits a lot easier if you take drunk people out of the equation if its without ramfiication but it obviously would have huge consequences.

ITS NOT GONNA HAPPEN THIS THREAD IS STUPID
shut up, someone might read more than the thread title and the fun of the thread will be lost

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
I hate Rudd and his nanny state bullshit this particular slip up aside.

Why on earth did we vote out the most stable government in forever.
Some of the report’s 31 recommendations:
-Compulsory treatment for teenage addicts
-Restrictions on methadone programs
-Withdrawing funding from drug programs that promote harm minimisation
-Young children be taken away from drug-addicted parents permanently and adopted out
-A review of needle exchange programs
-Closing the safe injection facility
-Random workplace testing for anyone working in public hospitals including doctors and nurses

jennyfromdabloc

coked up sociopath
HSC
If Rudd is serious about harm minimization he should ban all alcohol.

People of all ages abuse alcohol and it contributes to many avoidable road deaths.

It also causes public health problems and violence and is more dangerous than most illegal drugs.

Considering how high the road toll is and how many people of all ages needlessly die every year he should also consider banning cars.

ilikebeeef

HSC

People of all ages abuse alcohol and it contributes to many avoidable road deaths.

It also causes public health problems and violence and is more dangerous than most illegal drugs.

Considering how high the road toll is and how many people of all ages needlessly die every year he should also consider banning cars.
Don't move because you might endanger yourself.

Don't not move because you might get fat.

Will Shakespear

mumbo magic
HSC

I wonder what would happen if they made it against the law to injure urself

hsb39

HSC
This is just plain stupid. I'd be in the 1% of 16 year olds who doesn't drink. Rudd doesn't know what he's talking about on this issue (and I usually don't mind the guy, at least compared to most politicians), increasing the drinking age won't significantly lower drinking rates, it will significantly increase illegal drinking rates, in fact I wouldn't be surprised if under 18 drinking rose as a protest to this.

hsb39

HSC
Injuries would decrease massively.

The government should also make cancer illegal.
I would say something more along the lines of "support for those who injure themselves would decrease massively".

5233andy

HSC
Frankly, I have nothing wrong with the increase of the drinking age to 21. I cannot understand why many individuals consider drinking and smoking to be a rite of passage into adulthood.

And for all of you who oppose the idea, it really shows what kind of family you've been brought up in and I honestly do feel sorry for you.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
Whatever, the current generation is the safest to ever come along, generally they frown upon drink driving and dont want to be in the car with a drunk driver where as our parents got pissed and drove regularly and thought nothing of it until they killed someone.

Even now, most drunk driver fatalities are from the older generation, and they have had years of experience and should know better. I dont know anyone my age who has died in a drink driving accident, but both my parents know a few people each.

Also, before this P plate passenger restriction bullshit was brought in, our generation flocked to the designated driver arrangement in record numbers, whilst our parents haven't ever been that enthusiastic about it.

There isnt some sort of ridiculous drink driving young people epidemic, its just media hype.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)